1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Detroit Fall Beer Festival Beer List - October 26th/27th

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Corbet, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

2. sarcastro

sarcastro Savant (415) Michigan Sep 20, 2006

Kuhnhenn's isn't listed either, but you can bet they will be there.

3. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (345) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Bells will be there, says all breweries aren't listed yet and I can't imagine they wouldn't show.

Hopefully that Livery list isn't complete... kinda pales in comparison to previous festivals.

The Greenbush list does look damn good. Can't wait!

4. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I heart Greenbush.

5. sarcastro

Meh..

6. GRBrew

GRBrew Savant (295) Michigan Jan 12, 2009

I'm surprised by how few sours are on the list.

7. loki993

loki993 Aficionado (240) Michigan Apr 16, 2009

I think Ive seen Bells as late adds to the lists lately. Im sure they will be there.

I finally got a chance to try some Greenbush bottles, Anger, Pain and Distorter, and they were good. I need to get my hands on some Rage and I don't care what I have to do, probably drive the 3 and a half hours to Saywer, Im getting some Delusion in December...

8. I could care less if Bell's is there or not. They usually don't bring anything special. I'll be happy with Greenbush and Dark Horse.

9. Bell's has brought some pretty good stuff in the past. Wouldn't mind a taste of Black Note again.
    Anyone have suggestions on what's good from Greenbush? I tried the Cabra last week and really didn't like it at all.

10. Rage is pretty tasty.

11. I read here locally that Short's would be at the Blues and Brews Festival in Adrian Mi, but that's not confirmed on the shorts web page. Any clue if they are coming or what they are bringing?

12. divineaudio

divineaudio Savant (400) Michigan Dec 7, 2009

Looks like I'll be spending most of my time at the Greenbush tent.

13. That's news to me--I'll look into it.

14. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (685) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

They brought Black Note last year, guess that is not special to you, it was to the huge line of people when they tapped it.:)

15. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (345) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

You must have missed the Raspberry Wild One at winter festival. I'd argue that was pretty damn special. As noted above also.... who doesn't want a pour of Black Note?

steebo777 and Spartan213 like this.
  16. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Heck, yes. I've been bored by Bells going on a couple years now. And my frosty reception at the counter at the summer fest in Ypsi turned me completely off. Server was a d-double-o-uche.

I will be spending too much time at Greenbush. No doubt.

17. I'm a Short's Fan. The most creative brewer by far! I haven't had anything by them so far that I haven't enjoyed.

FEUO likes this.
  18. FEUO

Good call on the creative bit.
    Loved their spruce pils and wowee zowee.

19. Posted this in the other fall fest thread, but I'll put it here as well. Looks like I'm going by myself to this now (friend couldn't find a Sat. ticket). If anyone wants to meet up, send me a message. I also have a couple bottles of Short's Key Lime I want to give away to anyone that wants them.

TheBandit1 likes this.
  20. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Bell's has beef with the Brewer's Guild...anyone know the back story? They were not at the UP Fall Fest either, and pulled out of all their events in the UP for Craft Beer week.

FEUO likes this.
  21. FEUO

Interesting. I won't lose any sleep over it if they're not in attendance.
    More Greenbush, anyone? Can't wait to see the Dark Horse lineup. Summer fest had a pretty epic lineup from them, IMHO.

22. Greenbush really doesn't have anything special, I wouldn't even waste your time going to thier booth. :D

23. I was at the Winter Beer Fest when Bell's had Blacknote. The line was stupid crazy, and not worth it. I would rather stand in a normal line and have 5 pours of stuff from GreenBush than wait in line for one pour of Blacknote. That tasting convinced me that it was not worth my time to try and trade for a Blacknote.

24. It looks like they have a crazy lineup, just looking for some direction on what to try.

I had Blacknote at the summer festival and was the fourth person in line, maybe 20 minutes before it tapped. Really didn't seem bad compared to the KBS line of a million people an hour before it came on.

25. superjose

superjose Aficionado (210) Michigan Mar 22, 2007

At summer beer fest Bell's had Blacknote on during the enthusiat hour, no one was in line.

26. Hope Founders brings something decent this year. They do well at the Summer fest, but they've been lame at the Fall fest. 2 years ago they just brought 4 year-round beers and nothing special. They apologized after catching flak, then did it again last year!

27. sarro

sarro Savant (345) Michigan May 12, 2009

Founders Harvest Ale was incredible at Fall fest last year. It's too bad people wrote them off for nothing barrel aged.

steebo777 likes this.
  28. FEUO

I really enjoyed the Brother Benjamin in the summer. But RAGE was a nice little ditty too. ;)

29. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

Dark Horse announced their taplist on Facebook:​
    Crooked Tree IPA
    Raspberry Ale,
    Amber Ale,
    Boffo Brown Ale,
    Reserve Special Black Ale,
    Scotty Karate Scotch Ale,
    Perkulator Coffee Dopplebock,
    One Oatmeal Stout,
    Oktoberfest,
    Edasak Dekoorc Eert,
    Plead the 5th RIS,
    BBL Plead the 5th RIS,
    Murf's Reeb,
    Kmita Kolsch,
    F.F. Dekoorc Eert,
    Gingered,
    Raspberry Homosapien,
    Homo Bourbon Sapien,
    Death Star Lover,
    Sahti
    ---

Very excited to try Raspberry Homosapian. Too bad they won't have Monster 29.​

30. List is finalized ... Bells ain't bringing it ... The Livery is Delivering!

31. Aaaaand Founders does it again. Bringing 4 beers, nothing special.

wadepressel and JohnB87 like this.
  32. sarcastro

Am I looking at the wrong list, because I see 6 breweries that have the name and no beers? I dont see anywhere that says it is finalized.

camil1mj likes this.
  33. steebo777

Totally disagree, fresh Harvest Ale is a beautiful thing.

That's what I was thinking too, not finalized until they post it is final.

34. GRBrew

GRBrew Savant (295) Michigan Jan 12, 2009

Anyone have a line on a ticket for saturday? Even a DD ticket.

35. Yeah, it's a great beer, so is FBS. But they are readily available beers. I'm more interested in breweries who bring special stuff that I don't normally have access to. And why only 4 beers? It's annoying when breweries bring a huge list full of rarities and special tappings to the summer fest, then half-ass it for the fall fest.

36. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

Looks like Founders really wanted to bring the heat to this one.

TheMonk41 likes this.
  37. leftyhyzer

leftyhyzer Aficionado (240) Indiana Jul 10, 2012

38. steebo777

39. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

BB Batch 9000 is worth the ticket price alone!

bierenutz, Spartan213 and leftyhyzer like this.
  40. I stand corrected. Awesome list!!!