1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Deschutes in SEPA

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by templar316, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Saw on facebook the other day it was on the way. So I thought it would be around this week. Any sightings? Would love to score a Black Butte, Obsidion or (in my dreams) Abyss.

2. Blanco

Blanco Advocate (500) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

the comments on facebook seem to indicate the distributor doesn't know much about this, at least from those who say they called. weird. I hope they don't plan to hold onto this stuff until Beer Week.

3. bonkers

bonkers Savant (455) New Jersey Feb 14, 2008

They have come to Philly for the last couple of beer weeks. Hopefully they will be distributing year round this time, but probably just another tease.

4. It's here, base lineup plus some special releases.

5. Beer Yard posted a picture a picture of a stack of cases the other day

6. I saw all their regular lineup today at Craft Beer Outlet. They also had Hop Henge and Black Butte XXIV

7. nfo

nfo Aficionado (175) Pennsylvania Jun 4, 2005

8. schillman

schillman Savant (265) New Jersey Oct 7, 2009

Trenton Road Take out has it most of the regular lineup including black butte and obsidian as per their facebook page plus Hop Henge DIPA and Conflux Collage 13.75 per 12 oz...

9. schillman

schillman Savant (265) New Jersey Oct 7, 2009

Black Butte Porter XXIV all gone at Craft beer outlet...rats.

10. jwat

jwat Savant (430) Pennsylvania Jan 19, 2012

WF Devon's got six varieties of their 6-packs, $12.49 each

11. Any places in SEPA get cases yet?

12. Yes, I know of a place ;-) . . . tried to Beer Mail you private, but my computer is acting a little funny.

13. chcfan

chcfan Advocate (570) California Oct 29, 2008

Look up, broseph. Beer Yard.

14. Any word on if they are coming to Western PA?

15. No indication that is is distributed in PA on their website, so I'm guessing it is just their annual Philly Beer Week money grab.

16. Last year it was only for beer week. I just got an email for a tasting at my beer guy saying only for beer week, limited amounts.

Black Butte Porter
    Mirror Pond
    Inversion IPA
    Obsidian stout
    Chainbreaker White IPA
    Red Chair

Pretty much what I saw last year and at $40+ a case(lat year) I will pass. I bought mirror pond last year and it was nothing great for the price. No idea on price this year. I bought mine at a different place last year.

Enjoy

17. The only beer I have had from Deschutes that I have liked enough to buy again is Abyss but I havent had that many.

18. Sounds like your beer guy is my beer guy, too.
    I think a couple of friends and I will end up splitting a case each of the Obsidian, Black Butte and Red Chair.

19. Blanco

Blanco Advocate (500) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

Last year all the hoppy stuff was faded and malty. Drank a Red Chair the other day and while it was drinkable, was also malty. I know it's a pale ale, but it seemed like this one was a few months old. The Obisidian was delicious though.

20. An easy way to move some near or past code product. Same thing when Duck Rabbit and Great Lakes entered into Eastern PA.

21. The Red Chair I saw had a best by date in July. How old would that make the bottles. Doesn't really seem like near or past code to me (uber-freshness fanatics withstanding).

22. Got mine at the BeerYard, thanks for the lookouts!