Dear Miller Brewing Company,

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Lifeofbrian, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Never trust a beer in a clear bottle ...

2. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Champion (955) Illinois Apr 21, 2009

3. High life is my favorite macro behind Piels. Feels good man

4. I actually like to drink high life with my dad every now and then when working on house projects .

5. hardy008

hardy008 Champion (760) Minnesota Jan 12, 2008

Of all the macro lagers, anything Miller has always been my least favorite.

6. Duff27

Duff27 Advocate (600) Illinois Feb 10, 2010

Yes. And Deus is the champagne of the champagne of beers.

7. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

The champagne of beers lol

8. TMoney2591

Try an Innis and Gunn some time: You might get a quick whiff of mild skunking on the nose, but it's fleeting, and there's none of it on the tongue. Damn fine beers. The British have found a way to get away with clear bottles in many cases...

9. No offense, but I'm highly skeptical that they've fixed the clear glass problem. Do you have any references that indicate a new glass formula or some other technique to avoid skunking?

And if you're getting a "whiff of mild skunking" then it's in the beer, and it might show up more or less depending on one's palate sensitivity. No thanks. Too many good beers out there to spend my money on "a mild whiff of skunking."

10. TMoney2591

It's nothing like a scientific breakthrough involving UV-filtering clear glass or anything...just personal experience and outside anecdotes about how quite a few British beers come in clear bottles and turn out to smell and taste just fine. In terms of I&G, their beers are some of the most simply complex beverages I've ever tasted, and I've yet to have anything beyond a hint in the background of the nose in terms of skunking.

All that said, I continue to push for darker bottles across the board and lambast those breweries that don't. It just so happens that things like Yuengling, Heineken, Corona, and the like tend to become a skunked-up mess, whereaas the Brits come out generally smelling and tasting great. I don't understand it, but, so long as the product remains quality, I'm also not gonna argue...

11. crossovert

crossovert Champion (790) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

i have had skunky i&g, and imo the ones I have had that werent all had the same overbearing vanilla/pear flavor.

12. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

How can you get drunk off of Miller Lite? I think it's tolerable as a hot summer beer. Very refreshing.

13. High life tastes much sweeter and has higher carbonation from my expirience. Highlife tastes more like corn, MGD tastes more like cereal/grain.

High life is my favorite cheap beer/ go to BMC. I love the bottle design and price. Its much better than PBR IMO which tastes like metal.

I can get 18 packs (aka treasure chests) for 10-11$. A 12pack of Bud/Coorsligh/Miller Light is like 12 or 13. Easy decision.

14. Beertsipper

Beertsipper Savant (250) New York Nov 18, 2008

If you have access, get Schaefer. Cheaper and tastier than High Life with more of a bite going down

15. MLucky

MLucky Savant (380) California Jul 31, 2010

Reminds me of those people who campaign to get McDonalds to bring back the McRib sandwich. I wouldn't touch that stuff with someone else's mouth, but if that's what you like...

16. Now that's what I'm looking for! An American Adjunct Lager that will change itself to "premium" and raise its price!

Yeah baby! Charge me more for a mediocre beer with a name change!

17. Pretty easy. There's alcohol in Miller lite, alcohol gets people drunk. Nobody has ever gotten drunk from a light beer before?

18. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I guess a 12 pack would do it. I wouldn't say it's easy. Unless your drinking speed was say 5 per hour.

19. Ask college kids, it gets them drunk while allowing them to drink in excessive amounts, add bud, natty, busch and coors light to the list as well. All popular cheap "session beers" with undergrads.

20. Never trust a Blues fan...