1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Dark Lord 2012

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by TapeDeck, Mar 19, 2012.

1. dlello2

dlello2 Savant (360) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

Thought I'd post the tap list that was given to us when we (finally) got into the pub at around 2pm...

[​IMG]
    EDIT: Guess you have to right click and open the pic in a new tab to see it full sized...

aefbjo likes this.
  2. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (605) California Oct 17, 2010

it sounds like they were watching their stuff and got their stuff stolen. straight thieves were out prowling. its the reason i stay out of the shitty part of town, i didnt think a beer event would be a place for thieves, its disheartening.

3. rt1976

rt1976 Aficionado (180) Indiana Apr 29, 2009

every place with a crowd is a place for thieves....someone tried picking my wallet at the XV party during the Melvins show....i felt the hand go in my pocket and instantly grabbed his wrist but he wormed out and got away...

4. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

I figure if there's beer karma, maybe there's "Like" karma as well.

5. My buddies and me had some dudes come and sit at our table while one guy talked to us the other guy started putting bottles in his backpack. We caught the fuckers but realized they did make off with one bottle of DL. Luckily we happened to also get pictures of these assholes, so if anyone knows them please tell them to get fucked and punch them in their faces for us. The guys are the one pointing at the camera and the one at the bottom right of the picture who looks like he's sitting down.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/jasonrorie/cec102bf.jpg

6. rt1976

rt1976 Aficionado (180) Indiana Apr 29, 2009

with all the police at this event....why not report them?

7. normyk

normyk Savant (260) Ohio Dec 10, 2007

Ya know what? Maybe it's the beer talking, but next year? Honey Pot. Tagged bottles.
    Trap these jackholes and sick the cops on 'em.
    Police our own.
    Make sure that those who would fuck with our fun know: fuck with us? We'll fuck back. And it's you vs 6000. We fuckin win.

Sorry for the language.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  8. Beezee

Beezee Savant (310) Illinois Jan 29, 2010

I remember those guys. Those dudes said they were from Indiana but that's all I remember. I was Grocery aka beergoggles wingman -I most probably talked to you.

9. That certainly seems logical now... lol

10. Yeah we definitely spoke, I was the guy in the cardinals hoodie, beard and glasses.

11. That's actually a really good idea. Get a few dozen custom stickers to put on the bottom of your group's bottles when you get them. That way if we had gotten the police involved we could have proven that they were really our bottles.

12. Beezee

Beezee Savant (310) Illinois Jan 29, 2010

All you STL dudes and the GBS dudes are my kind of people. Jim and I didn't experience any drama and you guys had a nice little spot going there.

13. Aside from those two dudes everything else was perfect. we had a really generous, chill group over there. Got to try some super nice stuff. You live in STL of are one of Jim's buddies from out of town?

Ha, nevermind, I just realized that I can see where you are from by clicking your screen name...