1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

DFW Bottle Share 8/11/13 @ Craft & Growler

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by mattisloco, Jul 17, 2013.

1. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

The event is pending approval right now, I'll put up a link when it is done. Here's the jist of it though:

Craft & Growler - 3601 Parry Ave Dallas, Tx 75226

This is for BeerAdvocate Members only. Please do not advertise on facebook or other avenues. Also, please RSVP, it's very important if we want to continue doing these.

2 large format bottles or 44oz MAXIMUM, of beer that is either not distributed in the DFW area (Freetail, out of state, etc.) or is a vintage of 2+ years.

BYO Glassware

Parking/Dart Rail - There is a sizable parking lot behind C&G. Dart Rail is highly encouraged, use the Dart Rail Green Line - Fair Park Station. It is literally right across the street from C&G.

Please take a look at their incredible growler selection and purchase something. They easily have the best selection of growlers in DFW and quite possibly Texas. They also sell pints up at their bar, maybe there will be something up there you haven't had.

C&G opens at noon so if you get there early please be patient. I'd imagine bottles will begin to be opened around 12:15.

Craft & Growler is allowing us to have our bottle share from 12 to 3pm. At 3pm all bottles will need to be put away or taken out to vehicles. Last time CFH64's wife started a tip jar for the C&G staff, brilliant idea! We will do this again and tipping is suggested if you are unable to make a purchase of a growler or growler fill.

Also this is a Sunday, there will be a Saturday bottle share either late September or early October from 12 to 2pm.

List you bottles when you know what you are bringing! Question, comments, concerns can reply below.

Cheers & Beers,
    -Matt
  2. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

3. air

air Member

Count me in - plus IMO start up a Google doc listing the bottles so it'll be a easier to access all at once.
  4. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Good idea... C&G Bottle Share Spreadsheet
  5. air

air Member

Were you going to take care of all the edits by yourself, or can we make edits?

Mine can change, but as of now:
    2012 Freetail La Muerta
    2009 Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer Blauw
  6. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

You can add them yourself. I'm pretty sure I made it public, if not I will later.

*EDIT* It's able to be edited by anyone now.
  7. ExperimentalAles

ExperimentalAles Member

I'll probably make I'll have to let you know as it gets closer though. Thanks for organizing Matt!
  8. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Member

I am going to try my damnedest to make because the last one was phenomenal. So I'll put a tentatively for me. When I get back home and look at my cellar I'll list what I'll bring.
  9. cfh64

cfh64 Member

Damn it, I'm out on this one. Jobs, ugh.
  10. AAxsom

AAxsom Member

I should be in on this. I'll figure out what goodies to share! Thanks Matt for setting this up!
  11. RustyP

RustyP Member

Sweet...I'm in!
    Probably bringing 2012 Big Bad Baptist and Telegraph Reserve Wheat Ale unless I find something awesome in OK this weekend.
  12. jsboots21

jsboots21 Member

Out on this one. Will be in Austin w/ a friend. Thanks for setting another one up, Matt!
  13. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

14. aschwab

aschwab Member

Since it looks like I will be in town from Austin that Saturday/Sunday, I will plan on bringing up some bombers to share.

I still have some from a stash from Michigan/New Hampshire and I may throw in 2 cans of ABW Heavy Machinery (1/2 IPA/Double IPA)
    mattisloco likes this.
  15. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

Basically neither Hell nor high water (and a job I suppose) will keep me from this. Any of y'all who didn't attend the last share are in for something pretty awesome. As always I can provide beer for any participant who lacks the beer for such a tasting. Just BM me and we can figure out something
  16. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Member

Bump for those that might have missed this
    air likes this.
  17. air

air Member

I gotta bail. Forgot I'm committed that day completely :(
  18. ExperimentalAles

ExperimentalAles Member

Very good chance I will be there.
  19. aschwab

aschwab Member

Since I will be in town, I will swing by. Doubt I stay the whole time as I will have to drive back to Austin at some point in the evening.
  20. Heretic42

Heretic42 Member

Updated the spreadsheet with a comment. Thanks for organizing all this Matt.
  21. aschwab

aschwab Member

Updated some of mine.
  22. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

I've been absent, crazy couple of weeks at work.

We're still on!
  23. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Member

Going to try to make this
    mattisloco and air like this.
  24. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Sweetass!
    JJFoodie likes this.
  25. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Member

Dallas peeps, is anyone coming from Richardson or north of Richardson to the bottle share that may be able to scoop me on the way down?
  26. air

air Member

BTW if you can get someone to bring you to a DART station, the train ride is super easy. Craft & Growler is right next to Fair Park station.
  27. BeerSocrates12

BeerSocrates12 Member

I'm thinking of making this my first BA bottleshare I attend. I've got a few things in mind but I don't want to be the newbie that brings something lame... Is anybody that is attending interested in trying Alesmith's Speedway Stout? Maybe Brewdog's Cocoa Psycho?
  28. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Member

New guy ill speak for everyone yes
  29. ExperimentalAles

ExperimentalAles Member

I will be there. Bringing the Almanac Heirloom Pumpkin Barleywine!
    JJFoodie likes this.
  30. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

Gotta close that evening so I gotta keep my shit in check but ill be there with beer
  31. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

I'll keep you in check. Can I slap you?
  32. kpodolanko

kpodolanko Member

I'm also new to BA bottleshares. 2009 O'dell Woodcut No. 3 and possibly a Hoppin' Frog Mean Manalishi or a Schlafly BBA Imperial Stout? I'm waiting on some stuff in the mail, so something may change.
  33. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Sounds great!
  34. aschwab

aschwab Member

Since I plan on being there on Sunday, does anyone need anything from the Austin area that you can't get up there?

I'd be happy to swing by a store and get what I can.
  35. BeerSocrates12

BeerSocrates12 Member

Does Austin still have any Stone/Brewdog Bashah.....if so I'll up to 6 of them.
    kpodolanko likes this.
  36. aschwab

aschwab Member

I have not seen that in some time. I cannot say they do not have it, I just have not seen it.
  37. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Member

Looks like I will be able to make and I will be bringing Mrs. TX-Badger with me. I look forward to seeing y'all on Sunday, should be a great time. I added what we'll be bringing on the spreadsheet. A couple Wisconsin deliciousnesses for y'all!
    AAxsom and BeerSocrates12 like this.
  38. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

This is turning into a hell of a share.
    TX-Badger and Sethzilla like this.
  39. aschwab

aschwab Member

Ha...hopefully there are big enough tables for this there.
  40. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Member

Wish I could make it, but my father in law's birthday is that day :) You guys enjoy some good ones for me!! My liver probably needs a break anyway.