1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Dark Horse Plead the 5th?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by raymo55, Feb 24, 2012.

1. raymo55

raymo55 Member

Has anyone seen it in Michigan yet?

I heard it made it to the SE side but I haven't seen it on the SW side. I was hoping to find it this weekend.

EDIT
  2. semibaked

semibaked Member

Just got it in the store yesterday, but I am in Mid-Michigan, we got 2 cases, not nearly enough, haha.
  3. DrDoitchbig

DrDoitchbig Member

It's been trickling into the Metro Detroit area for a little over a week now.
  4. elephantrider

elephantrider Member

Found some at sav-mor in Eastpointe, along with some double crooked tree.
  5. raymo55

raymo55 Member

Dammit...nothing in Kalamazoo or GR yet
  6. steebo777

steebo777 Member

I bought some at Holiday in Royal Oak last week.
  7. divineaudio

divineaudio Member

I picked up a few 4pks at Holiday Market in Royal Oak last weekend. There were about two cases or so on the floor when I was there.

Also, 8 Degrees Plato in Ferndale posted on their facebook that they had some in stock last week.
  8. FINEBEERGUY

FINEBEERGUY Member

9. ChadlyG

ChadlyG Member

Sicilianos posted it on their New Beer Friday today. 2 bottle limit.

I expect to see it in other stores in GR & Holland as well.
  10. raymo55

raymo55 Member

2 bottle limit??? Haha...that's hilarious
  11. Kgristoff

Kgristoff Member

Shoot me a BM if you can't find any. I'm pretty sure that I can get my hands on a decent amount right now but I'm not sure how much longer they will sit on the shelves.
  12. raymo55

raymo55 Member

I'm on the southeast side of Michigan....I can just wait for it to hit locally (but not with bottle limits :confused:) ...but thanks for the offer!
  13. bierenutz

bierenutz Member

I'm...:confused:...aren't you on the southwest side of the state?
  14. camil1mj

camil1mj Member

I have seen it at a couple of stores in Livonia over the past week and a half.
  15. raymo55

raymo55 Member

You are correct....:oops:
  16. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Member

I'm not that surprised with the limit. The stuff is going very fast. I was lucky and got my hands on a four pack, but the first store I checked had already sold out. The place i got it from thought they were sold out, but they had 4 singles hidden that I found.
  17. Jakers90

Jakers90 Member

There's more than 30 cases where I shop in lansing, oddly enough dbl crkd hasn't dropped yet. I was under the impression it was shipped at the same time.
  18. dblab33

dblab33 Member

It's disappearing in SE Michigan pretty fast. Considering it was hitting here last week, I am surprised it hasn't come through all of west Michigan yet...
  19. Zaphog

Zaphog Member

My local bottle shop here in Mid-Michigan got it in on Tuesday. They only received one case though. I picked up two 4 packs and one 4 pack of Double Crooked Tree.
  20. jacob4999

jacob4999 Member

Just picked up two 4-packs of the 5th and Double Crooked Tree at my shop in St Clair Shores but it's going fast!
  21. Khazadum

Khazadum Member

Shame this doesn't make it to Chicago. I'd love to get more of this beer.
  22. Holiday1072

Holiday1072 Member

If you're looking we are out at Holiday, but I spotted some the other night at GS market on Woodward in Royal Oak
  23. EricCioe

EricCioe Member

Got two bottles in trade earlier this week and cracked one tonight with the group. Delicious, just like last year.
  24. Mandark

Mandark Member

I remember seeing this at the Armanettis on Milwaukee in Niles last year, but not many other places.
    Khazadum likes this.
  25. Khazadum

Khazadum Member

Sweet information! I'll have to spread that around, see if I have a buddy who can keep tabs on it.
  26. gigaknight

gigaknight Member

I was gonna say, I've been a fairly regular drinker of Dark Horse for a while and have never seen this beer anywhere in the Chicago area or heard of anyone picking it up around here, but read about how good it is. Thank you for putting to rest my anxiety about not being able to find any, but also unthank you for crushing the spiritual beer can that is my soul.
  27. trginter

trginter Member

I wish my local distributor would get their shit together.
  28. Marti403

Marti403 Member

Picked some up at the brewery right at it's release. Glad I did because my local place charges way too much.
  29. EricCioe

EricCioe Member

Thanks again for sending those bottles out here. Our group had one yesterday and it was one of the highlights for sure. The other is hanging back for an all-MI tasting in April.
  30. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Member

Get your head in the game, Richard! Binnys got plenty last year, and so did WLV.
  31. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Member

It is quite possible our local distributor is still waiting on their allotment. It will be in and there will be plenty after all is said and done. It's not like we don't have enough beer available to keep us occupied until then.
    adamdd, ChadlyG and yeahnatenelson like this.
  32. trginter

trginter Member

lol...I know. We're pretty spoiled most of the time, between Drake's, Tiffany's, and Salute.

I used to work for a local distributor, so I know that most of time it's waiting on the brewery to get them the product. They want it on store shelves as soon as they receive it.
  33. Marti403

Marti403 Member

Any time!
  34. decadance

decadance Member

Considering who holds the Dark House account locally...I am not sure I blame the brewers. Worst Distributors in the area (whom I am keeping nameless).
    adamdd and raymo55 like this.
  35. trginter

trginter Member

Haha, I know what you mean.
  36. melspartystore

melspartystore Member

We have some left along with double crooked tree....
  37. adamdd

adamdd Member

I stopped at Darkhorse yesterday and according to the very nice (and extremely talkative) lady there, they shipped to the local distributor that will remain nameless sometime in the past two weeks. Even MegaBev in Marshall hasn't seen any, and Drake seemed pretty disappointed in said distributor about whatever the "issues" are with getting it out. I completely agree that we have plenty of other beer to occupy ourselves with in Kzoo, but I do wish two paws would get it together.
    trginter and decadance like this.
  38. trginter

trginter Member

I know this is a bit OT, but I didn't know there were any other Kalamazoo members here. Pretty cool.
  39. Hokenfloken

Hokenfloken Member

That is hilarious. Horrocks in Lansing has an entire pallet full of cases sitting in the aisle!
    hopspartan likes this.
  40. C2H5

C2H5 Member

How about the barrel aged stuff? When will they release that one? And is it a brewery only release?