Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...

Denver/CO Local: Pack a smallish box for me (hypothetically)

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by beerpadawan, Dec 1, 2012.

1. beerpadawan

beerpadawan Savant (380) California Aug 12, 2007

I would like recommendations for beers not distributed outside of CO (or not to CA anyhow). What would you put in a, say, 4-6 bomber (or equivalent volume) box and ship to a fellow interested in sampling some local beers? Preferably stuff that's not hard to get (as that would keep the box hypothetical). Thanks in advance for suggestions!

2. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Advocate (565) Colorado Sep 24, 2010 Verified

Whatever CS you can find on the shelf. There's always something.

3. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Savant (440) Colorado Apr 5, 2012 Verified

Grab a bottle of River North, Funkwerks and Crooked Stave. Throw in a growler of Prost Dunkel. If you have room stuff a couple cans in there like Upslope Christmas and Renegade Ryeteous Ipa. If ther is any extra room then grab some Odell Mountain Standard and Myrcenary. And I didn't even get to Avery!!

Too many good beers to try from this state. We are spoiled.

alexipa likes this.
  4. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,100) Colorado May 19, 2005 Verified

If Backcountry can get some Citra hops, and if Alan heeds my begging and pleading, grab some BC Double IPA. Of course, that's hypothetical ;) (hope not ).

Crooked Stave and Funkwerks. Maybe some Dry Dock Hefe or DIPA (or Bligh's when it comes out).

biking4beer likes this.
  5. beerpadawan

beerpadawan Savant (380) California Aug 12, 2007

Thanks for the recommendations. I haven't tried anything from CS or Funkwerks yet (though I have CS/Epic Elder Brett on deck and already told my buddy over there to grab anything of theirs for me). Avery I think we get a fair amount of; actually setting up a young-old tasting of devil series. I have a batch 1 Beast and 2011; 2006 Mephistopheles and a new one; 2006 Samael's but still looking for a newer one of those.

Prost, River North, Upslope, and Renegade are new to me; thanks!

6. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Savant (440) Colorado Apr 5, 2012 Verified

Totally meant to mention Dry Dock.

ssteigerwald and tacosandbeer like this.
  7. Crooked Stave, Dry Dock, River North, Funkwerks, Trinity

youbrewidrink likes this.
  8. chicano4craft

chicano4craft Savant (320) Colorado Apr 18, 2009

Crabtree Berliner Weiss is still on the shelves.

coreymcafee and joshclauss like this.
  9. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Advocate (690) Colorado Aug 14, 2005

Funk is increasing their distribution to Nebraska here shortly.

hopfacebrew likes this.
  10. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (615) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Crabtree peachtrree cezanne saison is on shelves right now and amazing. Funwerks deciet is the best damned tripel I've had. Blighs is coming around, but nobody mentioned elevation. Grab an apis v, or some oil man when it comes out.

11. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

currently on shelves: odell friek, dry dock dipa, river north bourbon barrel j marie saison, any crooked stave that can be found besides wwb(blue) (i havent seen any on shelves in a while), ska modus hoperandi

12. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,345) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002 Verified

Yeah, jump over Wyoming don't you. I'm used to that.:(