1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Del Norte = Closed?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Domingo, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

2. Fermentedly Challenged said they might already have all their equipment sold and will be the first brewery to close in 4 years.
  3. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (455) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

I thought they just expanded last year?
  4. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

No information at all as of yet, and who knows whether or not there will ever be. Businesses close all the time for all kinds of reasons.
  5. denver10

denver10 Champion (865) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Sorry to hear that for their sake.
  6. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I just called them and only got voice mail.
  7. Friend of a friend works there, I'll hit up the 1st friend to see if she can get any more detail on it
  8. Kind of a bummer if only for the fact that they made approachable beers for us learned palates to offer those stuck in macroland.
  9. mklever42

mklever42 Savant (300) Colorado Apr 28, 2012

Confirmed. Unfortunately, it is true.
  10. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Aficionado (220) Colorado Feb 29, 2012

Saw some on the shelf the other day. Honestly i had no interest in buying any. But it does suck when any brewery goes under unless your came is Bud/miller/coors:)
  11. But if Bud went under we wouldn't get any more bcbs here in Colorado :mad:
  12. kojevergas

kojevergas Champion (825) Texas Aug 15, 2010

Having tried their beers, I can't say I'm surprised. Hopefully whoever bought their equipment brings more to the table. Still, I feel bad for those who are losing jobs.
  13. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (875) Colorado May 19, 2005

But that would be Bud distribution, not the brewery o_O
  14. dauss

dauss Advocate (565) Colorado Aug 9, 2003

It's a tough segment they tried to go into. Lagers take too long. I think they were also undercapitalized. The founders were also homebrewers.
  15. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (875) Colorado May 19, 2005

Shame they couldn't capitalize on the bajillion (literally, a bajillion) of Mexican restaurants in Denver Metro. I know of a few that carried their stuff (el Camino for one). Well, I suppose that one is Mexican 'inspired'
  16. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Beyond them having to lager things, I'm not sure if they really ever had a great niche. They weren't targeting the geeky people (hence they aren't mentioned here all that much), and I don't know if most of the Corona people really ever cared enough about the taste of what they were drinking to try something else.
    I really like Manana as a casual beer and I think I'm the only person who liked Luminaria. The others were like better takes on Corona and Tecate for more or less the same price. To me they were like a Michelob to Corona's Bud.
    Hopefully the people behind the scenes will have a chance to do something again.
  17. Graviz

Graviz Savant (270) Colorado Feb 26, 2012

Their tap room was probably the hardest one to find in colorado. Those of you that have been there understand. I actually really enjoyed their Luminara.
  18. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

I tried to visit them a couple of times, but to no avail.
    Shame, too, dammit... I thought they had a really neat idea... and the beers are really good.
    But... it's all about marketing and promotion... and they didn't really have that.
    I'm gonna miss that Cinco in the summertime.