1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Daytona ?'s

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by DeschutesNut, Mar 30, 2012.

1. The wife and I are heading down to Daytona Beach and was wondering if I can get any insight on the beer scene there. Whats the best beer bars. What type of breweries are on tap? Any good beer stores? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

McK's on Beach St. has around 60 taps from all over. There's a small bottle shop next door that prices everything by the bottle. 10% off if you buy at least 6, but it's still a bad deal to pick up a 6pk of any one beer. Decent if you like picking up 1-2 each of a bunch of stuff. They have decent Cigar City representation, which is why I went there. Also found a few older things, like SN 30th Fritz & Ken stout (spring 2010 release) this past December.

There's also a World of Beer just south in Port Orange. Haven't been there myself, but it is a bar (no food) chain in the SE that has a decent rep.

3. smokinoak

smokinoak Aficionado (165) Florida Oct 21, 2011

Like ewright has mentioned above.There's also Dunderbaks in the Volusia mall out by the speedway,they are a German style deli with a good selection of beers and wine.They have a sister store on the beachside in Daytona Beach Shores called The Festhaus,(watch out for the cops there if you drink to much).There is also House 4 Beer in Port Orange that is also like World of Beer but are located in a food area that will bring food to the bar for you.And here is a link to others in the area.http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/list?city=Daytona Beach&c_id=US&s_id=FL Mike

4. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

I'll give a shout out to Mr. D's. They had 2 week old Jai Alai IPA when I was there in December.

5. smokinoak

smokinoak Aficionado (165) Florida Oct 21, 2011

Just found out that McKs just tapped some CCB Jai Alai IPA. Heading over there now :)

6. McK's is the place we went to several times last year during bike week....good food, good drafts, and a bottle shop.