1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

DC Brau - Penn Quarter Porter in cans???

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Crabbicuss, Apr 4, 2013.

1. I heard from a close source that DC Brau has canned Penn Quarter Porter and will be releasing it this Saturday (4/6). Anyone else hear about this? That would be awesome if they are selling PQP in cans and I could get some this weekend! Guess I'll be heading down there this Saturday to see what's up. Anyone know if they still have the Yonder Cities on tap? Loved that stuff!

2. Not sure on either count, but their FB page is a good way to keep up w/ them. They update on the hour it seems :)

3. It's one of my favorite of their beers for sure so this would be great news.

4. Hell to the yeah. I'm heading down this Sat regardless. Hope to score big but will settle for whatever is available as it's all good like that ;)

5. ao125

ao125 Savant (335) Virginia Dec 1, 2010

....and they updated their facebook. It's official ;)

6. C20Percent

C20Percent Savant (325) Virginia Aug 24, 2011

What existing Porter can we compare this to? The review descriptions remind me of Deschutes Black Butte Porter. Is that a fair comparison?

7. Yeah actually to me it is damn similar to Black Butte. I really miss being able to get sixers of Black Butte so I'm glad this is coming out in six packs.

8. Big_V

Big_V Savant (340) Maryland Nov 30, 2012

Want to try this out. I was there last Saturday. No Yonder Cities.

9. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,180) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

I always hoped they would can this, glad to see them doing it.

ao125 and skinsfan like this.
  10. Titans77

Titans77 Savant (270) Maryland Jul 21, 2011

Picked up Yonder Cities in a growler, and some cans of PQP. Also, the new Nats/DC Brau shirt is AWESOME

ao125, skinsfan and BrewUrbanist like this.
  11. ao125

I cracked into one last night - drank it out of the can too. I think it tastes even better drinking it straight out of the can.

12. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Savant (250) Virginia Jan 28, 2012

I'll be able to pick up sixers of PQP at my local shop (this week??), correct?

13. There was an infected batch of this last year that was so freaking good. I wish they'd recreate and release that...in cans or otherwise :)

14. smakawhat

They also are canning El Hefe

siege06nd and Eriktheipaman like this.
  15. I'm coming up to DC this weekend from Raleigh. The only thing I want to bring home is the PQP. Any good places to find it in downtown DC?

16. I have a 6 pack in my possession. It says 'limited' on the can FYI.

17. My family was up in DC recently and found 22oz of PQP and brought a few back. I would say it limited, but I don't see a ton of people flocking to a 5.5% porter. But I LOVE porters, so I'll flock to it. :)

I would say Wings was more limited than PQP was and limited isn't on that can I think.

18. ao125

http://www.dcbrau.com/our_brau.cfm?brau=5

19. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Savant (250) Virginia Jan 28, 2012

What was the price for a sixer of cans at the brewery?

20. I didn't get it at the brewery but I think it was like $11 or $12.

21. siege06nd likes this.
  22. siege06nd

siege06nd Advocate (570) Virginia Dec 29, 2009

23. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

Do most shops in DC sells DC Brau stuff or is it limited to certain locations? May be there during the week in the upcoming weeks and want to grab some. Thanks.

24. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

You can definitely find DC Brau around at local shops in DC and VA. They have a link on their website that shows what stores carry their beers: DC Brau Finder

alysmith4 likes this.
  25. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

Awesome, thanks!

26. Just go to the brewery. You can pick up PQP and Oaked PQP there.

27. I'd love to go to the brewery, but it just isn't accessible enough for me to get there for this trip. I do want to make it out there, but the timing isn't right for this trip.

28. smakawhat

Cans of PQP are at Whole Foods on P Street.

29. Cairo has em too