Dark Horse IPA variety 12 pack!!

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Swik, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Swik

Swik Savant (290) Indiana Oct 2, 2012

Dropping 4/20!!! 4 different IPAs, crooked tree and three new single hop projects utilizing Falconers Flight, Cascade and Citra hops. Don't know about y'all, but I'm stoked, think I might live on this stuff this summer.

www.darkhorsebrewery.com

2. premierpro

premierpro Savant (315) Michigan Mar 21, 2009

I would buy this one!

3. beerinNV

beerinNV Savant (265) Nevada Jan 3, 2012

Now which one of you guys wants to send one to Nevada?

Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  4. Zaphog

Zaphog Poobah (1,115) Michigan Sep 23, 2011

The Citra Crooked Tree aka Artic Dekoorc Eert is amazing! I loved it at 4 Elf this year. The Cascade and FF variants were pretty tasty too.​

I'll def be picking one of these up!

BoneyardBrewer and Swik like this.
  5. craigo19

craigo19 Savant (270) Michigan Oct 12, 2009

We might be able to work out a trade, I should be able to get a couple of the 12 packs. BM me and we will see if we can work something out.

6. Swik

Nice, I was wondering if anyone had a chance to try any of these before now. I'm psyched, I think this is probably the best variety pack I've ever seen.

Zaphog likes this.
  7. Buttermilk

Buttermilk Savant (315) Illinois Jul 9, 2010

oh hell yeah! I'm all over this!

8. Any idea on which states they will distribute it to?

9. bpfrush

bpfrush Advocate (570) Wisconsin Jan 24, 2009

Excited about this. The Citra version was great at the Great Taste last year!

10. Alextricity

Alextricity Champion (785) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

My bottle shop had better get this ... I'd love to try Crooked Tree fresh, and I'm always up for new IPAs.

11. Icarus

Icarus Savant (260) Minnesota Oct 6, 2012

I would try this.

12. Swik

On there website it says wherever they distribute now should receive this, so if you've got crooked tree or the raspberry wheat on shelves anywhere now you should be seeing this soon.

skinsfan, jminch and Onenote81 like this.
  13. This is great news. I'll hope to see this soon!

14. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

My beer boner has become twisted in anticipation.

15. shredder83

shredder83 Savant (430) Illinois Feb 21, 2013

Seems promising, dark horse has underwhelmed me so far though. Maybe getting to try a few new ipa's from them fresh will change my mind.

16. BeastLU

BeastLU Advocate (550) Virginia Dec 20, 2012

It says on their website that it will be available to all distributors, so it's up to your local distributor to order it from DH.

17. It says on there website that they ship. I assume they ship to Michigan only?

18. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

Citra crooked tree was amazing at the wmbf, cant wait to get it in bottles!

Zaphog likes this.
  19. On the look out for this in PA!

20. BeastLU

Hitting the shelves in VA later this week!

spitshaded and skinsfan like this.
  21. Very cool. I've been trying as many Dark Horse beers a I can get in Ohio. Going all-in on them lately.

The only bad beer I've had is their "One Oatmel Stout" which was pretty pathetic - no big deal though. Other than that, I'm really digging their stuff....man. o_O

22. Swik

Gotta get your hands on plead the 5th, amazing stout. They're definetly a growing brewery, and this 12 pack is showing some great innovation.

skinsfan likes this.
  23. Having a Double Crooked Tree, and can't wait for 4/20....the DH Variety 12ver, not the other stuff. I am anxious to try the Citra since I just missed a keg at DH a month or so ago.

24. No Super Juice?!

25. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

So there will be in all of their distro markets? Stoked!

26. Swik

Finally picked one up and the pricing is pretty steep IMO $28, but that being said the brews so far are amazing!!!

27. taxman

taxman Savant (265) Illinois Feb 22, 2012

picked some up when I was in MI last week. Trying it this weekend. It should be interesting to compare them side-by-side.

28. BeastLU

In my opinion fair would be about 22-24 seems like micro brew 12s dont get the same break in margin as macro 12s or even sam and SN 12s.

29. Too bad the Citra version isn't available in its own 6 pack.

30. Swik

Agreed, I guess I rationalized it by thinking I normally pay 10-15 a sixer so I get it but man it seems high! Also wish all these existed on their own as started above.

31. BeastLU

Yeah I was disapointed with the price, I work for a DH distributor and I know how much the retailers pay for it. It is more than a case of Crooked Tree for them, BUT I think fair markup on a 12 is not as much a 6er.

32. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

Grabbed one yesterday in VA for $25. Have not cracked them open yet, but will soon enough. Do we know if this is just a one time release or they are going to start releasing these, either once a year or from time to time?

33. Anyone see this is SEPA?

34. tstigz

tstigz Savant (325) Illinois Dec 6, 2010

This...is awesome.

35. dalepryor

dalepryor Savant (380) Texas Aug 30, 2007

Saw this today at my local store for $22. Looks awesome, going to grab one tomorrow when I get off work.

36. mcrago

mcrago Savant (395) Indiana Oct 6, 2012

Picked this up yesterday in Indiana for $28. I think it's very good, but doesn't overwhelm me. The Crooked Tree citra was good, but isn't even close to Kern River's Citra.

37. I think the citra competes with zombie dust.

38. Oh hell yeah. We live in an amazing time for beer. I hope this bubble never pops.

39. JDizzle

JDizzle Savant (410) Indiana Aug 24, 2010

Seems steep...and that sucks. I though this would be around $18, not $28 in my hood.

40. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Sign me up!