1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

DB Huna Help

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by BobCobb, Feb 14, 2014.

1. BobCobb

BobCobb Member

I posted an ISO, but I haven't been tracking this at all and so was hoping to get some thoughts. Just want to be fair (mainly curious on beers higher up on the list). FT list below. Thanks.

DDG b2
    Bourbon Damon
    Backyard
    Cherry Rye
    Birth of Tragedy '12
    Darkness
    BA Framinghammer (Coffee, Vanilla, Regular)
    Golden Blend
  2. BigGene

BigGene Member

DB Huna is going well, I traded my 2 for a Rare and BCBVS 2:2.
  3. DaGio

DaGio Member

Rare 1:1 here. Good luck OP, if I had another for trade, I'd be tempted be a combo of your FTs.
  4. Bartos

Bartos Member

I think you can get it done with a combo...based on the two trades that I've done.
  5. chardlogic

chardlogic Member

Did one of mine 1:1 with Wineification. Offers of Hommage, KBE, and 50N4E were also offered up.
  6. Bartos

Bartos Member

I was offered Wineification + BT for my DB Huna before they announced the second bottle per club member. I turned it down because I had accepted a deal for Grey Monday+Black Tuesday+Mocha Wednesday+Chocolate Rain for DB Huna.

The trader was nice enough to still honor the deal even after they announced the second bottle allotment so I ended up sending him a 6 bottle shipper with DB Huna, Lacto Guava Grove, Humidor Smoked Imperial Stout, Southern Slice, and extras.
    markgugs and da_bulls like this.
  7. smartassboiler

smartassboiler Member

I traded one of my extras for DDG + Prop, and I tossed a Lacto Guava and a 2011 BCBS in as extras.

I talked to another trader, and he received BA Kopi, BASS, Beat, and extras for his.

Both trades were after the 2nd bottle was announced.
    sandman3479 likes this.
  8. thaghost

thaghost Member

evidently your first born...or whalez sperm if you got it...
  9. Lasering

Lasering Member

I traded 1:1 for vanilla eclipse.
  10. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Member

I'm keeping mine for personal consumption. Yea, I guess I'm the guy who likes to still drink his beers
  11. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Member

What is this "drinking" you speak of? You mean admiring? Collecting? I am confused.... ;)
    evilcatfish likes this.
  12. chardlogic

chardlogic Member

Many FL traders are banking on getting to try it at Huna Day, myself included.
  13. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Member

Good point
  14. Bartos

Bartos Member

It's already been on tap in the tasting room twice so I don't feel bad about trading one away for beers that I'd never be able to try otherwise.

Same thing happened with the Brandy Hunahpus, I had it on draft a number of times so it made it easier to trade away
  15. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 Member

In addition to the 250 cases that went to Catador members, anybody know how many more cases are being sold today?
  16. BobCobb

BobCobb Member

Tough to see this with a set trade to ship this week, but that's the name of the name of the game. I wouldn't want to give more if it had a sudden spike in value due to lower than expected count, e.g.
  17. jermy

jermy Member

I threw out an ISO today too. Prob not going to get any bites but w 12 bottle limit , im not coming off anything too big for it
  18. DooshBagalow

DooshBagalow Member

I saw your post. I still have the 'Post New Thread' window open on my phone from yesterday where I was like 'fuck it, I'm just going to offer up this combo and it should finally get done', involving 2013 Behemoth, 2013 BA Behemoth, and a 2014. I almost posted it this morning before hearing the news, not that I think it will really drop the trade value that much.

I guess my trade concern is why no one wanted to go 1:1 with Coffee Abraxas (~300-count release) or BA Fantastic Voyage (348-count release). Especially the latter. Like DB Huna, it's a one-off BA that can never be replicated, as they aged the first batch (uninfected) from 2012 into two types of barrels and blended for bottling while adding more toasted coconut for flavor.
  19. Rotero24

Rotero24 Member

I feel ya! I also just completed a trade for DB Huna..
  20. LiquidCourage

LiquidCourage Member

DB Hunaphu went on sale today along with regular Hunaphu? Is that correct?
  21. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Member

I heard that they were selling DB Hunah to non Catador members at a 1 case per person limit. Can't verify this, this is just what I heard. Can anyone that was in attendance verify this?
  22. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Member

I know lots of people who were there and they said this was the case. I keep getting more and more happy I didn't waste my money on the membership and gave it up to someone else. To the silly homers who gave me shit for being apprehensive about signing up for El Catador it looks like I was right. :D
  23. Lasering

Lasering Member

Yes they sold around 70 cases of db huna today with a case limit but you had to be there early. They actually sold every el Catador beer today.
  24. nrs207

nrs207 Member

I understand some people got cases, but is the ISO:FT real life right now? This is the craziest I've ever seen it.
  25. alefish

alefish Member

That's because CCB did something unpecedented. That is they offered, arguably, their best beer ever to the public at a rate that no beer has ever been offered. One to El Cat then another to El Cat and then a whole case to 70 people. This has never happened in the history of craft beer so some crazy stuff is going on.

