Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (March 2014)

Discussion in 'New England' started by F2brewers, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovindahops

lovindahops Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2010 New York

It would be incredible to see E. jump up there soon on the shelves (like next week :slight_smile: ). Since it was last released 2012, it's one of those HF brews I am certainly amped to try ASAP.... Along with Mimosa and Ann.... those two are due too I think/hope.

2. POTABLE83

POTABLE83 Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2012 New York

Shaun mentioned that E. probably will be coming out a little after Easter

mikeywtc likes this.
  3. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2010 New York

No word on another batch of Ann, but Shaun rebrewed Mimosa last month, I believe, which means it should be out in another year or so, depending on how long he ages this batch for.

What I want is info on another batch of Art. Never got to try this, want desperately.

pisano likes this.
  4. pisano

pisano Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Definitely agree with you on Art. Dying to try it. And it's extremely hard to trade for.

I thought I read somewhere a while back that he had a batch of Anna in barrels that "could become Ann". Maybe it wasn't worthy enough or it's still in barrels...?

5. Crookdrain

Could be for an upcoming Civil Disobedience too. What is Art trading for right now? At or above the same level as Flora?

6. SadMachine

SadMachine Pooh-Bah (2,976) Mar 14, 2011 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I can confirm that he brewed Mimosa recently as I was there when they were prepping it (zesting/juicing). I hope it's only a year, but I thought it was aged longer? I could be wrong though, and I hope I am!

7. Crookdrain

From the HF website :
    "Mimosa was conditioned for 8 months in wine barrels with our resident microflora."

SadMachine likes this.
  8. pisano

pisano Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

I would say Art trades a bit higher than Flora, although I can't say exactly what it would take since I haven't been successful at landing one yet. Maybe similar to vintage Flora or Satsuma?

Crookdrain likes this.
  9. Crookdrain

So you're saying I'd have to give up my only Flora + to try Art? Helllllll no!

I was hoping B3 Norma+ would get it done.

10. Msudukie

Msudukie Pundit (920) Oct 26, 2013 New York
    Trader

Question - the description of Art says that eventually all releases of Arthur will be barrel aged like prior Art released and new Art will be aged for 12 months or more. Was recent batch of Arthur barrel aged?

11. Auror

Auror Pooh-Bah (1,641) Jan 1, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah

All the saisons from the last few months are aged in oak for a period of time.

SadMachine and Msudukie like this.
  12. kfernandez3

kfernandez3 Devotee (325) May 12, 2013 Connecticut

Hey all. I'm probably headed up to HF tomorrow. Wanted to find out from those of you who have gone up on a Friday what lines have looked like. Last time I was up there was for DBD, Satsuma, Flora, and Damon simultaneous release and that line was north of 4 hours. Was wondering what time would be best to be there and get a M&C 3 and get through the growler line in an hour or maybe a tad bit more. I'll be coming from southern CT so it will probably take 4 to 4.5 hours to get there.

13. Crookdrain

It's usually a crapshoot. We went up the Friday after the Norma release, got there at 2pm, and there was no one else at HF but us - it was kind of surreal. Line started forming around 2:30 though, and by 4:30 the line was to the door. We've also gone up on a random Thursday at 12:30 and waited 2.5 hours in the growler line. Best bet is to plan for a long wait no matter what time you go. Good luck!

kfernandez3 likes this.
  14. mushrooms

mushrooms Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2013 Uzbekistan

Very unlikely unless your + is amazing. Flora b5 would not pull an Art without some significant additions itself.

franklinn likes this.
  15. SadMachine

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

You think Flora is worth more trade wise than Norma? For what reason might I ask? I've only had Flora (loved it!), but for whatever reason I thought that Norma was the more coveted beer of the 2.

16. Crookdrain

I've had both, and I prefer Flora to Norma, but it's very close. Flora was slightly more limited last year (I think Norma was 2pp first day, 1pp after. Flora was always 1pp).

This year Norma was 3pp lowered to 2pp. No idea what Flora B6 will be, but hopefully he made more.

17. SadMachine

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Actually they had Flora at 2pp for a few days the week before the big release of DBD/Flora Satsuma etc. Same went for Damon, except that was actually available for almost 2 weeks before at 2pp. They simply saved 300 bottles of each for that big release to go w/ the other 2 that were actually super low bottle count and had everything that day as 1pp.

18. bahnfire

bahnfire Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2011 Vermont

I'm pretty sure Flora was only ever 1pp this go round. Granted, I've been wrong before and I never made it up while it was available. Regardless, while they are both sought after HF beers that trade well, I would agree that Flora (at least currently) is the harder of the two to land. But thats just like, my opinion man :slight_smile:

19. knucks999

knucks999 Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2008 Colorado

I'm not planning on visiting anytime soon, but had a question. Where does everyone park when there's a line that 4+ hours? How many cars is that? Do their neighbors get get mad with all this traffic? Just wondering.

20. BobCobb

BobCobb Pundit (962) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I think 3+ is very rare, but you'd actually be amazed (or maybe not, what do I know) at how few people it takes to have a growler line of a couple hours, and many often carpool. 15 cars could easily be several hours.

sandman3479 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.