DC Brau OTWOA Release Date?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by jaheussner, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I know they got label approval for On the Wings of Armageddon a little while back, but have there been any rumblings as to when this is gonna make its way to the canning line?

2. ao125

ao125 Savant (335) Virginia Dec 1, 2010

3. raveskdr

raveskdr Savant (400) Virginia Oct 10, 2009

The last I heard, they were going to try to start brewing it at the end of August. The sooner, the better.

My concern is their ability to keep up with production. There's already been a Public/Corruption shortage (in Virginia). They will sell 5 times the OTWOA as all those beers, maybe combined. They can't expand soon enough.

God, I love Wings...

Daniellobo and Momar42 like this.
  4. I loved this beer at ACBF, hopefully it's out in cans the next time my cousin who lives down by DC comes up to visit.

HopsHopenstein and ao125 like this.
  5. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

This beer was amazing in the VERY limited 22oz bomber release. I would not hesitate to make this my go to east coast DIPA if they can get this out in any quantity. If they can begin to meet the demand, this could be a beer they make their names with. Be nice to have trade offering from within DC...and in easy to ship cans to boot!

6. sciphish

sciphish Zealot (95) Virginia Jul 8, 2009

7. Well stated SCI, I spoke with Jeff and Brandon yesterday. Looks like bombers in the Mid-Sept range and possibly year round offering late spring next year in a can. The new Boiler should be banging early this week. Kudos to the Bro's at the Brau for weathering one hell of a storm losing that major piece of equipment. Thank God they had plenty of keg beer to go around and around :)

8. raveskdr

raveskdr Savant (400) Virginia Oct 10, 2009

Now, let them go brew some beer AND pitch some yeast ;):D

9. ao125

10. ao125

11. beast464

beast464 Savant (300) Maryland Apr 6, 2008

12. Does anyone know if these guys fill 750ml growlers? I might stop in tomorrow real quick to fill two of the HF growlers I've got.

13. ao125

Yes, you can bring in growlers from anywhere, just so long as they can be sealed. I have a German flip-top that has made the rounds numerous times.

Call ahead. Growler Hours start at 11am today, for the long weekend.

14. ao125

OTWOA being bottled and kegged tomorrow. Available this weekend. Unsure of when Hop & Wine will be releasing to retail.

15. Oh dear god yes!

16. As good as Deus Ex Machina was, I've been craving some OTWOA since they last bottled it.

drabmuh likes this.
  17. This is fantastic news!!! Deus Ex Machina was a tasty beer, but it was not on the same level as OTWOA.

18. wonderful news, I've been craving a big dipa lately

anyone going saturday to get some?

19. I think I might try. For whose who make it there regularly, how do you usually get out there? The only time I've been, I've taken a zip car.

20. ao125

Perhaps the Brookland CUA Metro, and then bike down Monroe St to South Dakota to Bladensburg or get off at Rhode Island Ave and then down Rhode Island (RT1) to South Dakota to Bladensburg... or cab from Rhode Island Metro. The B2, B8, B9, and H6 buses all stop in front of the brewery. H6 goes to Brookland... not sure what the weekend schedule is.

When I drive, I typically take 295 down to 50, then 50 to Fort Lincoln Dr., to Bladensburg.

21. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

Anyone know the prices of the bottles and if they will be having any other bottles or growler fills available?

22. I'm sure they'll have most of their canned stuff available and they always have growler fills. No idea on the price. $8 maybe?

I'm going to stop in and get a couple bottles and a growler or two filled if anyone wants to meet a fellow BA.

23. Heck yeah. Being new to the area, I haven't had this one yet but am super pumped to try it. I'll probably be there on Saturday to grab some. Is it definitely available Saturday and not before then at all?

24. Pretty sure they only do Sat. releases.

25. Ah good to know. I was unaware of that. Thanks!

26. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Savant (250) Virginia Jan 28, 2012

A little off topic but does anyone know what they sell cases of cans for at the brewery? What about 32oz. growler fills of their standard stuff (Public, Corruption)?

27. ao125

Yes. You can buy both cases of cans and 32oz growler fills. You'll need to call day-of for exact pricing, but it should be roughly half the price of a full 64oz fill.

OTWOA will most likely also be a premium fill. For 64oz, regular fills are usually $10+ tax, Premium is $13-15+ tax, Ultra Premium (barrel aged) fills are usually @ $25+ tax... at least that's been my experience.

28. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Savant (250) Virginia Jan 28, 2012

Thanks, any idea of the cost for a case of cans?

29. ao125

Typically $10/per 6-pack + tax from the brewery. The twitter feed usually lists what's available day-of.

30. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (550) Texas Apr 26, 2007

I paid $44 (tax included) for a case of The Corruption a couple months ago. Not sure how their other beers compare in price.

31. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (770) Florida Oct 24, 2010

Anyone know if there are any OTWOA bottles left at the brewery?

Edit: nm, didn't realize the release is on the 6th!

32. ao125

[​IMG]

fmccormi likes this.
  33. djre4orm

djre4orm Savant (355) Virginia Oct 21, 2011

Watch out for speed cameras on 295 :( they just installed a few new ones

34. ao125

There's also that relatively new one on 395 just after the Maine Ave/Waterfront exit, if you're heading North. It's just before where the turn lane starts for D St. / US Senate.

There's also typically someone sitting in a camera vehicle on South Dakota AVE, if you use that to get back onto 295 when leaving the brewery. That's a "work zone", which I'm calling BS on - but that didn't stop me from getting a $125 ticket for 33 in a 25.

35. djre4orm

djre4orm Savant (355) Virginia Oct 21, 2011

Those bastards. Big brother - no F's were given

36. ao125

Not saying I wasn't guilty of speeding... I just feel like in order to call something a work zone, you should actually have to be doing work there. Not worth my time to engage in the futility that is fighting the DC government over the extra $50.

37. drabmuh

drabmuh Champion (815) Maryland Feb 7, 2004

Were you on Michigan near Catholic when you got that ticket? My wife got a very similar ticket just before North Capitol on MI. Ridiculous.

I'll be there on Saturday for some Wings madness. See you ladies there.

38. ao125

South Dakota Ave, just before the merge onto the on-ramp to 50/295.

13th St. Meats this weekend too.

39. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

For those that went, how did this go? Do you think they will still have bottles/growler fills available next weekend?