CW 15/Silva and Shaggy whats it take?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by HopsHopenstein, Jan 29, 2013.

1. was wondering if anyone has landed these beers in a trade and if so what did it take to get them. Thanks and Cheers!

2. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Wondering the same thing about the Fifteen. Seems like an instawhale....

3. dman5400

dman5400 Savant (255) Illinois Jan 13, 2011

Silva and shaggy were released at much higher volume than anticipated. I've heard between 12-24 bottles of each were allowed per person. Should be plenty to go around.

4. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

I have a trade in the works for two 15's for Fou, BBM29, and 08 DL as part of a larger package. Based on it already being the 11th highest rated Imp stout, it's low bottle count, and that it's absolutely fucking delicious, it's gonna take some good stuff.

5. I thought it was initially one four pack with the option to buy a four pack of the other beer per person, alongside a dinner of edibles.

6. dman5400

Yeah orginally it was. Three of my trading partners have confirmed they were allowed to buy 3 four packs of each.

beercules101 likes this.
  7. Damn, that must have been a nice (albeit pricey) surprise. I was actually waiting for people to freak out over the pictures of half cases in the hauls thread earlier.

8. dman5400

Yeah I set up two pretrades under the impression it would be way more limited. Then I found negotiated and shipped half the beer for the same amount as both pretrades today. I don't feel bad though... glad to hook fellow BA's up.

polisanl, ehammond1 and beercules101 like this.

9. The way it should be. Its just beer and a successful trade is when both parties are happy. Kudos to you man!

dman5400 likes this.
  10. Tried a bunch of times yesterday to land a mixed 4 pack and failed. Seems most are wanting a bottle of each for a Cherry Rye. Had 1 offer of 3silvas and 2 shaggys for cherry rye, coffee, and bbpt5. I just couldnt swing that price tag. Would have done 2 of those 3 but didnt work out.

11. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (665) Colorado Apr 15, 2011 Verified

Do we have any idea what the bottle count was?

12. Lansman

Lansman Savant (445) Illinois Mar 19, 2011 Verified

1700 bottles of Fifteen were produced according to the Central Waters staff on hand at the release.

pmoney likes this.
  13. Bildo

Bildo Aficionado (195) Minnesota Jan 24, 2013

the bottle count for cw 15 was around 1700. they ran out after 90 minutes with a bottle limit of 4 bottles. was lucky to get some!!

pmoney likes this.
  14. Surprising they didnt have a 2 bottle limit for only 1700 bottles. Were there a lot of people who didnt get bottles?

15. Lansman

There were a great number of people who got shut out of Fifteen, resulting in an unfortunate number of complaints in the Great Lakes Forum. The Central Waters staff did a great job of putting on an awesome event, but unfortunately the demand far outstripped the supply, and there were a number of individuals who left unhappy.

16. That sucks, its a constant at these releases nowadays. Dont know how the central waters event is done but after seeing what people were trading for 1414 and the reviews it got I would have cut that bottle limit to 2 or 1. Had to know there were going to be tons of people in line for this one. Guess I need to make a world class BA stout so I can set the bottle limits ;)

17. Bildo

unfortately they were not able to anticipate the the greatness of the event. last year for the 1414 there was basically no limit and you could still purchase the beer the next day.

18. mobius387

mobius387 Savant (440) Florida Dec 5, 2010 Verified

last year they had same # for 1414 and no limit and it lasted the whole night i believe, or at least most of it. thats the power of what a gold medal at GABF does i guess.

Bildo and HopsHopenstein like this.
  19. Lansman

The Central Waters staff were caught in a difficult position. The brewery isn't located near any major metropolitan areas so a vast majority of the people who traveled to get there came from hundreds of miles away to attend the event. Though a great number of people missed out on Fifteen, they had all their barrel-aged variants for sale with no limits (save a one-case limit on Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout, presumably due to a lower bottle count produced due to the drought last year) and the barrel-aged variants were available throughout the entire event.

