1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

DFW Bottle Share - Craft & Growler Dallas 1/20/13

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by mattisloco, Dec 22, 2012.

1. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

I love that beer so hard!

2. JCDenver

JCDenver Savant (270) Texas Feb 8, 2010

Since you are representing Austin, and ya'll seem to have some pretty fancy tastings, I don't want to disappoint. I'll bring both.

atxdelivery and cfh64 like this.
  3. I can give you a ride and also partake in yer 120!!

Krumb likes this.
  4. RustyP

RustyP Savant (340) Texas Dec 22, 2008

I have no idea what you mean, good sir ;) :D

JJFoodie likes this.
  5. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Aficionado (245) Texas Aug 28, 2010

If there is a position available to make sure everyone has a buzz, I would to get this title.

air and fragilehearted like this.
  6. Sethzilla

Sethzilla Aficionado (240) Texas Oct 10, 2012

[​IMG]

air, JJFoodie, atxdelivery and 2 others like this.
  7. We have bottle shares about once a week, up here in Denton. We just dont publicizes because we dont want you Dallasites and Fort Worthians corrupting our simple little town with your fancy beer ideas. Ha!
    Wish I could make it out, but the only bottles I could have contributed (Mission Imperial Stout and Double IPA) are already empty. Keep up the craft beer learning!!
    www.beerdrinkerssociety.com

mattisloco likes this.
  8. Nuke_Gunstar

Nuke_Gunstar Disciple (70) Texas Jan 17, 2013

Hi all! Im brand new to this site and I heard about this event at halls. After reading this, I have to come down and check it out. I'm really excited to be on here and met people who are as enthusiastic about beer as I am. I was thinkin of bringing a vertical of fullers vintage- 08. 09, 10, and 12, 2 of each (sorry no '11) and then maybe 1 more random bottle. How does that stike yah? Most of my stuff is only from in state, sorry.

Krumb, air and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  9. Sold!

10. mattisloco

No need to apologize, look for to seeing you there!

cfh64 likes this.
  11. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (655) Texas Aug 16, 2005

If there are any lurkers out there that want to join the tasting but don't want to show up because they feel they don't have anything "worthy" then BM me and I'll meet up with and GIVE you something to bring. It will stay between us :)

Again, IMO if you don't have anything out of state or whatever than just bring a good beer available in TX that they don't serve at Craft and Growler but if you really feel that bad about not having something let me know, I don't want anyone to be/feel excluded due to something like that.

BlueOkie, frognot, jsboots21 and 7 others like this.
  12. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Doing my stretches tonight (See:empty sixer of Sucks). I literally drank one in Central Market in line while munching on some Creminelli salami..my checker was rolling laughing

13. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

This post proves that you are the shining star of Texas BAs, keep up the good work!

14. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

From the bottle!?!?

;)

15. H0rnedFr0gs

We are lucky to have guys like Chad, Brad, and Matt. /rant

AAxsom and cfh64 like this.
  16. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (655) Texas Aug 16, 2005

'Preciate the kind words but I think 99% of the BA's on here are genuinely good peeps, we all just have different ways of showing it. Even though alot of us bitch, moan and debate with each other it doesn't mean we woudn't buy or share beer with each other, at least I hope not.

BTW, I'm offended that you mentioned me in the same "classification" as Matt. Notice there is no wink after that :)

17. mattisloco

I can't hear you, there's too much air flying by my ears from your Forrest Gump waves.

In all fairness I am not even in the same league as guys like Brad, Seth, Chad, Dave, Justin and the countless other BA's who helped me get into this wonderful community. Pay it forward.

JJFoodie likes this.
  18. kcbaby

kcbaby Savant (260) Massachusetts Jun 30, 2010

Everybody should be thanked equally - it ain't always easy to move into a new beer market and find people like these. This will be a great event.

cfh64, JJFoodie and mattisloco like this.
  19. MattSweatshirt

MattSweatshirt Advocate (680) Texas Jun 29, 2011

This is going to be ridiculous. I'm gonna bring more bottles. Glad the train is right by cuz, damn.

cfh64 likes this.
  20. JCDenver

Agree completely. I'm excited.

21. H0rnedFr0gs

Upping my game. Replacing Anna with either Art batch 2 or Vera Mae. First responder gets to call it.

22. MattSweatshirt

callin it lol?

23. JJFoodie

JJFoodie Aficionado (210) Texas May 11, 2009

I only wish I could be there...next one fo' sho'! Don't sell yourself short, man! You made this shit happen!

cfh64 likes this.
  24. H0rnedFr0gs

Well that sounds an awful lot like a tasters choice to me.

Anyone uninitiated to a share I figure I'd suggest running by a World Market and buying a mini snifter as a tasting glass, although the smaller globes like DEBC's work just as well (any of you folk sitting on a bunch of these please remember to bring some extra for those who forget). And please patronize C&G'S with growler fills...our gracious hosts are providing something few businesses will

25. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (405) Texas Dec 15, 2010

[​IMG]

Dude! There's no need for any "upping" when Anna's involved...:)

*Seriously, though... I've had all 3, and I actually preferred Anna. I'm willing to bet no one will be disappointed with ANY of those three.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  26. JCDenver

I have yet to be disappointed with a HF beer. Thought both Anna and Vera Mae were great. Haven't had Art....

27. H0rnedFr0gs

Art wins. Praying master Zhukov can Marshal our party but a beer in hand is worth 2 in the bush so CCB goodies might have to wait til later

28. MattSweatshirt

Art sounds right up my alley.

29. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

This is exactly true. Most of us are in this for not only great beer, but also great people. There is a reason we like to say Beer people are good people.

I, like cfh64 also help people with beers to bring to bottle shares. It lets more good people attend plus it just means more beers to drink*. ;)

*I can't ever seem to make my cellar shrink even doing this.

JJFoodie, cfh64 and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  30. mattisloco

You making this thing or what?

31. atxdelivery

This deserves to be at the top of the forum not the bottom.

32. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (405) Texas Dec 15, 2010

^^ See you two homos above me tomorrow.

fragilehearted and cfh64 like this.
  33. atxdelivery

Merika Fuck Yeah!

34. mattisloco

Thirteen and a half hours til.... I feel like a little kid the night before Christmas.

35. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Savant (395) Texas Jul 26, 2012

Haven't been on in awhile, glad I ran into a couple people at Community Beer yesterday and could get a few bottles in the fridge.

36. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Champion (805) Texas Jun 14, 2012

Looks like I will be able to make it for a little while, my Niners play at 2 so I won't be there the whole time, but want to meet some fellow BAs! I'll be representing my 49ers, so I should be fairly spottable.

37. H0rnedFr0gs

Got name tags and a sharpie. The lady is coming and bringing her bottle of Prairie Noir (I know a majority of people haven't had a chance to try this so having multiple bottles will be great)

Pumped for this

willandperry likes this.
  38. mattisloco

49ers huh... who invited this guy? ;)

39. atxdelivery

Cowboys suck, see everyone in 45 min!

40. mattisloco

Your mom's name is cowboys? She told me to call her Nancy...

willandperry likes this.