1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Dark Lord Day eve - Hampton in Munster

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by MaxSpang, Apr 15, 2012.

1. dlello2

dlello2 Savant (370) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

Friday was awesome. Cheers to max (maxspang) and gang for opening up a spot on their floor for me Friday night. I had a great time hanging out with you this weekend. Also to jips and mdunk as always, to injuredreserve for hooking me up with that hunahpu snifter, elkhunter for the ten fidy, and jesus so many more cool people. It was an awesome first DLD!

Here are a couple of phone videos from the conference room on Friday.

...words might have been starting to slur here at the end...

...I offer some non-sensical commentary here... haha confirms that I should really just not talk during these beer videos!

...and more

Started at 7pm, think this was when I took my leave

I'll post some videos of DLD on that thread too.

pschul4, zchall23, richkrull and 3 others like this.
  2. brycevolk

brycevolk Savant (410) Ohio Sep 28, 2009

That would have been me. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would try it. I even had a sip of it. ...damn!! That is not beer, it's hot sauce!

This bottle share was epic! Thanks to everyone. I can't wait for next year!!

3. richardflyr

richardflyr Savant (400) Virginia Jul 28, 2009

Thanks for bringing it. It was certainly one of the more memorable beers I tried. Especially because immediately after trying it, I poured a healthy sample for my younger brother.

zchall23 and brycevolk like this.
  4. zchall23

zchall23 Savant (260) Texas Dec 19, 2009

I suppose we now know who the true animal is.

brycevolk likes this.
  5. One of the guys in my group got a healthy pour of that beer and made sure we all tried it without warning us what it was. I have to say that the nose on that beer was extremely deceptive. At least Ghost Face Killah (which isn't even close to this beer in hotness) burns your nostrils to warn you of what's coming. The small sip I had was way more than enough. Curious though, do you have more bottles? As we've told other people about that beer there are a few who'd like to try it.

Fun tasting. I didn't meet a whole lot of people, but everyone that I did was really cool. What a weekend...

6. brycevolk

brycevolk Savant (410) Ohio Sep 28, 2009

I don't have any other bottles of it, but I'm pretty sure the place where I bought it still has a few. Everyone is scared of it, so it doesn't exactly fly off the shelves! PM me, and we can figure out how I can get you a bottle.

7. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Advocate (515) Ohio Jan 28, 2011

Wonder why they are scared of it... haha. I think I may have grabbed your bottle and tried to troll convince people into trying it. Sorry bout that, everyone! But I must admit the faces that were made when people tried it were hilarious.

zchall23, brycevolk and pschul4 like this.
  8. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

That "thing" (beer?) had our friend hiccuping for at least an hour...poor fool.

zchall23, brycevolk and pschul4 like this.
  9. This was a hell of a time! Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

10. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Advocate (515) Ohio Jan 28, 2011

As promised, here's a little video I threw together that covered the night. Including my friend David trying the infamous Ghost Scorpion!

zchall23 and brycevolk like this.