1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Deschutes Brewery Expands Distribution to Alberta, Canada and Bismarck, ND

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Bend, Oregon brewery launched its beer in two new regions last month

02 August 2012 – Bend, Oregon – In July, Deschutes Brewery expanded its distribution network into two new regions:Bismarck, North Dakota and Alberta, Canada.

Alberta is the second Canadian province that has access to the Oregon-based brewery’s beers, which have been distributed since 2009 in British Columbia by AFIC Group. With a 55 percent jump in growth within the last year, Mirror Pond Pale Ale is now the number one selling craft beer in BC. AFIC Group is also distributing Deschutes beers, starting with Mirror Pond Pale Ale and Black Butte Porter on draft, in Alberta. In a few months, both these beers and the brewery’s “festive winter ale,” Jubelale, will be available in bottles.

In Bismarck, Deschutes Brewery is working with local distributor, McQuade Distributing Co., bringing beers such as Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Black Butte Porter, Twilight Summer Ale and Inversion IPA to the region. These first beers are available in six-packs and on draft. On the way to Minneapolis for Base Camp Week, the brewery’s giant traveling beer barrel, Woody, stopped by Bismarck to help celebrate the launch.

Deschutes Brewery, which recently added five new 1,300 barrel fermentation tanks to increase capacity at its Oregonbrewing headquarters, has already expanded to Missouri and Kansas this year. Plans for further expansion in 2012 are currently underway.

About Deschutes Brewery
    Located in beautiful Bend, Oregon, Deschutes Brewery is in the business of daring people to expect more from their beer. That's why we started off in 1988, on the banks of the Deschutes River here in Bend, Oregon, by selling Black Butte Porter at a time when others were sure a dark beer would never catch on. Our brewers love to push the envelope, especially if it makes someone nervous. But for us, the highest praise is a raised glass and a toast of "Bravely Done!" For more information about Deschutes Brewery and its courageously crafted beers, please visit http://www.DeschutesBrewery.com

###

2. Hurry up and come to MA

kirkse and mschofield like this.
  3. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Poobah (1,005) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

Good to hear. I've enjoyed them over the years and glad to hear of their growth & success.

draheim and Bitterbill like this.
  4. Been great to get Deschutes in BC but we need some Chainbreaker in time for the last part of summer

Bitterbill likes this.
  5. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I agree wholeheartedly with this post!

6. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

Canada, but no state east of Minnesota? Man, send all you have to NY we will buy it all I promise.

xsouldriverx likes this.
  7. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

That's a delicious White IPA. I hope you get some.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  8. Boy, it'd be nice if we could get some good beer 'round HERE. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, good for them. They deserve good beer in the middle of nowhere too.

9. Good for them! Pretty much my all around favorite brewery...amazing special releases and a really underrated year-round lineup.

10. yeah, but when you say we you mean all for me right?

11. They so need to just build an east coast brewery to facilitate that expansion. NC is the perfect hotbed...look at New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, and Oskar Blues...bring it in boys!!!

12. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Man,I'd love to be able to purchase Deschutes anywhere near Connecticut !

Cheers All........

13. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Albertan BA's: "Wow! I can't believe you can get a beer as great as Obsidian Stout for only $25.00 a six-pack!"

14. MrDanno96

MrDanno96 Savant (370) Ohio Aug 26, 2009

Great to hear that another great craft brewery is expanding. Please expand to the eastern half of the United States soon!

15. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (280) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

Sweet! Heard they may be coming to CT. Maybe through contract with Two Roads.

16. Stouttyme

Stouttyme Savant (270) Nebraska Nov 17, 2011

They could build a brewery within one state of nebraska and we still probably wouldn't get distro, but you a-holes in Philly would, ie Oskar Blues.

Retail1LO likes this.