1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

'Deuces are Wild' BIF - Hints

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Centennial, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Centennial

Centennial Savant (440) Vermont Nov 9, 2009

Post your hints here!

2. Centennial

My box is NOT............. [​IMG]

3. TomTwanks

TomTwanks Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

Not one, not 2, but 3 variations of one brew may be hoppin its way to the east...

4. Centennial

does it rhyme with Chorus?

5. Devi0us

Devi0us Advocate (555) California May 3, 2011

My targets name has one if these in it...

[​IMG]

6. TomTwanks

Not 3, what was I thinking? 4! It might make them sing a chorus when arriving!

7. Centennial

I have a ridiculous box in the works and my target is going to get crushed!

8. Centennial

I'm still in need of "one" beer to complete my box.

9. Hunting down a last bottle, too. One triplet in with the pairs

10. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (450) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

My box is in place and heading East for Thursday delivery.

11. Centennial

well I guess that will get us started...and I thought I was going to beat you to it!

12. TomTwanks

Just bought the rest. Wow is all I can say...
    1 quadruplet, 1 triplet, and 2 pairs! Be prepared for an explosion on your pallet....

13. TomTwanks

Hint - one of these beers will never be produced again!

14. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (475) Texas Oct 15, 2011

The state of my target is home to a sought after brewery only release.

I couldn't hit many wants for my target since most were of the "hard to get" and not available in my region. Some great stuff going out in my box though and some favorites from my region. I have 5 pairs and one triplet in mind for my target. A couple of barrel aged versions, another couple is the same beer with different yeast, 2 vintages of an ageable beer, and one pair that is tied together in style and bottle design. The triple are very different but part of a series from the same brewery. Gotta buy the swag and a few more bottles, but will probably ship out by Wed or Thursday.

15. TomTwanks

Sounds pretty awesome! I totallly almost forgot about swag!!! Gives me a great excuse to go to the #1 rated brewery in columbus and get an awesome dinner with my gf, a triple ipa, and some swaggggggg for my target!!

16. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (450) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

I may be from Iowa but my box isn't coming from a "funny farm."

Also, I couldn't pair any of my targets wants, so I broke the rules and sent a couple as extras.

17. My first hint is that, despite both of us trading a decent amount, my target and I have no mutual trading partners. Also I have never visited my target's home state (although that's not saying a lot considering where I've been).

I already have a couple really nice beers picked out, but will have to do some shopping in the next week or so to complete a good box.

18. TomTwanks

Guess it ain't me!

19. canadianghetto

Hint #2: my target has reviewed a decent amount of beers and 11 out of 12 unique beers i am sending have not been reviewed. At the least I can provide a good number of "ticks" for my target. Not to say i am sending any undesirable beers. In the one that has been reviewed, he specifically said that he would love to try it again so I am helping him out there and he won't have to set up another trade for it.

Cheers!
    Will

20. AnnArborJoe

AnnArborJoe Savant (325) Michigan Jan 18, 2011

My target is located east of me. I wont be shipping until next week at the earliest.

21. canadianghetto

I would be singing too if I got the 4-pack of beers I think you are alluding to :)

22. TomTwanks

Damnit, the anxiety is killing me!

23. Devi0us

My targets box won't be sent out for a couple of weeks, gotta hit up a few releases if you know what I mean...

24. Had a great idea for something for my target, just trying to pair it now...

25. canadianghetto

The people shipping out later are perfectly cool in my book. I happen to have been collecting probably too far in advance and have an amazing local DIPA that is just 2 weeks old and I would like to get it to my target before it there is a hint of faded hops!

26. TomTwanks

So when we ship out do we send the tracking number to Centennial or what?

27. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

What did I get myself into :)

I knew this would be fun but now I'm feeling great as I just found a vertical that my target will think is great! :)

Ha

I how ever won't ship til late as I have a special release to make!

Jamie

28. Centennial

Yes, I appreciate if everyone can forward me tracking info when you ship. Also everyone can send whenever you want, no need to hold off on sending or rush to get it out fast. I want to get my box out asap as it has some fresh local ipa's, but this one damn beer is eluding me!

29. Centennial

Ya, guess I should have stated the following too...
    - Wants are appreciated but not required
    - The general theme is pairs or sets, but extras of singles are always good to go.

30. TomTwanks

Good, I should be shipping out tomorrow, and I got a couple singles I'd love to give my target!

31. Centennial

Time for another hint. My target is NOT located in the Northeast. Ya, it's not you Jake, but your still getting a box from me this week!

32. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Ha as it was just pointed out I have a series of beers that's are great!

Ha :p

33. Haha, I figured as much. I'm looking forward to your box and the BIF box though. Hopefully I can get my box out early next week. Need to make a small roadtrip this weekend and load up.

34. TomTwanks

Just picked up the rest(by that I mean swaggggg) Packed up and ready to ship, most likely tomorrow. Though in a few extras (just calling it that because they are not pairs). My target CANT hate me after this one...

35. Devi0us

Time for another hint:

The State I which my target resides has a team in the NFL...

36. Okay, I am all set to ship my box. In addition to some crushing, I plan to drown my target in a sea of beer. I've got 2 triplets and 7 pairs, in addition to some extras.

37. canadianghetto

Ok my box is all packed and ready to ship. I will get it on the way at noon. I had to do some creative packing to get 15 total bottles/cans and swag into a 12 bottle shipper, but everything is snug and tight (hopefully). Be careful when pulling off the Styrofoam top incase anything is stuck in the top compartment!

Hint #3: My target's state was one of the 13 original colonies.

38. Hmmm, based on your three hints, I think there is a chance I am your target. NH is home to Kate and is the state that ratified the Consitution and one of the original colonies, plus I do have a decent amount of ticks here. Either way, I'm psyched to find out.

39. TomTwanks

I guess I played safe and have 1 big box and it's smaller brother.
    HINT - very patriotic state, the war of 1814 inspired the star spangled banner to be written here!

40. Okay, here's a hint. I am COUNTING on my target liking the box