1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Did you like craft beer from the first sip?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SteelCity75, Jan 29, 2013.

1. DelaDogfish

DelaDogfish Disciple (70) Virginia Feb 14, 2013

I've always enjoyed that taste of a craft brew. The more I drink it the more I love it, what a great relationship.

2. I’ve never drunk craft beer, so I don’t know.

3. alucard6679

alucard6679 Savant (260) Arizona Jul 29, 2012

Hell no.

Luckily, tastes change : )

4. VDODSON

VDODSON Savant (310) North Dakota Feb 5, 2013

No, the first ''craft'' beer I had was Fat Tire, I still hate the stuff. I reverted back to german beers, and did so until a buddy gave me a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Couldn't believe the amount of flavor it had. I tried drinking a Shiner afterwards, and I could not detect any flavor.

5. DerrickW

DerrickW Advocate (535) Georgia Jan 17, 2013

My first "craft" beer was Blue Moon and I hated it from the first sip. I still do to this day.

AstronautMikeDexter likes this.
  6. No, definitely not. For years I disliked beer but now that I enjoy ipa's (lagunitas, flower power, sculpin) it is impossible to go back to choking down BMC's.

7. Most definitely. I never cared for the taste of BMC and only drank it to get drunk but then started drinking Michelob Classic Dark and suddenly had high hopes I could find other beer even better than this one. Next came Guiness but just couldn't take the taste of coffee at a young age so was disappointed. Before I knew it my best friend was a bartender at Local Color and my world just opened up.

8. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (370) New York Jan 7, 2013

I hated my first SNPA (probably my first 'craft beer'). At the time I didn't really like beer, craft or not. Over time however that changed dramatically. I loved my first Imperial/DIPA though (90 min)! Too bad it took me years to try it!

9. DinoFight

DinoFight Aficionado (235) Arizona Jan 23, 2013

Loved them! I first started drinking when I was stationed in Germany. Before that, really hadn't tried beer before. Got sent back stateside and tried my first Budwieser and was very disappointed after drinking such flavorful beer in Germany and the rest of Europe for over a year. Back then, there wasn't really a craft scene like there is now. Quite a few years later had my first Stone IPA and haven't looked back sense.