Darkness @ Heritage Liquors

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by PlethoraOfPalette, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Just figured I'd let anyone know who is looking. They got in like 5 cases of 2012 yesterday. Apparently it was supposed to go to Chicago but they decided to not ship it there and send it to local shops instead. Hopefully somebody finds this useful.

gatornation and Chaz like this.
  2. and it will probably be gone soon now.

Revenant likes this.
  3. Isn't the point of this site to share beer information? I'll never understand the "don't tell anyone it's MINE" nature behind most craft beer drinkers. It's beer, people. It's for sharing and drinking. Relax.

4. Chaz

Chaz Champion (845) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

I'd heard that a couple of cases got out to some other local retailers, so this is probably a good thread in which to share that info... ;)

5. Revenant

Revenant Savant (350) Minnesota Aug 8, 2012

Have at it, folks. I've gone through my allotment save for one bottle which I plan on cellaring until late 2014. I'm kind of burnt out on Stouts for the time being.

6. Revenant

Revenant Savant (350) Minnesota Aug 8, 2012

I thought the point of this site was to lie and brag about your latest haul, most expensive purchase and how many beers you have ticked?

feloniousmonk and minnesotaryan like this.
  7. Otis32

Otis32 Aficionado (155) Minnesota Jan 1, 2011

Got mine about 11:30. Have not stopped in at Heritage in weeks and what do I see as I walk in the door?

Maybe I should by a lottery ticket today.

8. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Soothe the pain once its gone and grab two four pks of Founders IS for about the same price. I havent had the 2012 vintage Darkness, but the Founders is one of the best stouts I can recall tasting.

hardy008 and psychotia like this.
  9. wuuin

wuuin Aficionado (185) Minnesota May 16, 2007

founders > darkness, imo.

10. will1256

will1256 Savant (390) Minnesota Dec 4, 2010

Saw one bottle at MGM Calhoun this afternoon. They also had some FIS, which I agree is better (blasphemy!), and two lonely bottles of 2012 BCBS...

11. theCoder

theCoder Savant (340) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

2012 Darkness blew my mind. This is the first year I'm keeping all mine from Darkness Day. Its so good fresh this year. My buddy just got back from Heritage and got 2 so they still ahve some.

12. but I wanted to get some and haven't had a chance. oh well, more money to go towards other beers.

KWMiles likes this.
  13. need some more 2012 its funny ive got 2010 and 2011 in the cellar but i drank all my 2012

14. jimsta

jimsta Zealot (80) Minnesota Jan 20, 2007

Just got back from Heritage, they still had a pretty healthy amount of Darkness left. $19.99 - 2 bottle limit. I hadn't read this thread (just stopped in there to get some Sucks) and my eyes about rolled out of my head when I saw it just sitting out in the open. Nice surprise indeed.

15. Saw some for $21 today and passed. It's a great beer but not a $21 great beer. 4 pack of black note or a darkness? Same price. I would love to see them price it more in line with worthy adversary.

16. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (425) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

20 bucks for 25 oz of a beer I loved this year!

Wait, I can get this on tap for $7/12 oz pour...what to do, what to do...

KWMiles and mothman like this.
  17. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Falls Liquors in South MPLS also got a few cases today.

18. $16 for bells expo 6pk.... hmmmm

olympuszymurgus and incutrav like this.
  19. MPLSbrewer

MPLSbrewer Savant (250) Minnesota Dec 7, 2010

south lyndale

20. Lyndale Liquors got Darkness 2day Black note 2morroow and hopslam on Monday

21. I wish they'd send more darkness down here to the Roch

CK21 likes this.
  22. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (515) Missouri May 11, 2012

So how bout one of you guys pick some up for me and I send you some stuff from StL???

23. chrisp450

chrisp450 Savant (300) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

Can you get a BA abraxas? If so BM me and I've got you!

24. elshaggy

elshaggy Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jul 12, 2009

fix'd

(Sorry to one up you but, ...)There will be Darkness pints for $8 at the White Horse in St Cloud This Saturday. Along with 9 other Surly beers.

KWMiles and minnesotaryan like this.
  25. Chaz

Chaz Champion (845) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

But will those be proper Imperial Pints or American "Cheater Pints"? ;)

26. accordselux

accordselux Savant (310) Minnesota Nov 26, 2007

LOL I seriously got a $3 pint of Darkness in November. A local beer happy hour special...

27. tharreld

tharreld Initiate (0) Montana May 7, 2010

I stopped at a store and asked about Black note. It was gone in 20 minutes. We chatted a bit and he said I have some Darkness if your interested. What the hell... I got another bootle of darkness.

28. thank you. and actually it is good to save money, about to buy a house, apparently houses are expensive.

29. accordselux

accordselux Savant (310) Minnesota Nov 26, 2007

Yea, I might need to get RID of some beer to deal with the house thingy. Priorities, man.

30. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Not according to the people who answered the phone at Falls.

Have a non-beer friend who really wants a bottle & lives a couple blocks away. They acted like calling about Darkness was about the craziest thing they'd ever heard.

31. yamar68

Well I get a text message from them anytime they get in a limited release:

"just got a surprise delivery of Darkness from surly only 3 cases. get some."

Then I got some. Maybe they sold out that quick...? I don't know what to tell you.

KWMiles likes this.
  32. will1256

I know what you mean, it took all my willpower to drive past Haskell's on my way home and not stop to see if they still had any Black Note. I seem to be buying a lot less beer and a lot more diapers these days...

33. maximum12

Well - it wouldn't be the first ill-informed employee I've talked to in a liquor store. But second-hand I heard there was some attitude behind the denial.

34. will1256

I can help with that...i assume you mean one sip at a time...

35. yamar68

We're talking about the liquor store on Minnehaha and 46th/Ford right?

36. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Ryan is pretty much the epitome of an advocate. Give the guy a break.

37. maximum12

Yup. We drive by it on the way to their house all the time...never actually been in the place.

So it was either a change of shift & the person didn't know it'd come in or someone was being a jackass. Being an optimist, I'll go with the former.

38. yamar68

Well either way, stop in the next time you're over there and ask to sign up for their craft beer texting thing... it's pretty rad, they've hooked me up with Darkness, Black Note, Black Ops... a bunch of stuff.

maximum12 likes this.
  39. I picked up a bottle at Falls Liquore a bit after 5:00 on Thursday. They hadn't quite made it through their first case. Their credit card machine went down right before I checked out and things were a bit chaotic. Maybe that was a factor in the misinformation. It is a nice little store that is slightly off the radar. I guess now that it is being discussed here it may be on everyone's radar sooner than later. Either way, it's worth dropping in. The prices seem pretty fair, too.

40. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Savant (340) Minnesota Jul 15, 2008

The people there are very nice and the prices are consistently great. They often have really cheap glasses as well. It's one of my favorite places to stop.