1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Cuzco's n00b BIF Hints and Hauls thread!!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Cuzco, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Cuzco

Cuzco Member

All targets are out now (for real this time) and everyone should have one! If you didn't get one PLEASE let me know ASAP.

The Reminders to keep in mind:

100oz minimum of Local Treats. Let your area shine through! Make people jealous of what you can walk into your local shop and grab any day of the week. This is NOT about whalez and/or limited brew. If you WANT to include something like that, you can but you should NOT feel you have to or expect anything like that in the box you are getting. The Maximum is 250oz. (I know I upped it a bit from the other thread but 2 6 packs and 3 bombers would be over 200.)

In addition to the beer at least 1 brewery related item is required. Stickers and Coasters do NOT count unless they are ones you had to actually purchase like a bumper sticker or plastic coasters.

All boxes MUST LAND by May 8th!!! If you run into any issues along the way PLEASE let me know ASAP. This is one of the largest BIFS I have run and communication with me will be important to make sure it runs smoothly. Remember, you do NOT contact your target. The box and where it is coming from is supposed to be a SURPRISE!!!

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: HAVE FUN!!!!
  2. drbenzo

drbenzo Member

Awesome!
    I live in SOCA, so clearly any IPA's, DIPA's, Stouts, or belgian styles, soours I can not get here would be great! Cheers!
  3. bahnfire

bahnfire Member

Not sure if I'm going to be able to find 100-250oz of good local beer in Vermont. I feel bad for my target :p
  4. mhenson42

mhenson42 Member

Can we ship anytime between now and May 8th or should we wait until the first week of May?
  5. roon

roon Member

Thats a lot of Heady Topper.
  6. Cuzco

Cuzco Member

anytime between now and May 5th is fine with me! Remembers boxes must LAND by the 8th so give a few days for shipping!
  7. FremontBar

FremontBar Member

Thanks for setting this up Cuzco, seems like a lot work. Target acquired, good thing they like Firestone Walker, they will also be getting Odell bombed. I don't have many wants listed in my profile because I pretty much want anything I can't get in AZ. I like all beer styles but the bigger the better.
    Rusel_G likes this.
  8. emottram

emottram Member

I will be shipping west and should be able to hit some out of distro wants in addition to the 100+oz of Massachusetts locals
  9. roon

roon Member

100oz of locals is going to be easy. I should have warned you Cuzco...I have an issue with authority and tend to ignore rules...
    Rusel_G, kirbmeist and No1Smitty like this.
  10. ColdOne

ColdOne Member

Now I can say it and mean it: "It's not for me, honey. It's for a friend." My local wonder is heading west, people, but not so far as the ocean.
  11. Pecafaced

Pecafaced Member

Target acquired. My box or boxes will be shipping north to my in-law's home state. I might be able to hit a few of my target's wants from my area.
  12. founder26

founder26 Member

Awesome! My likes/wants are in my profile, but ill just say it here, I love ipa's, pale ales, stouts, barrel aged stuff, also glassware. Dislike sours and belgian/spicy stuff.
  13. Poorpatz

Poorpatz Member

My box/boxes will be heading west to one of the few remaining states that I have yet to visit. I should be able to hit a few of my targets wants as well as my local quota.
  14. KevinMc79

KevinMc79 Member

My box will be traveling east to someone with very few wants. Chicago has so many goodies to send these days.
  15. FremontBar

FremontBar Member

My box is heading Southeast two someone with many wants, so many I should be able to fill my box with them with a little room to spare for some real locals.
    illy0sis likes this.
  16. lurpy1

lurpy1 Member

Due to 100% travel, I am proud to have dual beer citizenship in MN and MI, and WI, despite being third world, is a great beer state and only a small drive away. Thus, my box will be heavy on, among others, Surly, NG, CW, maybe several MI goodies, and is heading south of me and to a state that has access to none of the above.
  17. SBALDWIN

