1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Dark Lord Day 2012 Rule Changes

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Lansman, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well think about it this way... There are 6000 tickets. Let's assume the worst, and cuart that number in half (anticipating everyone trying to buy 2 tickets at once, instead of 1 at a time). That means there are 3000 unique people (or less, i.e.: me) that can purchase tickets. That means, in order for someone to get tickets, they need a connection that is at least as good as the top 2999 people who are trying to purchase tickets. In my case, I simply need to have a connection on two computers, both which are better than the top 2998 people. I also need to have very fast fingers, but that's not an issue. :D

Given that, I'd say Dark Lord tickets are relatively simple to get. Just takes the right kind of equipment.
  2. weatherdog

weatherdog Savant (470) Illinois Nov 7, 2007

In theory you are correct...in practice you are very very wrong.
  3. I'm gonna Moneyball the ticket sales.
  4. The Oakland Athletics are going to win them for you???
  5. drewba

drewba Savant (365) Illinois Nov 14, 2009

No, idiot. Brad Pitt & Jonah Hill are going to get him tickets.
    Treebs and yeahnatenelson like this.
  6. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Seems so simple. My bet is you haven't tried before. I have very, very good equipment and was still shut out last year....oddly while on the phone with someone with crap equipment that was getting through at exact moment I was not.
  7. My bet is you don't have my equipment. Good luck acquiring your tickets, Sir!
    sacrelicio likes this.
  8. MordorMongo

Yeah, you are right, impossible I could have anything as hi-tech as you have in your dorm. My bad.
    kiwifuz, stxSS07 and CWBlues like this.
  9. Who said anything about me using a petty dorm wi-fi?
    sacrelicio likes this.
  10. DavidEddie

DavidEddie Savant (280) Illinois Jul 12, 2006

Your so awesome. I want to be like you when I grow up.
  11. MordorMongo

Only you are comparing your equipment to anyone else and making tremendous assumptions. I know what I have and what connection I have and can tell you for a fact it matters little. You took it upon yourself to bet I don't have your equipment so I took it upon myself to point out that you are correct and I cannot possibly touch your awesomeness.
  12. Well, it seems I've been put in my place. I suppose we all have an absolutely equal chance to acquire tickets to Dark Lord. With that said, my preparations will be great, and I hope they pay off.
    sacrelicio likes this.
  13. drewba

drewba Savant (365) Illinois Nov 14, 2009

Based on your replies in this thread and your ISOFT, I can only conclude one or all of the following is true;
    1. You're 12
    2. You're an excellent troll.
    3. You're being intentionally oblivious.

Last year, the DLD Ticket thread was hundreds of replies long, filled with people that were shut out from getting tickets. I'm willing to bet none of it had to do with equipment, rather thousands of people creating so much traffic that your chances at acquiring DLD tickets are at best, a crapshoot.
  14. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

You're pretty abrasive for a new member on here who's first posts involve selling DLD tickets and using your friends as DL mules.
  15. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Fact: last year I landed tickets without issue on a 1GB Acer netbook.

My computer geek friend was shut out.
    mnbearsfan likes this.
  16. weatherdog

weatherdog Savant (470) Illinois Nov 7, 2007

In 2010, granted not as bad as 2011, I ended up buying tickets on a crappy smartphone. I actually felt bad that people got shut out on actual computers.
  17. It appears as if we all should attempt to use the worst connection possible, they seem to be the only ones who get tickets... Or perhaps since they're astounded that they got tickets, given they had bad purchasing circumstances, they are the only ones who speak up. 3000 is a big number.
  18. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

It wasn't my shitty Acer. Although, I no longer have any use for a machine capable of hiding behind like, 7 proxies.
    drewba likes this.
  19. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2012

BeerGeeks created this great beer pilgrimage of the last 6 to 8 years... so go drink your Miller lite and piss off.
  20. jeebus23

jeebus23 Aficionado (155) Illinois Mar 19, 2010

I am really not looking forward to Saturday. Wish they would go back to releasing tickets at like 4 am or whatever time it was the first year.
  21. seriously ? read the post again mr. sith lord, uhm, i'm on your team. i was referring back to plinythefarter's silly initial rant which included his statement about hating beeK geeks. get it now ? sheesh. not as funny if you have to explain it.

cheers
  22. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

hai guys I already ordered 12 tickets by haxing the systems, I'll sell each ticket for $100.
    djmichaelk likes this.
  23. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Aficionado (240) Illinois Mar 31, 2011

I'm going to get a ticket. I'm going to get it on time like a winner, or I'm going to Stubhub for it like a loser. But I'm going to get a ticket. I like this beer, and I like this event.
  24. awdturboiv

awdturboiv Advocate (510) Indiana May 24, 2008

I have been going to DLD since its inception. Yes, the ticket sales system is horrible now but local authority pressure warranted it. It was much better when the random 2AM Tweet announced ticket sales. From '08 to '09 the attendance went from 4-5K to almost 10K. This was unprecedented and a complete nightmare for most people.
    Luckily I live 2 minutes from the brewery and I have never had a problem securing a spot in line...6 AM arrival usually. I have been fortunate to secure tickets to the last 2 DLDs and the XV party.
    Things have changed, this is true. What is definately better is the "session" system. I can almost guarantee you will not wait longer than an hour to buy DL once in line, except maybe for the first session.
    You can still "party" at your parking spot, but I recommend getting there early...spots are limited and quite pricy...$25 and up. All parking is on adjacent private property and "tailgating" is up to the owner's discretion. Bottom line...it is just not what it used to be. This is not FFF fault by any means, Munster Police are rough, and by rights! Too many drunken idoits ruined it for the rest of us.
    Good luck Sat...it is only about the beer now, and MAYBE the bands...if metal is your thing.
  25. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

I'm so glad I went in 2007. An event like that will never happern at FFF again.
  26. MNPikey

MNPikey Savant (475) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Connection speed means nothing unless you are comparing to someone with dial-up or slow DSL. You're limited by the speed of the site itself....

I have very high end PC and it means nothing for ability to connect to the internet. I7 980x, EVGA Classified, 12GB Corsair Dominator GT, 2x EVGA 580SLI, Corsair AX1200, etc....

27. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Locking this one down. Got tired of cleaning up all of the nonsense and trolling. Some of you have been warned for your posts. Let's play nice kids. Thanks.
    Microbrewtaster and quilty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.