However, anyone that thinks that ANYONE that got a case of DB Huna today would trade for any of the stuff that is being traded is asking for a mercy trade. It's not like someone with DB Huna doesn't have beer in their cellar to land BA Framinghammer variants or Noir. They won't have to trade DB Huna for any of that. Chances are that the trade value will skyrocket for a while because 70 people just got Huna for the first time or just got more.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  26. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 Member

I got 3x done for Hommage pretty quickly. I'm not saying DB Hunahpu has been vastly devalued now (nor should it be, still not a huge bottle count), but the people who got cases are mostly traders, so that is what it is.

Frankly, DB Huna should at a minimum just fall back to earth at this point. When you look at objective factors (which several Catador members have gotten very frustrated with me for), you're talking about several thousand bottles, $25, and at least 2 bottles per person. Or maybe 14 bottles. Or 26.
  27. Stevedore

Stevedore Member

Wow. What the hell? I click on ISO:FT and all I see is DB Huna. Sucks for the El Cat members who have trustees in FL and didn't go to Huna Day.
  28. nrs207

nrs207 Member

Like me! Lol. But that's fine. 2 bottles should suffice. The Alchemist release and some HF Norma helps ease the pain.

@drummermattie02 that's for Hommage, though. And only 70 people max on earth could do that trade unless they had multiple El Catador memberships. So yeah, some of them will trade them in quantity for legit whales, but some of the ISO:FT board is just stupid and people hoping to win big assuming someone with a case is just trying to give incredible beer away.
  29. LiquidCourage

LiquidCourage Member

Not true. I landed a Prop for 3 BA Framminghammers. It just takes the right person. The other option is to just go over $4$ i.e. 4-5 BA Framminghammers.

People who got a case of them value them much differently than people who only got 1 or 2. Not everyone who gets DB Huna is looking to flip them for rare beers.
  30. jrnyc

jrnyc Member

I wasn't at the release yesterday and don't trade beers like that, but reading the thread on the day and the madness on the trade forums is quite depressing. Seems like the days of people trading regular beer are long gone. I hate to say it, but the trading game helps fuel the madness that happened yesterday.

Trade forum now is like buying and selling stocks, people trying to maximize every last drop of beer they have.
    Siggy125, franklinn and CarolinaKevin like this.
  31. jimpdx

jimpdx Member

Well I wasn't aware of what was happening until they announced the special bottle line, and I was already 8th in line. Didn't buy it to trade but to drink - 6db Huna plus 3ea Good Gourd Almighty and Forbidden Island ($300). The ATM ran out of cash and I needed the rest of my money for my regular Huna allotment, which I only today realize I was also fortunate to get (early). I could probably part with one DB but I can't imagine what I would be in search of.
    dazedandconfused likes this.
  32. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Member

I don't usually do this - it always seems like people are putting out "feelers" when they ask for trade guidance - but would Upright's Jeux D'eau (or maybe Jeux D'eau + some kinda limited Upright beers) be a fair offer for DB Huna or am I way out of the ballpark? I know that to some degree it depends upon the person on the DB side of the trades tastes ... I have some other PNW goods (De Garde Loak or Morning Star, Peche n' Brett, Bottleworks 15, etc) if those are better ammo, but I'm hoping to get it done with Jeux or Jeux+.

Thanks for any advice.
  33. chardlogic

chardlogic Member

It's insane how much of the board seems to believe that DBH fell off in value overnight. Case limit, though only 71 cases, means approximately 100 or so people made off with it. Most of those are OGs,but there might be some noobs with gold treating it like iron pyrite, but it's FL so it's inevitable.
    alefish likes this.
  34. Charlie_Hoss

Charlie_Hoss Member

I mean an extra 852ish bottles are in peoples hands just from yesterday, thats pretty significant. Not to say it isnt valuable but i would have to believe it dropped in value from before yesterday...
  35. alefish

alefish Member

Yeah, like getting hit by lightning. Prop was 14,000 bottles.....it has absolutely NOTHING to do with BA huna....but you probably know that already.

I don't think there is anyone out there with DB Huna saying, "hmmmmm, I wonder how many BA Framinghammers I can get" "Wow, I can get X number of Bombs for it!" Regardless of how many bottle they released it is a 100 rated beer. It is rated that high because it is THAT GOOD. That puts it in the top 100 beers rated on here. People that have it are going to want Hommage, BA Abraxas, etc. Other 100 beers. To think that anyone with BA Huna went home and said, "let me get some quantity for this quality" is just ludicrous.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  36. alefish

alefish Member

Not much. People that got it, know what they got and the value only goes down, if they let that happen. Anyone that got DB Huna is going to hold out for five or six bottles they really want and drink the rest.
  37. alefish

alefish Member

My point exactly.
  38. LiquidCourage

LiquidCourage Member

Is that so? I guess there wasn't anyone out there saying that either about Bourbon Dark Lord...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...ark-lord-ft-case-of-ba-framminghammer.155367/

[​IMG]
    ChayDudeBrew and MarkF150 like this.
  39. alefish

alefish Member

40. huskermike12

huskermike12 Member

I have never heard of a BA DL being infected. I've had all of them and have none currently, so I have no real interest other than saying I don't think there was any infection. A bad bottle possibly?