SBALDWIN Member

My box is heading due east of me. Going to contain some PA goodness
  18. mhenson42

mhenson42 Member

Cool. My box will be on its way to the left coast Monday. :)
    1424IpA likes this.
  19. ewright

ewright Member

Sarcasm at it's finest! If I was part of this BIF and someone dropped 250 oz of Heady on my porch, I think I'd faint.
    ufmj and ThreeFishes like this.
  20. My target is getting a beer from a brewery so small, it's only one dude.
    ufmj and No1Smitty like this.
  21. PattyMelt

PattyMelt Member

My box(es) will be heading way south, where the stars at night are big and bright. So many wants are obtainable, and I happen to already have 3 of their wants in my fridge right now. :)
    illy0sis and UtisTheLaw like this.
  22. ThreeFishes

ThreeFishes Member

Hint #1: My target is located North of me! :p
  23. ijaap

ijaap Member

I will be more than happy with anything I can't get in WA!

Target will be getting some delicious treats from the PNW.
  24. 1424IpA

1424IpA Member

My target is west of me and freezes his ass off ever winter. My happy ass is enjoy 82* weather today and my wants list is current and up to date. I love ipa's and anything barrel aged. Cheers!
  25. Marti403

Marti403 Member

If I were to drop my target's box of in person, I'd be traveling more than 400 miles to do so.
  26. zekeman17

zekeman17 Member

My target and I are pretty different in tastes, though there is at least one overlapping style.
    This will be a bit of a challenge and a learning experience tracking down some stuff for them.
    Whatever ends up in it, my box will be heading West of me.
  27. ThreeFishes

ThreeFishes Member

Ok, so I've perused my targets Wants and taken a stroll through my cellar. It looks like I have about 204 oz. of locals and 84 oz. of Wants. Its ok to go just a bit over the limit, yes? I mean just a bit.
  28. 1424IpA

1424IpA Member

I meant my target is east of me, sorry too much sunshine on the iPad.
  29. mborden

mborden Member

Haha, I was wondering if you had an Alaska-bound package or something!
  30. mborden

mborden Member

My target's wants are pretty thin and no styles in their profile, but seekabrew helps. Although living in CNY I'm always amused by the NYC distribution that pops up that is far from locally distributed (to me). My package is heading east!
  31. roon

roon Member

My target is in the NE and has been around BA for quite some time.
  32. Coldsnack

Coldsnack Member

I'm changing my strategy after seeing my target's wants and hads. It's going to be a little challenging but I look forward to it.
  33. nesarebad

nesarebad Member

My target is west of me, but not too far west. I would say it is west enough for me to get them some things they have never seen (hopefully). :)
  34. sofisdad

sofisdad Member

My package will be heading NE, to a land my favorite basketball team originated from. Too easy?
    Cuzco likes this.
  35. ThreeFishes

ThreeFishes Member

Hint #2: My target will receive a box that has traveled over 1000 miles.
  36. bugdoc

bugdoc Member

My shipment'll be going to a part of the country where I used to live. Hitting wants should be eminently doable, though a lot of my target's wants are dated quite some time ago, so hopefully my target is still looking for them!
  37. zekeman17

zekeman17 Member

Any chance we could get a complete list of participants posted?
    With numbers nearing 80, I'm sure it'll be next to impossible to
    narrow it down to who my sender is, but I'm still going to try.
  38. flaran

flaran Member

Hint #1: My target is far east of me, in a state I've only visited once.

Excited about this BIF. Kind of a wildcard with this many people!
    Cuzco and bmony26 like this.
  39. My target has more likes than posts.
  40. drbenzo

drbenzo Member

If my sender is wondering I have been a member of BA since 2005, but I don't do many reviews here nor have I ever kept up with wants and gots till this trade. I mostly use Cellarhq and Untappd. Also, I have always traded in person or with my best friend in Pittsburgh. So, my BA profile may not have as much info as you like.
    Hint: I LOVE IPA and DIPA, but they have to be fresh. Also, I often have a connection with PA distributed beers. I am looking for a connection on Hill Farmstead beers ;) Otherwise I like barrel beers and Belgians (and Belgian style beers). A really good sour goes along way. I had Sour on the Rye tonight and it was delicious!
    Cheers!