1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

denver: what's on the shelves right now

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by mcaulifww, Feb 15, 2013.

1. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Initiate (0) Virginia Aug 18, 2011

Hey, so I'm heading to denver for a few days on the 27th. my question is what brews that are out of my distro should I be looking to scoop up. I'm gonna go hard with the deschutes stuff and I'm curious if I can expect any of their big beers (Abyss, Dissident) on the shelves? Also I hear crooked stave is sweet. What should I look for from them. I get Oskar Blues, and Great Divide so I'm not worried about those. anything I should avoid or seek out? Thanks
  2. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Elevations Oil Man, anything Odell, Funkwerks Saison, Dry docks IIPA.
    Prospero likes this.
  3. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

No big Deschutes beers on the shelf that I know of.

I would stock up on Russian River, Firestone Walker, Crooked Stave IMHO. Sucaba will likely be on shelves still when you get here. La Folie if you don't get that will surely be on the shelves too.

Elevation beers are good as well as Funkwerks saisons. ^what he said too.
    denver10 likes this.
  4. mcaulifww

mcaulifww Initiate (0) Virginia Aug 18, 2011

awesome. I get FW and I'll definitely be getting some crooked stave. is russian river widely available in denver??
  5. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Damnation + whatever the most recent release is. I think there's still Supplication & Consecration.

You won't see Pliny/Blind Pig in bottles though, only the golden ales & sours.

You should be able to taste Pliny the Elder at Falling Rock Tap House while you're here though. Pliny the Younger will be on tap on the 28th IIRC at Cheeky Monk, 6:30pm