Deschutes "Anything But the Stoic" - Anyone know anything?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by B-Ho, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B-Ho

B-Ho Aspirant (221) Feb 16, 2015 Minnesota

So I work at a bar that typically tries to carry as much Deschutes as possible: Reserve series, Bond Street, seasonals, the whole shebang. I was perusing their 2015 release calendar and spotted on their Reserve series list "Anything But the Stoic" is listed as their March-May release. I've searched and searched for information. Nothing. Anyone hear anything about this release? Secret knowledge? I've searched using it as a beer name, as well as using it as a declaration - "it will be anything except The Stoic". Help!

2. RobertColianni

RobertColianni Pooh-Bah (1,705) Nov 4, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The beer name is just The Stoic. The variant is Not the Stoic.

Moose90 likes this.
  3. B-Ho

Yessir. I am very familiar with their two Stoics. However, is this another Stoic? Is it a completely different style/beer? Not the Stoic was released not too long ago, so I doubt they'll be doing another so close (They have it listed as "Not the Stoic" on their 2014 release calendar). And The Stoic hasn't been released since 2011. So I still need help....

#3 B-Ho, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  4. beernuts

beernuts Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia

Its probably the Stoic.

5. TruePerception

TruePerception Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2013 California

It's listed as an item on totalwine.com, but I can't get it to show as available. I tried both pickup and ship options in CA (Sacramento), shipping to Oregon, and picking up in Seattle. So, it seems to be a thing, but not in stores yet?

B-Ho likes this.
  6. blastoderm55

blastoderm55 Initiate (0) Jun 7, 2013 Texas

Wasn't on tap this past week when I was at the brewpub.

7. eatabagofbooger

eatabagofbooger Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon

I really hope this is another beer, as it might just have the best name ever

8. jason_nwx

jason_nwx Pooh-Bah (2,367) Sep 12, 2012 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

In the email newsletter from Deschutes today it said The Stoic - same as the release from a few years back - was going to be released late this spring as the next Reserve series bottle.

"Anything But the Stoic" would have been neat to see on a bottle.

B-Ho likes this.
  9. B-Ho

The Deschutes website has now changed The Stoic to a mid-May 2015 release!!!

10. Moose90

Moose90 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

Both "The Stoic" and "Not The Stoic" have been on tap locally within the last month or so. Not sure of distribution of either though, unfortunately. Have not seen or heard anything about "Anything But the Stoic."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.