1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Dark Lord Day Eve Tasting - Hampton Inn

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by MarkIntihar, Mar 18, 2013.

1. fredmugs

fredmugs Member

I'm going to do everything I can to attend. The KBS bottle share party was too much fun to miss out on this.
  2. Citrafiend

Citrafiend Member

Just got a room for Friday and Sat, call the front desk and see if they have any openings. I found one on fri, called the front desk and got sat.
  3. ridglens

ridglens Member

Sounds like a lot of people are going to be there, this is going to be great!!
  4. beachstrength49

beachstrength49 Member

One more week fellas!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing some beers as well. If there are any last minute request for So Cal beers that someone wants to try let me know and I'll try and track it down to bring along with me.
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  5. jegross2

jegross2 Member

Can't wait to ruin it for every! See you guys Friday.
    wsnich and JakeT469 like this.
  6. JakeT469

JakeT469 Member

You disrespectful bastard!!
  7. Benny3000

Benny3000 Member

I plan on bringing a couple growlers of Frangelic Mountain Brown that have been aging in my heated garage for about a year. They are drinking very nice right now.
    Jkoeneman likes this.
  8. crossovert

crossovert Member

Brandon im still iso a floor spot if you got one, or ill just figure out day of.
  9. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Member

10. jegross2

jegross2 Member

Joke as you might, FMB is drinking EXCELLENTLY now. Anyone with a bottle that doesnt want it is free to hit me up.
  11. MarkLaFay

MarkLaFay Member

I just saw this and I am IN!
  12. MarkLaFay

MarkLaFay Member

Is there any sort of bottle list anywhere?
  13. cfh64

cfh64 Member

I know this is lame but not that I've seen. Just wanted to answer your question. I didn't mean lame because there isn't a bottle list, I think most people like the element of surprise. For instance, if I said I was bringing beer XYZ or someone I knew was bringing Double Black but didn't know it then they could potentially be hounded or not. So I think most people just keep it somewhat of a mystery but I don't know a thing, never been.
  14. ridglens

ridglens Member

There will be far too many bottles to list, i think you can probably bank on seeing most of the "usual suspects" with a few awesome gems as well. If there is something cool you want to try, I think it's reasonable to let us know in case someone is considering it!
    cfh64 likes this.
  15. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Member

MarkIntihar likes this.
  16. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Member

17. injuredreserve

injuredreserve Member

Anyone want to do an IP trade at Hampton, please BM me.

FT:
    TG Assassin, Attempted RedRum, CW 15, 2013 Hunahpu, BBA Big Sound, Moat Water, Abacus B1(not Sucaba), 3F Golden Blend, Seizoen Bretta, 2009 Boon Geuze Mariage Parfait.

ISO:
    Bramble, BA 9K, King Henry, Cherry BCBS, BB Monster 29, BA Abraxas

Thanks,
  18. jegross2

jegross2 Member

Doesn't help on trading end, but I'll have a BA Abraxas and Bramble there to open
  19. pjeagles

pjeagles Member

Look forward to this annual tasting just as much as DLD just because I get to meet up with and talk to so many awesome BAs again. Never look forward to getting up for DLD as I always have a killer hangover. The Hampton is a very nice hotel and the staff puts up with us every year but I swear they must turn down the oxygen in the rooms. I will show up with plenty of La Cumbre Elevated IPA to share (wanted to get one of those t-shirt launchers they use at sporting events so I could just send cans of Elevated around the room to everyone but was talked out of it) and some TBD bottles. Been doing this tasting since it was just a group huddled around a four-top table and love what it has become. Can't wait to drink with you all again.
    redblacks75, ridglens, GHB and 5 others like this.
  20. kodt

kodt Member

How do you guys do it? 5+ hours drinking rare BA beers and then drinking all day at DLD? I would feel like shit and end up skipping DLD I feel.
  21. redblacks75

redblacks75 Member

Like all successful marathoners, I train year round.
    IronMickey, raymo55, powz87 and 7 others like this.
  22. clintonpuckett

clintonpuckett Member

Small Pours = Big Fun
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  23. MarkLaFay

MarkLaFay Member

Stretching.
    redblacks75 likes this.
  24. ridglens

ridglens Member

You just refuse to lose....

and you drink your rinse water and eat (don't forget to eat.... fo real).
    jebsinger likes this.
  25. fredmugs

fredmugs Member

On the one hand I agree with you. On the other hand........

At the KBS bottle share party somebody said they were bringing a 2010 Abyss. I had a 2012 so I offered to bring mine. Then somebody said they had a 2011 and maybe could get a 2009. At the party we had a 2008 - 2012 vertical not to mention a 2009 - 12 Dark Lord. Without that list that would not have happened.
    cfh64 likes this.
  26. fredmugs

fredmugs Member

The surprise was the Pipeworks intern who busted out a shitload of beers.
    jebsinger likes this.
  27. fredmugs

fredmugs Member

My designated driver (aka daughter) can't come. If anyone has a DD or some car pool idea from the hotel to FFF I wouldn't mind getting in on that. Friday night I'm staying in Chicago and can get down there whenever. What is everyone else who is staying at the Courtyard/Fairfield doing?
  28. xtrastoutalex

xtrastoutalex Member

Excited for DLD. Might have to stop by with a sea mammal or two and introduce myself.
    MarkIntihar and redblacks75 like this.
  29. drolkrad

drolkrad Member

I live 15 min from FFF, but I want to get a room just to come drink at this party.
  30. clintonpuckett

clintonpuckett Member

Do it!!!
  31. JakeT469

JakeT469 Member

I'm an alcoholic so that helps.
    MaxSpang and powz87 like this.
  32. Corbet

Corbet Member

People not staying at the Hampton are welcome to swing by, correct? Last minute change of plans means we are staying at the Magnuson Hotel about 10 minutes away and we were thinking about stopping by for a bit.
  33. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Member

Sure, just so long as it doesn't get out of control.
  34. cfh64

cfh64 Member

Control? Isn't that the opposite of DLD?
  35. ridglens

ridglens Member

spoiler alert: i'm packing beers tonight, a pic or two might make it here if anyone's interested!

Cheers, 2 days guys!
    Corbet, CanisMajor, cfh64 and 3 others like this.
  36. ridglens

ridglens Member

It's probably not worth it... i don't think anybody is even bringing anything good from what i hear. So yeah, come by if you want some 6 month old Upland wheat and a growler pour of Sierra Nevada Pale....

Seriously, nothing to see here ;)
  37. jrcmlc

jrcmlc Member

We've got a room at hampton for friday, gonna do the share for sure. It'll me and jeffh97... hung out with lots of you guys before...looking forward to the full-monty with the hampton instead of just all day at dld. (doing that too lol).

Not sure what I'll bring, but it'll be tasty.

Joe
    Homershags likes this.
  38. TheBronze

TheBronze Member

my first Dark Lord Day coming up! Looking forward to the Hampton on Friday to get things kicked off.
  39. jegross2

jegross2 Member

Just finished going thru the cellar to pull out my DLD beer. see you ladies and gents in 48 hours

[​IMG]