1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

DC only beers

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by hornsup, Mar 27, 2013.

1. hornsup

hornsup Savant (335) Virginia Nov 29, 2012

What are some top quality must try beers you can only get in the DC, Falls Church area, brewery releases/ sits on shelves, etc.

Have a friend who lives up there, I know I want to try to get my hands on DC Brau's On the Wings of Armageddon for sure

2. spitshaded

spitshaded Savant (335) Virginia Nov 12, 2012

Lost Rhino out of Ashburn,VA makes some mighty tasty beers. Their Ice Breaker DIPA just came out & I recently had a Barleywine from them that was nice too.

Mad Fox is a little hit or miss with me, but their Broad St & Orange Whip IPAs I've had from them were really good & they're actually in Falls Church. They have good food there too.

alysmith4 likes this.
  3. Good question! Sometimes I wonder the same thing, and I live here :rolleyes:

Anyway, Wings sold out the day it released, but they still have Oaked PQP last I checked. It's $9.99/bomber, and should age well.

Chaney likes this.
  4. hornsup

hornsup Savant (335) Virginia Nov 29, 2012

Sounds delicious....I really wanted to side by side the Wings with Bitter Valentine.

alysmith4 likes this.
  5. DC Brau, Alewerks, and 3 Stars are great, however, ask us this same question in a few months once Bluejacket becomes the new Allagash/Ommegang.