Compounding the low bottle count issue, they allowed those who brought back the infected Peruvian Morning batch from 2012 to exchange 1:1 for a bottle of Fifteen. While some individuals chose to not 'maximize' their acquisition of Fifteen to allow for others to get a bottle (they exchanged for this year's Peruvian Morning instead, for instance), some individuals exchanged all of their infected four-packs for nothing but Fifteen, and that hurt the number of people acquiring the bottles as well.

HopsHopenstein likes this.
  20. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

1700/4 = 425 people. I don't think there were actually 425 people there that wanted to buy their full allocation. However, like Lansman said, with them offering 15 in exchange for infected PM, the 200 VIP's that were allowed to buy 2, then 4 before the first people in line even got up there, it resulted in very fewer people buying bottles, I'd say around 200.
    Ninja Edit: Forgot to answer your question - It's gonna take some WALEZ BRO! I have no intention in trading any of mine. (but obviously to share with fellow BA's that got none).

dlello2, Wiscobrew and HopsHopenstein like this.
  21. Bildo

after tasting it at CW it may take a good offer to give up one mine also.

22. On a different note whats the deal w/ CW BBS & CW BBBW, does it take alot to land these guys? I have only ever had them as extras and love both. Are these pretty limited?

23. How would you compare it to the other Big BA stouts?

24. mobius387

mobius387 Savant (440) Florida Dec 5, 2010 Verified

last year the BBS was easy to find on shelves for months. this year it was gone in about a week. the BBBW should be getting its distro this week, but even last year that one was gone in a week with a much tighter limit. my guess is that this year it will be pretty hard to get more than a 4 pack for anyone who didnt go to the release party.

in summary, FT: BBBW ISO: Cable Car

I keed, I keed

HopsHopenstein likes this.
  25. Lansman

CW BBS was relatively easy to come by for a while in the Chicago and Wisconsin areas. BBBW is another story altogether. The stuff is delicious, priced incredibly well, and is the best bourbon barrel variant for the dollar. As a result, it will sell out immediately in the Midwest when it comes available (it already hit some areas of the Wisconsin market and the stuff disappears within a few hours).

26. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I have a soft spot for BBPt5. I'd 1:1 Silva all day for that stuff and make up any $ differences. Not sure what BBPt5 cost.

27. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

BBPt5 was 22 per four pack.

28. evilc

Nice and almost even trade then, nothing a SD local can't even out! Thanks!

29. I haven't had BBPt5. If you can facilitate a larger trade, I will take half the trade and replace some of your Silvas.

30. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (420) Illinois May 6, 2012

Are Silva and Shaggy worth trading for? In comparison to the great BA stouts we get here? Evilc didn't see too enthused. Curious what others thought...

Edit: Know Shaggy is a BA BW....

31. evilc

I wasn't but everyone else seems to be. Sometimes I am vastly out of the line with the majority. We'll see how the Midwest guys review it.

32. evilc

I have built up a 4 pack of it now, we'll bottleshare sometime =)

33. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (455) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

Funny you say that, I have some BBPt5 and Black Note heading out for some Silva and Shaggy on Monday.

34. Mjmoser

BBPt5 is amazing. Worth every penny (beer) it takes to acquire...

dman5400 likes this.
  35. evilc

We always want what isn't here....

Guilty as charged!

36. evilc

Yeah it really blew me away. Might be my favorite beer minus BCBS variants.

37. Wiscobrew

Wiscobrew Savant (265) Nevada Feb 19, 2011

Got my 15 for a Parabola.

Bildo likes this.
  38. Damn, I offered up a parabola and 2 eclipse variants (would of thrown in the 3rd) and didn't get a sniff.

39. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (665) Colorado Apr 15, 2011 Verified

Three Eclipse variants for a Fifteen? :eek:

Penguin3200 and Beerandraiderfan like this.
  40. Mjmoser

I assume this is the difference between trading with a prior trading partner and trying with a stranger who wants to maximize their return....

I am trading a Parabola for a 1414, but can't land a 15. My guy also got shut out.