1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Denver Hotel Suggestions

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by ipas-for-life, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Savant (410) Virginia Feb 28, 2012

Planning on attending GABF this year and want to book a hotel early. I know they have a list of hotels on their site but I would like to hear from people who know the area. I am not worried about being close to the convention center. I would rather stay at a hotel that is centrally located near the breweries, brewpubs and beer bars in Denver. Or a hotel that happens to have a lot of great places right next to it. Not really worried about price. Any help is appreciated.

2. I stayed at the Denver Westin Downtown last year, it was perfect. Right in between the convention center and LoDo (where all the bars/breweries are). Walking distance to Freshcraft, Wynkoop, Falling Rock, Great Divide, etc, etc. It's on the higher end cost-wise, but if that is of no consequence, then I highly suggest it.

Prospero likes this.
  3. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Aficionado (195) Colorado Oct 26, 2012

Honestly, Downtown Denver is pretty compact, so if you stay anywhere downtown, you are walking distance to a ton of bars/breweries. The ballpark neighborhood is where Great Divide, Breckenridge, Wynkoop, Sandlot (in Coors Field), Falling Rock and Star Bar are. This is on the far side of downtown from the convention center and is probably only a 10-15 minute walk. If you stay nearer to the convention center you have Euclid Hall and Freshcraft very close and can walk 20 minutes to the Denver Beer Company, Prost and Ale House at Amato's. Once you are on that side of downtown (called Lo-Hi), you are very close to Highland Tap & Burger and not far from Crooked Stave.
    Personally, if price is not an issue, I would stay at the Oxford. Close to the ballpark neighborhood, Euclid and Freshcraft, not too mention it's a nice hotel. Otherwise, I would say the most centrally located hotels are The Westin Downtown, Ritz Carlton, Hotel Monaco, Magnolia Hotel and Marriott Denver City Center.

Prospero likes this.
  4. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Savant (425) Colorado Apr 29, 2012

Before we moved here we stayed and The Warwick and Magnolia. Both were nice spots.
    Warwick is a bit closer to the 16th Mall transit though.
    Good deals can be had with enough effort

PS: if you rent a car, be prepared to get humped on parking. Plan on $20+ a day. The 2 hotels I mentioned have garages attached, but claim they didnt actually own them and couldnt get us any kind of deal.

5. Jefeipa

Jefeipa Aficionado (200) Arizona May 6, 2009

I'm thinking about staying at the Curtis Double Tree hotel later this month. Is that a good location?

6. Hotel Teatro is my go to when I stay downtown.

7. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Yes. Close to the 16th Street Mall Shuttle bus (free) and to the light rail line, although you probably won't have much use for the light rail unless you're heading south for something. All in all, Downtown Denver is very easy to navigate via foot and public transportation.

8. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Savant (410) Virginia Feb 28, 2012

Thank you everyone for the good information. Ended up reserving a room at the Oxford. Thanks Dtapeski for the detailed info exactly what I was looking for. It looks like the Westin and a few others are already booked online that week. Anybody else thinking about going and wants to stay close might want to get on it.