1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

Detroit Fall Beer Festival Beer List - October 26th/27th

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Corbet, Oct 11, 2012.

1. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (365) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

I better not see you drinking the BA Cherry Stout and BA Batch 9000 :D

2. dblab33

There have been people selling extra tickets at face value outside of every single festival here. I don't think you'll have an issue at all.

3. leftyhyzer

leftyhyzer Savant (250) Indiana Jul 10, 2012

Not sure of I could take a risk driving 4 hours to hope to buy a ticket. Would be bad for a local. Lil too risky for me though.

4. Corbet

Corbet Savant (360) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

I promise you won't have a problem getting tickets outside the event.

5. NOw now, didn't say that. I'll see what is happening over at Bell's for those as well as Black Note, but I won't kill myself trying to get them. Either way, looks to be a great festival.

6. Corbet

Corbet Savant (360) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

Tap list has been finalized.

7. Hope to meet some of you at the festival--my real name is Sean. If you make it over to the Short's table, I highly suggest trying the Black Chai Creme Ale and Howlin' Chinaski Dortmunder Lager! I should be pouring most of the time for both days.

8. GRBrew

GRBrew Savant (305) Michigan Jan 12, 2009

What beers are everyone most looking forward to? Most of the known commodities like Black Note and BA Plead I have had before. Any other highlights? Greenbush for me will be one table I will focus on.

9. Spartan213

Spartan213 Savant (335) Michigan May 28, 2008

The BA Batch 9000,BA Cherry Stout and Kal Haven from Bell's are definitely on my list. Also looking forward to another pour of Death Star Lover from Dark Horse and quite a few of the Greenbush and Shorts offerings.

10. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (545) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Pretty much my plan too. With a little JP and some random breweries thrown into the mix.

11. Spartan213

Yeah I still have to go through the list to see what some of the smaller places are bringing.

12. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (525) Michigan May 28, 2007

Im gonna try to hit "different" breweries that I have not been to or tried this time..while I love Kuhnhenns and Founders and sort..I really want to try Greenbush, The Livery and sorts..

13. Spartan213

The Livery is absolutely one of my favorites and I will definitely be hitting them up. Not quite as impressive of a list as they had for summer, but I am sure it is still great.

14. May not leave the Greenbush table, well maybe for Death Star since I didn't get to try that yet.

15. a74gent

a74gent Savant (415) Massachusetts Mar 16, 2010

I lost track of how many Death Star Lover cups went down the hatch at summerfest. What a fabulous beer!

16. steebo777

Death Star Lover happens to be a medicinal marijuana strain too, which makes me laugh more. My brother in law and I chatted with the head brewer for a solid 30min at the summer fest about the name. Great beer too.

17. GRBrew

What are my options to get to the fest from downtown and get back downtown? I'd prefer not to have a car there, obviously. Anyone known of any shuttles or if cabs are doable? If cabs are around any idea on the cost of the cabs?

18. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (415) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

There are cabs around, but I can't speak to the price. Check with the hotel your are staying at, maybe they have a shuttle. If not, you could always grab the people mover and get off at Grand Circus Park and then walk over to Eastern Market. It's about 1.5 miles.

19. GRBrew

Google maps tells me my hotel is 1.8 miles from Eastern Market. I will grab a cab from the hotel and either get a cab back or just walk it. Comerica is on the way and I planned to hang out around there for the game anyway.

camil1mj likes this.
  20. steebo777

I'm taking Detroit Bus Company home and leaving my car overnight.

21. Figured I would post this one more time, now that the weekend is quickly approaching. I have 3 bottles of Short's Key Lime Pie that anyone can have (don't care if I get anything in return), please BM me if you want them. I will be at the Sat. sessino of the fest, you can grab them before or after in the parking lot.

22. dblab33

We are going to be walking over toward Comerica as soon as the festival is over Saturday. It's not a bad walk if you're familiar with the area. I have a feeling cabs are going to be impossible on Saturday night, but you should be fine around the time the festival is letting out.

23. Anyone know why Oddside isn't on the list? Figured they would be there.

24. Spartan213

Anyone heading down tonight?

25. goast8127

goast8127 Savant (400) Michigan Oct 15, 2010

Will be going tonight. Trying to come up with a game plan now. Not sure why I bother as I hardly ever come close to following it.

26. dblab33

Leaving work shortly to hit up the Bells event at Forans and will be over to Eastern Market right at 4.

27. Heading there soon. Anyone know of good places to park over there? Is the event outside or under the Shed's?

28. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Even on days when the market is really busy, there's plenty of parking near the warehouses/business. Shouldn't be an issue.