Dark Lord 2012

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by TapeDeck, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2011 Illinois

My guess is tents like XV, limited random bottles like 2011.

My presumption is that coolers, chairs, grills etc are not allowed on the premises, but that, like XV, it won't be a problem, if you're going to throw things into your car before the gates open.

This would be a good time to start IP trades.

2. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

our leader has spoken, those of you that I have already set up trades with, I apologize. They are no longer valid, will have to try to make a new one. Whats next?

3. TapeDeck

I just thought it would be cool to start a thread that might not die for rules or relevance. I'll go cry in my corner now.

4. nrbw23

nrbw23 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

This will be the first DLD I've missed in a long while damn weddings.

5. RTrain12

RTrain12 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2010 Illinois

Atleast you didn't get shut out to internet problems!

6. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

I'm going to be bringing some tasty brews from the cellar. I'll gladly share a pour with any BA out there

:wub:

7. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

What is an Dark Lord?

8. Askchucky

Askchucky Zealot (504) May 2, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Got my tix at the pub yesterday, although is becoming a hassle I still enjoy meeting and hanging with people at these events. I hope to do some trading and tasting, will probably post my list as we get closer.

9. AlexHouston

AlexHouston Crusader (414) May 19, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

I took off work for this one, so I'm definitely down to get there early and bring something to a potluck. Even though there was so much hooplah and panicking from people about tickets, it seems like those who wanted tickets got/will get them in some way, so it should work out for everyone. I'm glad I got them, but I wouldn't have pissed and moaned if I haven't. Way too many good bottles out there to feel jaded about it.

10. MaxSpang

Trader

Anyone else staying at the Hampton?

11. MarkIntihar

Probably. Last year there was some excellent bottle sharing on Friday night at the Hampton.

12. biglobo8971

the better one was Saturday, Friday was good, dont get me wrong. But there were several top bottles cracked downstairs Saturday while watch drunkards stumble in, into each other, dropping bottles, etc. It was really funny watching people who shouldnt be hot tubbing/pooling it try to convince other people to do it. Classic.

13. MaxSpang

Trader

Gah I can't wait. I booked a room way back in January in anticipation.

14. MarkIntihar

Sounds awesome, I definitely missed out on the Saturday night tomfoolery.

15. MaxSpang

Trader

How does it usually go down? Do people just hang out in the lobby or is the banquet room open?

16. Wseitz

Wseitz Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2010 Illinois

Let the record show that my friend only dropped and broke a glass, not a bottle. Fortunately, the authorities were right on top of it. And the only one of us who was really drunk never made it down from the room for that part.

We have a couple rooms reserved at the Hampton for this year, but so far we're still two tickets short.

17. biglobo8971

hope you dont think I was signalling any one out, there were several bottles dropped that night.

18. TapeDeck

I will be getting several lbs of Bier Stix from Ream's in Elburn, for anyone who wants meat candy to snack on.

We're bringing some of every beer in rotation at Russian River, Good People IPA and DIPA, a bunch of homebrew, and then our group is bringing a whole bunch of random rare-to-whales to share. We will pour indescriminately, whether you bring bottles to share, or not. Just ask. This will be a good time. We're still on the fence about bringing a grill and packing it up an hour or two before gates open.

19. MaxSpang

Trader

This is exactly how I'm going to be. Empty glass? Stick it in front of me, it'll be filled free of charge.

Trying to stock up on beer karma points. Beer karma exists, fellas.

20. biglobo8971

will be doing a lot of the same, would love to share. I wont be hard to notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.