1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Dark Horse Plead the 5th?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by raymo55, Feb 24, 2012.

1. DrDoitchbig

DrDoitchbig Savant (350) Michigan Jun 6, 2009

The past 2 years they've released Bourbon Barrel Plead the 5th at their 4 Elf Party in December. Thus far it's been a brewery only release, I would assume it'll continue to be but who knows what the future may hold.

C2H5 likes this.
  2. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

Just got an update from Drake's in Kzoo that they heard from Darkhorse that they won't get any for the next 1 to 2 weeks. I'm guessing that this goes for all other Kzoo/Battle Creek stores. Not sure if this was an update from the wonderful local distributor or from the brewery rep. Either way, it seems odd that all the other places in Michigan NOT served by a certain distributor have (or had) this in stock already. Coincidence? I think not.

3. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

I just saw that too....nice going Grand Rapids!

OK, I just spoke with someone from Dark Horse.

The only place Plead the 5th has been officially released so far is on the east side (don't ask me why). Anyone else who has it out (e.g. Grand Rapids) has released some sample cases, which has Dark Horse a little mad, and there will be some yelling.

Kalamazoo will be getting theirs "next week or the week after." The DH rep I spoke to wasn't certain on the exact date PPWD would get it in yet, but he's promised to keep us in the loop, and to make sure we get it as soon as possible.

Thanks for all the interest, and as always, we'll post on here the minute the stuff gets in the door.

4. trginter

trginter Savant (380) Michigan Dec 1, 2008

fuck it, i'll drive 20 minutes down the highway. Dark Horse sells 6/4-packs in house right?

5. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

The General Store at Darkhorse doesn't have any. They sold out two weeks ago according to the lady when I stopped in on Sunday. Save the gas.

trginter likes this.
  6. Riverwarrior

Riverwarrior Savant (265) Kentucky Nov 14, 2007

I will be in Columbus this weekend. Has "Plead the 5th" hit any stores around there yet?
    Thanks.