1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

DFW Bottle Share - Craft & Growler Dallas 1/20/13

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by mattisloco, Dec 22, 2012.

1. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Member

JCDENVER, do they have a list of which places deliver?
  2. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Cool
  3. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

If we can bring in food there might be a number of places from FW I can bring grub from. Hot Damn Tamales comes to mind
    willandperry likes this.
  4. JCDenver

JCDenver Member

They do. Four or five local places. Can't remember which ones exactly off the top of my head, but they offered a fairly decent variety.
  5. AAxsom

AAxsom Member

I thought they had food trucks there on weekends. Or did Facebook incept me?!?
  6. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

I believe they do food trucks on Friday and Saturday night.
  7. jsboots21

jsboots21 Member

I'm in. Will need a study break.

Bringing Pipeworks Blood of the Unicorn and Goose Island Night Stalker. Depending on how frisky I'm feeling, I may bring one more. *oOoOhHh suspense!*
  8. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

Adding a Riserva '10...kind of a standard sour but I expect at least a few people haven't had it yet.
    willandperry and fragilehearted like this.
  9. jmdarcy

jmdarcy Member

I am thinking Goose Island Big John and the Bruery Oude Tart. It looks like there will be some great stuff there can't wait.
  10. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Blood of the Unicorn is a freaking awesome beer! On of the best (if not the best) Imperial Reds I've ever had.
  11. jsboots21

jsboots21 Member

Now that you said this, I'm going to drink it by myself.
  12. cfh64

cfh64 Member

Damn, I was going to bring Oude Tart. For now I'll be bringing Berserker, Twilight of the Idols, and... The Covey C&C Jacks Barleywine (I figure what a better way to share it than will DFW folk). I'll add more once I figure it out.
    thirdeye11 and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  13. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

Can never have enough Oude Tart.

You happen to be going to Community's tour the day before?
  14. twoplustwoisfive

twoplustwoisfive Member

Hey everybody! I'm new to beer advocate, but I've got some things from a recent trip to Indiana that I've been wanting to share with people who'd appreciate it! A co-worker told me about the tasting, and I'm really looking forward to it. Got some Founder's Breakfast Stout and Bourbon County!
  15. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Member

Man, this is shaping up to be one of the largest bottle shares since Freetail's La Muerta. Good job Matt and company. Ill be repping the 75080 and cant wait.
    willandperry likes this.
  16. puddledynamics

puddledynamics Member

Almighty alrighty, this is looking good...now to git some grub there.
  17. JJFoodie

JJFoodie Member

Hmmm...Rusty...I know where you got those! Love our local Gray Market hook-up!
  18. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh ;-)
    JJFoodie likes this.
  19. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

I'm going to get by there tomorrow and see who delivers. There's a pizza place close by too.
  20. willandperry

willandperry Member

Riserva is fantastic. not need for duming that beer down!
    dumptruck81 likes this.
  21. fragilehearted

fragilehearted Member

Ditto. Or Riserva.

I got a Brau Brothers Barrel aged Quad in a recent trade, am bringing that too.
  22. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

You guys are truly making this a special event.
  23. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

I wish I had the chance to try the '10 fresh, As I understand its tartness has decreased quite a bit over the past few years. I drank a '09 recently that had tons of funk but a little cardboard flavor....not sure the '10's are going to hold up much longer (save for the higher than normal acid levels) but the singularity of the raspberry tartness while lacking depth is very nice
  24. cfh64

cfh64 Member

Adding Fantome Pissenlit in place of the Oude Tart.
    willandperry likes this.
  25. jsboots21

jsboots21 Member

Anyone coming to this tasting from San Antonio? I'm in need of some Freetail brews. Please message me if you can help!
  26. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Member

I'm going to add a nice stout on top of whatever else I am bringing. Does anyone have an order of preference of these 3.
    Oil of Aphrodite
    Event Horizon
    BA Blackout
  27. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

1-Oil
    2-BA Blackout
    3-EH

Never had any of them but first glance of reviews the Oil sounds delish
  28. jsboots21

jsboots21 Member

Oil for me, too. Been really wanting to try Jackie O's!
  29. JCDenver

JCDenver Member

This! Btw, can sub in Bligh's for MOAs if people are more interested in that.
  30. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Member

Cant go wrong with those two.
  31. cfh64

cfh64 Member

I would love to try Blighs but we'll see what the majority say.
    H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  32. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Food options for Sunday...

Meridian Room - http://www.themeridianroom.com/menu.html Literally walking distance, they share a corner of the building with Craft & Growler

Pizza Lounge - http://www.pizzaloungedallas.com/ Also walking distance, right around the corner.

Scooter Boogie - http://scooterboogie.com/ Will deliver to Craft & Growler for a $5 fee from several restaurants in the area. One of my favorites from them that they apparently deliver for free right now is Deep Sushi. I have never used this service so you may want to call for more details.

Depending on how things go I may drive 3 miles north to http://dalatdallas.com/Menu.html . Their Pho and Spring Rolls are really great. Let me know if that interests anyone, perfect after drinking food in my opinion.
  33. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Member

I vote for Bligh's as well. But they would be real nice to do side by side ha. Matt is loco, does this place know what is going to happen on the 20th, I mean do they have any idea what sort of storm is coming their way???
  34. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

If I was them I'd tap a whole bunch of crazy shit as well. Install cots in corners and have ourselves a lockin
    JJFoodie and puddledynamics like this.
  35. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

I told them about an hour ago it's going to be 30ish beer nerds nerding their place up. They seemed excited... I forgot to mention a crazy Rouge Dead Guy drinkin' Austinite, by the way of Houston, was joining the fray though. Oops.
  36. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Man, you guys have me wanting to go up there. Unfortunately I have a long lost friend in town.

Sounds like a blast!
  37. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Bring him
  38. air

air Member

Due to the nature of how they do business, I doubt they have any crazy shit though. They mainly rotate around local/in-state seasonals and sessionable stuff for growlering. Unless they have like Lagunitas Sucks, then bring it on.

Maybe heavily leaning towards yes for me now. Turns out I do have MLK off but just seeing if there's any conflict with other plans and if someone would give me a ride.

This year's 120 Min is supposed to be good so I'll throw that into the mix. I can't handle drinking more than an oz of the stuff anyway, so I'm sure there's enough for people to share.
  39. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I would, but he's already travelling from Austin and is only a casual beer guy.
  40. Sethzilla

Sethzilla Member

I'm starting to get really excited about this. There is already like 40 unique beers mentioned in this thread, and 21 local(ish) BAs expected to be in attendance.

I'll have some Terrapin Oaked Big Hoppy Monster to add to the others I'm planning on bringing.