1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Denver Beer Co. IPA's

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by joshclauss, May 7, 2013.

1. joshclauss

joshclauss Member

Just wanted to throw in a quick shout-out to Denver Beer Company and encourage those who haven't been over there for awhile to go have a couple rounds. I think they've found their stride working with hops. A couple of weeks ago, I had a Citra IPA that was great, and yesterday they had a bunch of IPA's on, including a Rye IPA and Mosaic IPA that were both fantastic. My previous trip there, I also had a truly fantastic Coffee Porter that I'd go back for. It's too bad that place is always such a mob scene (not for the owners, obviously), or else I might start going there much more often. I don't know that they get enough credit for having such a large and constantly rotating list. Yes, this results in a few strikeouts, but they are now seeing their fair share of hits. I'd definitely appreciate seeing more places put out experimental IPA's more often.
    denver10 and SalukiAlum like this.
  2. dauss

dauss Member

I had the Citra IPA a few weeks ago. It was good, but not $6 good.
  3. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Member

They have solid IPAs. I usually get them by the taster ($1 each). Not the most economical, but I can try 5 beers for an Abe (then tip).

They are busy most of the time, but they expanded another room that, right now, is open to private parties, but will soon be open regular hours....so I'm told
  4. bfields4

bfields4 Member

Just had the Mosaic tonight and I second that. Awesome beer. I think they've been doing some pretty decent stuff and getting a bad wrap. I'm not gonna say I love all of their beers, but for all the stuff that is just meh they've got some gems too!
  5. Hojaminbag

Hojaminbag Member

I love DBC. The atmosphere, space, people, and the fact they allow dogs made me fall in love with it. At first, the beers were unimpressive at best. Now, however, I agree that they have been putting out solid beers with a wide variety of hoppy options that have all been quite good.
  6. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Member

Have to revisit, have been maybe 2-3 times and always leave unimpressed with their beers. Like everything else about the place though, as Hojaminbag said above.
    kojevergas likes this.
  7. Domingo

Domingo Member

If DBC has their shit together...look out. They have the best location (and crowds) in town.
    poonamibaxter likes this.
  8. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Member

I chatted with Casey up there and they have some interesting barrel brews coming up
  9. hopspine

hopspine Member

Nice, any sours by chance?
  10. denver10

denver10 Member

Hit DBC up for my first time last night. Great place and loved that I was able to bring my dog along (so did he for that matter). Tried their Incredible Pedal IPA (brewed with nelson sauvin hops) and that was one of the best IPA's I have tasted from this fine state. Probably one of my new favorites for the style in general (though, to be fair, I have yet to try most of the out of Colorado distribution classic IPA's). Point being, thanks for the heads up on DBC.

Also tried their Oak Aged Graham Cracker Porter....thought the original one was impressively able to capture the graham cracker flavor and I liked it for a while, but then it did startto get a bit cloying to me. However, the boozed oak barrel inclusion killed that cloyingness and added a nice new dimension to that beer, really enjoyed that one too.
    joshclauss and SalukiAlum like this.