1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Denver/DTC Bottle Share

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by MinorThreat, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Not sure how/why I missed this thread. Probably can't make it, but I'll hope everyone has fun!
  2. Are there TVs in the area with the tasting to watch the playoffs??
  3. There are quite a fewc tv's in the pub that will be within eyeshot of the table andv one tv right in front of us
  4. It might be a little late to be mentioning this, but I'd love to try Sexual Chocolate.
  5. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Savant (460) Colorado Jul 22, 2005

Am I too late for this? Plans changed and I should be able to attend if there's still space.
  6. Do we have a list of what people are bringing? I don't want to duplicate what people are bringing.
  7. Yeah, neither do I. Here's my final list. If a bunch of people have already had a certain beer or two, I can switch them out with something else:

Brooklyn Black Ops
    Flossmoor Hi-Fi Rye (not the barrel aged version, unfortunately)
    Voodoo Big Black Voodoo Daddy
    Weyerbacher Riserva
    Captain Lawrence Barrel Select #1
  8. I doubt that there's an exact limit for attendees. It sounds like it's just however many we can fit in the room, and one more person doesn't take up much space, so I'm sure it's fine.

But correct me if I'm wrong, Kolby.
  9. Cellar noob bringing noob beers:

CCB Moat Water
    CCB Batch 69
    BCBS or BCBCS 12 (if enough attendees haven't had either and are still craving)
    Nightstalker if anyone's feeling like taking a chance on an infected bottle that I haven't confirmed one way or another
  10. Not wrong at all. The area I have set aside is right about 25 people (based on BM's and the thread I'm guessing +/-20ppl). Planning on more standing room than sitting so one more is no issue at all Drumrboy22. The only thing I ask is that we collectively take care of the server who will be taking care of the group. My guess is that they will be doing mostly water refills and cleaning up after us so kicking them a few bucks would go a long way. I am at Slattery's all day and being a relatively slow shift I can answer any questions quickly via BM or the thread today.
    The address is:

Slattery's Irish Pub
    5364 Greenwood Plaza Blvd
    Greenwood Village CO 80111

We are just southwest of the intersection of I-25 and Belleview in the Landmark Development. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

All the best,
    Kolby
  11. I'm bringing:

Growler of Apple Brandy Hunahpu
    Hill Farmstead Anna
    Midnight Sun Treat
    Nebraska Brewing Melange au Trois
    My big boy drinking pants.....
  12. Haven't had any of those.
    SkeeterBoganski likes this.
  13. I have a Captain Lawrence Barrel Select Mother Barrel I can bring if we want to compare?
  14. I'm assuming since it's a bar the glassware is taken care of?

Thought I would also bring
    CCB Cucumber Saison
    Weyerbacher Rapture
    Captain Lawrence Barrel Select Mother Barrel
    Plus something else just need to look
  15. Yes sir, I have plenty of 10oz snifters pulled, pint glasses for water a dump bucket to rinse glasses and an ice well to keep the beer chilled if needed
  16. These are all solid beers, and the only one I've tried is the standard BCBS, so I wouldn't call them noob beers at all :)
  17. Sounds good to me.
  18. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (630) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

I second the noobness, bringing Allagash Confluence, Dark Lord and Surly Darkness. Hopefully not everyone has had those, can't imagine they were unenjoyable though if ya did :D
  19. sberman77

sberman77 Zealot (95) Colorado Feb 22, 2008

I'm planning to come with drumrboy22, I'll raid the cellar in a bit for some beers to bring, I am thinking I will bring a bottle of Bristols Venetucci Pumpkin and a few other rare CO beers or non CO beers.
  20. I'll either bring a Midnight Sun Beserker or The Bruery White Chocolate as my other bottle. Any preference?
  21. With all the delicious beers I've tried over the years, I've never gotten the opportunity to have Dark Lord or Darkness. Sounds like this will be an excellent tasting.
  22. WC!
  23. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I'm thinking I'll give a go at attending. Would these qualify me?

Anchorage Love Buzz Batch 1 & Batch 2 (Batch 2 had primary fermentation in oak, so good side-by-side)
    Clown Shoes Blaecorn Unidragon Imperial Stout 2/2012
    ...and how about some Uncle Jacob's? I could also sub in a 3-year vertical of Czar ('08, '09, '10) and if anyone has the '11 and '12 we could bump it to 5 years.
  24. Boozledooz

Boozledooz Initiate (0) Colorado Jul 8, 2011

Alright, per requests I'll bring Sexual Chocolate and a 2010 Ivan the Terrible. I'll also bring along Belgian Red in case we get sick of stouts.
  25. joshclauss

I've got Barrel Aged Sexy Chocolate from this year and could do that, also. I'm also in the market for a ride down from anyone near downtown or coming from the north end.
  26. YESSSIIIIIIRRR! Been wanting to try that one for a long time. If all else fails we are just north of the Orchard lightrail stop.
  27. joshclauss

Yeah, I mapped it out already, but I'm looking at an hour and a half both ways by bus/light rail. Definitely not ideal. Anybody with a spacious trunk?
  28. drumrboy22

Let me know if you decide to bring the Czar. I could add '06 & '07.
  29. joshclauss

Bring them anyway in case I can make it down. Really banking on a ride, though.
  30. MarkyMOD

I'm coming down from Boulder Josh, don't remember where your place is, but I wouldn't mind going 10 minutes or so out of my way.
  31. MarkyMOD

I am taking a cab to my Uncle's though, so couldn't help ya on the way back, unless you wanna go to the Cherry Creek area
  32. quine

quine Savant (260) Colorado Feb 15, 2011

Also coming down from Boulder, but I think we have a full car. Right now our list is something along the lines of:

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout '10
    Short's Woodmaster
    Schlafly Pumpkin
    Jolly Pumpkin La Roja
    Victory Dark Intrigue
    Avery Odio Equum

and probably a couple more (haven't heard from a couple people yet).
  33. joshclauss

Looks like I have a couple options for getting down there, but nothing coming back. I'm halfway there. Might just cab it then.
  34. Looks like I will be bringing:

Sierra Nevada 30th Jack & Ken
    2008 Schlafly Reserve Stout
    2012 GI Juliet
    2010 and 2012 Plead the 5th
  35. Thought I had an '11 and '12 but only have a '12. I'll throw it in the pile
  36. Not sure what time I'm leaving but I can give you a ride back.
  37. joshclauss

Deal. Here I come, BA Sexy Chocolate and a shit ton of Czar in tow.
  38. This is shaping up to be a great tasting.
  39. drumrboy22

Nice. Bring your '08, '09 and '10. I've tracked down '05, '06, '07 and '11. DenverBeerDrinker's got our '12. The Czar Voltron is nearly complete!
  40. I have a '12 I'm bringing