1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

DC Brau On The Wings Of Armageddon - This Saturday 3/16

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by colty42, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Posted on their facebook:

"#winteriscoming"

[​IMG]

I am very excited to try this since I missed out on the first run last year.
  2. milo_leon

milo_leon Zealot (80) Maryland Aug 25, 2012

CANS! cant wait to grab a couple. anyone know the pricing?
  3. C20Percent

C20Percent Savant (315) Virginia Aug 24, 2011

Are these still only for sale at the brewery?
  4. Titans77

Titans77 Savant (270) Maryland Jul 21, 2011

I go on spring break after this week. So on Friday the 15th, I drive from College Park to Frederick to pick up my DuClaw growler. Then I have to turn around and drive back to DC on the 16th for this event. Then when I go back to College Park from Frederick on the 24th, and I have to end up driving back to Frederick AGAIN for the Barrel Aged Horn Dog release from Flying Dog followed directly by going back to CP for classes... This just isn't fair.
    gillagorilla likes this.
  5. Are they selling cans or only growler fills on Sat.? I work 12-8 so it looks like I'll miss it :/ anyone from Va. going and can grab me a couple?
  6. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

For what its worth, I stopped in this past Saturday to pick up some Qaked PQP and asked about that. Was told for the most part yes, but there could be a couple "select" outlets to buy cans, but that was all. And obviously they said it will be on tap all over DC.
  7. skinsfan

I am headed over there on Sat. and don't mind grabbing you a 4-pack if you want. Only problem is that I live in Germantown, MD and work in Rockville, MD, not VA, but I am sure we can arrange a way for me to get them to you. Just let me know.
  8. Trying to get my buddy to swing by there on Saturday. If not, I guess I'll be trading.
  9. this stuff is the shizzniks
  10. Allsmoke

Allsmoke Aficionado (165) Virginia Aug 11, 2007

What I heard was $16.99 for a fourpack but that's not official so I could be way off. I'll absolutely be getting some at that price. Once people catch on to this beer, it will be the new hopslam/pliny/heady whatever they are talking about this week. Crazy good beer
  11. Any word on if this is now going to be made more often? Need to find out if I gotta call in a favor or trade now or if I can wait.

Not being in the area anymore sucks.
  12. Allsmoke

Again, take it for what it's worth, but I heard that it would not be going into regular rotation.
  13. Well that's annoyingly contradictory compared to what they've said in the past. Thanks for the info though.
  14. Allsmoke

My information could be wrong, so don't take it for gospel. Only passing on what rumblings I'm hearing myself. I'm not on the inside there or anything, so it could be a regular for all I know. I just heard production costs make it prohibitive to be a regular lineup brew
  15. I'm in Southwest DC and wouldn't mind picking up some for you at all. Send me a PM if you wanna try and set it up
  16. I'm in arlington, va and will probably go. Let me know if VA is more convenient or if out of area want to trade.
  17. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,000) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

great news!
  18. Do you think you could score me a 4 pack? I live in Baily's Crossroads and could even hit you up with some money this week before.
  19. Thanks for the offer it's very generous. I don't make it into DC much though so it might be more of a hassle than it's worth. Again thanks!
  20. I'm gonna try to work something out with someone closer but I really appreciate the offer!
  21. If I go, I'll def pick you up a 4-pack. I live in DC, but commute to VA (Fairfax) on the regular.
  22. No prob. I got you covered.
  23. Hey all,

Can anybody give myself and Katie a ride to Brau on Saturday? I'll buy a 4-pack of Wings.
  24. skinsfan

No problem man. Looks like you are covered now anyway, glad to hear.
    Eriktheipaman likes this.
  25. I think MattNelson is going to hook it up but I'll let you know if it falls through, thanks!
    alysmith4 likes this.
  26. ao125

ao125 Savant (335) Virginia Dec 1, 2010

Exciting indeed!

[​IMG]
    skinsfan likes this.
  27. Where are you coming from? If you're somewhere on my way from Silver Spring to the brewery, I could grab you. I could also potentially pick you up at the Takoma or Ft. Totten metro.
  28. skinsfan

That's one badass looking can. Can't wait for Sat!
  29. $17.99 per 6-pk (12oz cans). No case discount, but no limit.
  30. 6 pack? awesomeeeee!
  31. Anyone know if these are gonna last for another week? Or would it be foolish of me to think I can swing by on 3/23 to get some?
  32. Titans77

Titans77 Savant (270) Maryland Jul 21, 2011

When I look at the first picture, I can't help but to think you should be fine a week later haha
  33. DaGrizz

DaGrizz Savant (250) New Jersey Feb 22, 2012

I posted an ISO/FT but if anyone wants to ship me 2x6 packs I am positive we can work out something nice for you to get in return.
  34. shoot me a message.
  35. I am coming from Southwest DC, I'd be happy to if it works for you. Let me know.
  36. If anyone can grab an extra six-pack, please let me know. I'd love to work out something with someone! My buddy in Arlington is unable to make it this weekend and I'm not sure I want to risk them selling out.
  37. Due to a sudden death in my wife's family yesterday, I will be unable to make growler hours Saturday. Please contact me by private conversation if you would be able to pick some up for me. Thanks.
  38. Getting my DC friend to get me. How delicious is this?
  39. smokeypeat

smokeypeat Savant (270) Maryland Jan 23, 2010

Very delicious. It's one of the best East Coast IPAs (non VT) I've had, and it compares favorably with heavy hitters nationwide. I personally find the aroma to be a slight touch better than the taste. Like all IPAs have it as fresh as possible and you'll be happy.
  40. Hey guys! Anyone have room in the car for a solo BA? I saw some offers above; please let me know if there's still room. I'm in Mt Pleasant, and I can meet you at a Metro stop convenient for you. I'm close to the green line. Send me a message.