1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Denver/DTC Bottle Share

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by MinorThreat, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Just throwing this out there to see if there is some interest in a bottle share in south Denver. I have a Growler of Apple Brandy Hunahpu and a few other oddities/rarities I'd love to offer up. I was thinking Saturday the 22nd of December in the evening but I'm not stuck on that date. I run a bar in the Tech Center (walking distance to the orchard lightrail station) so I have a location. Who's in?
  2. Very interested. Were you hoping to stick to a certain style or two for the evening - or just a grab bag of whatever people want to bring?
  3. Might need to check on the date with the family (being so close to Christmas) but sounds like fun.
  4. I'm definitely interested. Date should work, location sounds great. Any guidelines on a style or recommended beer to bring would be helpful: random also works.
  5. I'm thinking about leaving it open to any stlye. The only requirement would be bringing a bottle or two to share and post what you'll bring on the thread so no one doubles up on a particular beer(s). I will plan on bringing the growler of Apple Brandy Hunahpu and a Hill Farmstead Anna to share. I run Slattery's Irish Pub in the Landmark development DTC so setting up a reservation and any issues with bringing bottles into a bar are taken care of if we do it there.

Cheers!
    Kolby
  6. I stopped in to Slattery's about 2 weeks ago after a comedy show with the wife. Last time I was there was maybe 2 years ago, but the recent visit showed you guys up the ante on craft beer. Bravo!
  7. I would be down for this. I'd probably stay with a friend or Hotwire a room down there. Will there be a corking fee for the bottles we open?
  8. Thanks! I really appreciate it! We did just get FW XVI in.....

Great! No corking fee at all, just bring something to share.
  9. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aficionado (215) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

Don't think I could do that date as I will already be gone for Christmas, but pretty much any Saturday or Sunday before that would work for me.
  10. Well maybe we could do it before the world ends and do it Saturday the 15th or Sunday the 16th if that works for everyone. Thoughts?
  11. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (875) Colorado May 19, 2005

I'm interested. Not sure about the date, but my work schedule is poo so I'll have to watch the thread
  12. The 15th and 16th work fine for me and probably better for most with some room between a share and the holidays.
  13. How does the 15th at 5pm at Slattery's sound?
    SkeeterBoganski likes this.
  14. I won't be able to make the 15th :(
  15. Mebuzzard

15th won't work for me. A friend is having an engagement party: how silly is that?
  16. Are we shoe-horning it in before the holiday? Maybe try the first or second week of January?
  17. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

This sounds SOOOOO awesome. I can't make it regardless (booked thru the end of the year, and planning a NO BEER Jan), but I'll be watching the thread jealously. Enjoy friends!
  18. If I can make it I'd love to do it.
  19. Hojaminbag

Hojaminbag Advocate (525) Colorado Dec 20, 2007

I will make an effort to get to this if I am in town. I'll watch the thread. I think the 15th should work though.
  20. scray24

scray24 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 12, 2008

is this like a NY resolution or something like that. i perish the thought of a no beer month.
    tacosandbeer and coreymcafee like this.
  21. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

UUUUUUU got it. I am in agreement with you...WHY ELSE would I do it?

Need a quick kickstart to drop a few extra.
  22. OK guys, I'm to blame for the date being all over the shop and trying to set this up in a bit of a pinch. I have a few BM's saying nay to the 15th as well as a few on the thread. Also I figure by the 5th of January gklover1 will be over the whole terrible idea of no beer for a month :) . Can we try for January 5th at 6pm?
    SkeeterBoganski likes this.
  23. denver10

denver10 Champion (865) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Give up food. Keep the beer.
  24. Would definitely be up for the 5th! Have a couple cool things I'd share for sure.
  25. quine

quine Savant (260) Colorado Feb 15, 2011

If you're thinking January 5th (or sometime in January), I can make it and would love to come.
  26. Alright guys, got a few BM's about January 5th @ 6pm as well as responses here so I will set up the reservation.

Slattery's Irish Pub
    5364 Greenwood Plaza Blvd
    Greenwood Village CO 80111
    303-741-2115
    Quebec station on the lightrail

I will set the reservation under Beer Advocate Bottle Share. If you have any questions feel free to BM me.

Cheers!
    Kolby
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  27. Alright fellas, I have the space booked and ready to go. Keep me posted on head counts so I can get the space the right size.

All the best,
    Kolby
  28. Boozledooz

Boozledooz Initiate (0) Colorado Jul 8, 2011

Count me in for this...
    Some things I've been wanting to open
    Goose Island Juliet (2010)
    Goose Island Madame Rose (2010)
    Goose Island Lolita (2010)
    Sexual Chocolate 2011
    Ivan the Terrible 2010
    Dark Intrigue 2010
    Splinter Black

Any requests? Anybody have other years of the above beers to do a side-by-side?
  29. quine

If you felt compelled to bring Ivan the Terrible or Splinter Black, I personally would not be opposed ;)
  30. If this does indeed happen on the 5th, I could probably come up from the Springs for it. I've got quite a few things that I've been wanting to share.
  31. Cool! Its for sure set.
  32. Great, I'll try to get the night off from work. Cheers!
  33. I've got a 2011 Lolita and 2012 Juliet, and would be more than happy to bring both if you would like.
  34. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (630) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

I'd be down, could bring Allagash Confluence and this year's Dark Lord (or Surly Darkness if people are more interested in that).
  35. Mebuzzard

I'm 90% in on this. I don't have a 2013 calendar yet. Thought I wouldn't need it...darn Mayans!
  36. I think I'm in also. I'll have to pick some stuff out when it gets closer.
  37. I will be there! I assume this is still going to happen? If so I'll put up a bottle list for people to vote on
  38. Oh yeah, its still going on!
  39. I should be able to make it up from the Springs as long as the weather isn't bad. I was thinking of bring Brooklyn Black Ops, Flossmoor Hi-fi, Big Black Voodoo Daddy, and maybe some sours from Cisco, Weyerbacher, or Upland. Unless you guys have already had those a bunch, then I can dig up something else.
  40. quine

I'm coming down from Boulder with two friends. Thinking of bringing something like Black Chocolate Stout '10, Schlafly Pumpkin, Dark Intrigue '11, Short's Woodmaster, Dragon's Milk, La Roja, and Moo Thunder. Not sure how to pick bottles for bottle shares yet, but I figured I'd include a number of bottles not readily available in Colorado.