1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

DB Huna vs KBS, BBPt5, BN

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Jeremy6566, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Savant (270) Arizona Jan 10, 2013

I'm thinking about trading off a DB Huna to try and get some KBS, BBPt5 and/or BN. But, I'm not sure what a fair ratio would be. I'm also assuming that KBS, BBPt5 and BN trade at a similar value.

I tried searching through to see what has gone through, but couldn't find anything definitive. Can anyone help me out with a ratio?
  2. SournRare

SournRare Zealot (75) Michigan Dec 2, 2012

My opinion:

DB Huna = 12 points

KBS = 1pt
    BN = 1.25 points
    BBPT5 = 1.5 points

I wouldn't say this is biblical by any means but it's somewhere to start. If you're looking for older vintages then the quantity you should ask for should be a little less but not by much.

Hope this helps sir....good luck!
    Jeremy6566 likes this.
  3. Yea this is probably pretty close... I could foresee you getting 10-12 of these for a DB huna depending on what you wanted
    Jeremy6566 likes this.
  4. markgugs

markgugs Champion (980) New Jersey Dec 20, 2006

Considering that beers like Remy's Pappy have gone 1:1 w/ DB Hunah, and Prop has had to add...I probably wouldn't do anything less than 12 of each for a single DB Hunah. These types of ratios are always tough because DB Hunah trades at an entirely different level than those 3 beers, so you're looking for quantity
    Jeremy6566 likes this.
  5. juliusseizure

juliusseizure Savant (420) New York Feb 11, 2009

12 is probably fair but the way people are loving DB huna you could probably get close to a case combined.
    Jeremy6566 likes this.
  6. pest

pest Savant (385) Ohio Sep 2, 2007

~12 is fair by my count. But fair doesn't seem to matter these days.
    JohnB87, sandman3479 and Jeremy6566 like this.
  7. fishmich

fishmich Savant (490) Michigan Apr 11, 2013

i stay away from trades like these because no matter how you look at it the trade isnt fair. there isnt a single bottle of beer on this earth i would trade 12 bottles of BBPT5 for unless it was a bottle i could sell for huge money and i dont sell beer so...

12 bottles of BBPT5 for one bottle of DB Huna seems off on so many levels to me.
    JoeStepOner, JohnB87, patol8 and 7 others like this.
  8. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

Ive had DB Huna..and its great..really great...with that said, im not trading 12 BBPT5 for it....
    M1A2, AdamP and Ckoz like this.
  9. Ckoz

Ckoz Aficionado (220) Michigan Feb 15, 2014

I would concur. I could never trade more than 4 bottles for one bottle of beer and at that it has to be a great beer.

I look at it this way I can enjoy 12 nights of having a great beer when I get home from work or I can have one great night with a rare beer...unless Im celebrating the birth of my child or some other major life event i'll take 12 over 1 all day long.
    M1A2 likes this.
  10. fishmich

fishmich Savant (490) Michigan Apr 11, 2013

agreed, DB Huna is awesome.
  11. DB Huna is the best beer I have had this year. Of The three beers you are discussing I like KBS the least and I wouldn't trade 12 for DB Huna.
    tommyz likes this.
  12. markgugs

yup, spot on
    tommyz likes this.
  13. tommyz

totally agree...DB Huna is the best variant of Huna ive had....
  14. In fact that day we had Cali Brandy Huna and the
    DB blew it out of the water.
  15. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

i just di da trade involving DBH....the guy was adament about getting a bottle but here what i got for mine:
    12 kbs
    3 pseudosue
    3 Sosus
    1 golden nugget
    1 zeelander
    3 rainbow
    1 redx
    plus he threw in some extras....i am not saying this is the going rate for a DBH, but he offered and I accepted.
  16. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (595) Colorado Apr 15, 2011

:eek::eek: Hopefully you extra'd him some KY as well.
    JohnB87 and I_BYE_MI_BEER like this.
  17. raczkowski

i am goign to include extras...i told the guy it was goign to take something rather crazy to pry me away from my DBH...he owns a bar and got cases of kbs and apparently gets easy access to TG (may even get discounts on those as well)....this is not a case where a newbie is posting something FT or ISO and doenst know the value of his beers...he knows the value of kbs, and the TG ipas, but reallly wanted a doubel barrel.
    mythaeus likes this.
  18. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (595) Colorado Apr 15, 2011

19. raczkowski

20. raczkowski

bottom line was i was not trading my huna unless it was an offer that i really could not refuse...if both parties are happy, there is no problem with the trade. HE made the offer of the beer being sent...not me. i dnot know why he offered so much for the beer, but he had no problem with the trade.
  21. I guess I wouldn't feel right doing that but I guess if you have a highly sought after bottle and someone offers you 50 pounds worth of limited shelf beer i could see how it would be hard to say no.
  22. markgugs

holy crap! I'd trade my last DB Hunah for that haul too lol
  23. tommyz

to get it ive found you have to go over....this is what WE traded for it..

Batch 1 Bells Black Note 750ml
    2013 Kuhnhenn BBBW
    2014 Kuhnhenn BA American Stout (2 year barrel jameson wiskey)
    Kuhnhenn BA Sunflower Mead (3year barrel aged)

It should have probably only taken the Batch 1 Black Note but we really wanted it..
  24. tommyz

I think most of us would have traded a DB Huna for that too...Obvious you know (Him WILLING) you raped him..I just hope you throw him some great extras.... :)
  25. Seems like a more fair trade than the King Sue growler you have been holding for ransom.
  26. Growlers dude- but if you would read further you would see DOING TRADE FOR A FRIEND that way you don't
    look so foolish. I have one and it is not for trade.
  27. Riiiiggghhhhtttt.......
  28. I've been on both sides of this fence. I have over paid by everyone's standards but not mine. If you really want something, your offer is directly relational to how much you want it versus the other guy. It's the art of the deal. When the fuck did beer drinkers get so philosophical sober?

On a side note, with the few lopsided trades I been involved with, the person with the upper value threw in cool extras. It's always worked out because we wanted to, not because we had to.