1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Deschutes/HoTD Collab

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by podunkparte, Mar 16, 2012.

1. podunkparte

podunkparte Member

Shouldn't this be coming along pretty soon? I'm surprised there hasn't been any info for a while. I'm really looking forward to trying Conflux 1.
  2. tcampbel1

tcampbel1 Member

You and me both. Are they releasing it like Conflux #2, where both breweries release their own?
  3. podunkparte

podunkparte Member

4. t4h2c0

t4h2c0 Member

5. goodbyeohio

goodbyeohio Member

a little birdie told me that deschutes will be distributing this, so while you can expect the price point to be more reasonable, it will be spread across the deschutes distro area and harder to get here at home (as was abyss this year, remember?)
  6. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Member

I'm starting to have feelings about this beer, that I generally reserve for Summer blockbuster movies. The longer they hold onto it, the worse I assume it is. Now all they need to do is promote the hell out of it for my convictions to be complete. Example: Hill Street Blues.
  7. kevwcamp

kevwcamp Member

libbey likes this.
  8. djbreezy

djbreezy Member

Abyss was hard to get this year? Didn't seem that way.
    Smurf2055 likes this.
  9. podunkparte

podunkparte Member

Was for me. I didn't actually see one bottle on the shelf anywhere. Only got it on draft.
  10. tcampbel1

tcampbel1 Member

I noticed the same thing. The past few years it's been on the shelf till late Jan. with a few places having until March. This year it was like 2 weeks and that was it. Caught me a little by suprised. Usually get a case for the cellar, but only was able to get a few bottles this year.
  11. beefandbean22

beefandbean22 Member

so happy to get some news about this. Not a big fan of the label, but who cares if it tastes great.
  12. t4h2c0

t4h2c0 Member

13. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Member

Yes! Cannot wait for this release. Adding a new case fund jar!
  14. writerLJBerg

writerLJBerg Member

I hope this is on tap at one point, because I am not plunking down 11 dollars a bottle for any beer that has Stoic blended into it without knowing for sure that the final product is better than the sum of its components.
  15. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Member

A few bottles at the Portland Pub today for $12... FYI
  16. chumba526

chumba526 Member

This beer could be really good or really bad. I look forward to trying it though, hopefully on tap first!
  17. JLR06

JLR06 Member

I work at Deschutes and was fortunate enough to stumble upon Gary, Larry, Cam and Alan when they were figuring out the final blending of this beer. They let me try a small sample of this magical elixir and thought it was absolutely amazing. The TTB approval of the formulas and label have delayed the release a few months from what we originally intended. Keep an eye on the Deschutes Brewery social media channels for details on a couple of beer dinners we have in the works for mid-May to kick off this beer. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer them for you. Cheers!
    djbreezy and NWer like this.
  18. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Member

Any idea if it's going to be available on tap?
  19. JLR06

JLR06 Member

It will be available in 12 oz bottles only. A keg or two might go on tap at our pub and Hair of the Dog's. The beer dinners will have the 4 component beers plus the final blend which should be interesting.
    djbreezy likes this.
  20. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but $10-12/bottle isn't that bad, especially considering the strength of the brew and the two years they sat on it. Hell, Alan charges more than that on a regular basis, and people line up in the rain at 4am to buy his beer that may not even be properly carbonated.
    djbreezy and Dubbercody like this.
  21. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Member

I wish people would show up just to see if I carbonate :(

On a serious note, I cannot wait for this beer to be released. Does anyone know of a distribution map or if allotment has been set up as of yet?
  22. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Member

If your digestive system is anything like mine, drinking a few bottles of sour beer will cause you to carbonate nicely. ;)
  23. Danner316

Danner316 Member

Am interested to see what they pair with their beers with for the dinner.
    Do you guys know what sort of bottle limit will be seen at the beer dinner?
  24. distantmantra

distantmantra Member

Kinda sad that Sidor is no longer with Deschutes when this finally sees release, but still really excited for it.
  25. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Member

Which bottle shops in town will be getting this?

edit: the portland bottle shops
  26. distantmantra

distantmantra Member

I'm guessing bottle shops that carries HotD and Deschutes (ie. ALL OF THEM), along with Whole Foods, certain QFCs, etc.
  27. Shmeal

Shmeal Member

If this one is good....might have to start saving up money now.
  28. CaptainTripps

CaptainTripps Member

I wonder how much your taste buds got paid.
  29. CaptainTripps

CaptainTripps Member

I'm excited for this beer just as long as its carbonated.
  30. harrymel

harrymel Member

Luckily, it will be bottled out at Deschutes, shouldn't be an issue. They've never had an issue in the past. At least, that I know of.