Denver's Best Beer Bars

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by dipaguy, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dipaguy

dipaguy Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2011 Florida

Hey guys,

Heading to denver in a few weeks and was wondering what were some of the best bars to got to for a really good selection of beers. Let me know what you think and why. Greatly appreciated!

2. Williaar

Williaar Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2012 Colorado

You'll have some great options. Hops and pie is my favorite for unique quality stuff (and they now have a live feed to the tap list). Falling rock has great quantity, quality and fairly priced bottles but doesn't tend to get as unique as hops and pie. Freshcraft is hit and miss. There are plenty more

My personal go to is backcountry in boulder. Untouchable taps and bottle list

budsandsuds8 likes this.
  3. denver10

denver10 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society

Freshcraft ALWAYS has Odell Myrcenary on tap. That alone means it will never be a miss, IMO.

(Unless, of course, you aren't in the mood for a hoppy beer)

4. dipaguy

dipaguy Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2011 Florida

Love hoppy beers!!! Thank you to both of you. I will be there for about a week so if anyone has any other good places to try I would really like to hear about them.

Thanks!

5. chicano4craft

chicano4craft Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2009 Colorado

I'll second Hops n Pie. Good taps and really good food. Falling Rock is a must if you've never been before. I'll add Colorado Plus...lots of taps with CO only beer. Great way to try a lot of different CO breweries in one place.

6. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Pundit (812) Jun 26, 2007 Colorado
    Trader

You should go to Old Chicago then learn how to either look around the first page here or use the search function

Domingo and ASak10 like this.
  7. bfields4

bfields4 Savant (1,147) Dec 11, 2007 Colorado

Star bar usually has some interesting and awesome taps, and more of a nightlife/music joint if you don't want to just sit around and have a pint (absolutely nothing wrong with that).Cheeky Monk, The Rackhouse (if it's open) and Bull and Bush (not just their own) both have good draft lists.

8. Prospero

Prospero Pooh-Bah (2,606) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Basically what others have said.

1. Falling Rock Tap House (for largest selection)
    2. Freshcraft (for good tap list and good food)
    3. Cheeky Monk (for imports)
    4. These I all consider somewhat equal, Euclid Hall, Ale House at Amato's, Star Bar. Star Bar does have live music.
    5. Hops & Pie (for good tap list and good food, but about 2 miles outside downtown)
    6. Colorado Plus (if you go to Hops & Pie, you might as well stop here, 40+ taps of all Colorado beer)

The thing is, our culture here revolves around craft beer, so even our Mellow Mushroom has like 30+ craft taps, and nearly any restaurant that wants to survive has at least average craft on tap.

layinbrix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.