1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

Dissident in CO

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Tarheel4985, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Savant (255) Colorado Sep 14, 2010

Has anyone seen Dissident yet in CO? Are we getting it this year?

2. riored4v

riored4v Savant (370) Colorado Jul 11, 2007

Been looking for it, but I havent seen it yet.

3. denver10

denver10 Champion (910) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Was wondering the same thing. We should be getting it in the next week or two according to the guys at a local bottle shop though.

4. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (485) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

It's on the shelves as of right now ;)

5. denver10

Hmmm...was just at a couple stores today and saw it at neither. More stops at some new stops is now called for I do believe.

6. I had a weird dream last night where I was running around buying Dissident. Must have been an omen.

Oh, also in this dream, I found 5 bottles of King Henry inside a hunger games themed tent at Lukas. When I went to buy them they were all half empty. :confused: I think I need to ban my daughter from watching that movie and plastering her walls with hunger games themed artwork.

7. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (325) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

I grabbed a Dissident at a downtown shop today. Also got an Utopias.

Bitterbill likes this.
  8. I spoke with one shop today, he said he was hoping to hear by the end of the day today when he is getting it...supply is very limited, and he's expecting only one case. And this is a major shop

9. I've never had this. From reading about it it sounds like the perfect beer to throw in the cellar til the spring. Sounds like I need to go buy some at that 'downtown' shop mentioned above.

10. If I had money, I'd hit up this downtown shop tonight as well. But I don't, so looks like I'll wait till Mile High gets theirs in

tacosandbeer likes this.
  11. They'll probably get it tomorrow.

12. I hope not...no beer money till Friday :(

13. You can also keep an eye on Lukas' blog since they'll probably release this over the weekend at a set time. They usually post on Thursday what they'll be releasing over the weekend.

14. Already hit several places in Colorado Springs.

15. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I just visited a certain downtown Denver store. There will be only one more lucky person through those doors.

16. Guess I'm lucky I got to the store before you

tacosandbeer likes this.
  17. If my count was correct, denverbeerdrinker visited this downtown store between the time I bought my bottle at 5:30 and when joshclauss visited.

18. Sounds like I'm going to be SOL with this release

19. CK21

CK21 Aficionado (230) Colorado Feb 6, 2011

Bitterbill and coreymcafee like this.
  20. mklever42

mklever42 Savant (310) Colorado Apr 28, 2012

Really? Where? I know CS is supposed to get 11 cases from what the Deschutes rep told me.

21. Weber St. and Cheers had it. Pretty sure Coaltrain and Veterans will have as well.

22. denver10

Found myself a bottle at Supermarket Liquors up in FC just now.

Also, 287 Discount Liquors said they were getting some in today for those in the area who might still be looking for it.

23. Anyone site any in South Suburban Denver Metro yet? Lukas, Davidson's, Parker Payless, Corsnerstar? Would love to pick some up on the drive home tonight.

24. mazerock

mazerock Aficionado (100) Colorado Jun 13, 2012

Just got them in @ parker payless only got 1 case so 1 bottle per customer.. Cheers

ssteigerwald likes this.
  25. mkorpal

mkorpal Savant (295) Colorado Oct 28, 2007

Hopefully Wyoming gets a bit too. Maybe, they usually take good care of us.

Bitterbill likes this.
  26. Still there, just gotta ask for it! Not sure how much was left...but worth a shot.

Also Lukas updated their blog but no word on Dissident...

27. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (485) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

Yeah Parker had 4 left after I got mine, just got home.

28. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Savant (255) Colorado Sep 14, 2010

Thanks to tacosandbeer, I picked mine up at Liquor Land in Longmont. They still had a few on the shelf. Also picked up a WWBI he had held for me, as well as Odio Equum and Oud Floris. Got my sour fix tonight.

29. riored4v

Picked up my 1 bottle limit from both Heritage and Chambers yesterday. Pretty sure they still had some, but they only got one case also.

Hoping to get 1 more bottle somewhere. Was hoping to hear Lukas received theirs in, but not looking like it so far.

30. mklever42

The store I went to had no idea what it was and said, "do you just want to buy the entire case and is that beer any good?" So out of 11 cases that hit Colo Spgs, I have 1. Pretty exciting.

denver10 and tacosandbeer like this.
  31. mazerock

mazerock Aficionado (100) Colorado Jun 13, 2012

No more left @ parker payless.

32. Mile High had it yesterday.

33. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

For an entire 15 minutes, I hear!

34. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (615) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Thats like stealing candy from babies... For shame for shame.

denver10 likes this.
  35. Let's not get into specifics.

36. mklever42

I even asked, "Are you sure?" The manager said, "We don't care."

tacosandbeer likes this.
  37. Need to visit that store more often.

38. Looks like they are putting it out on Sunday if you need more.

39. riored4v

I'll have to let my buddy know. I managed to get a bottle at Parker Payless

40. denver10

Now that you got a Dissident and Oud Floris, you should grab a La Folie and Meddler and do a side by side of all 4 sour browns.

On the topic of Oud Floris, I drank another one this past weekend and thought it was even better than when it first came out.