1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Distribution in Louisiana

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ZethOfTheNorth, May 12, 2012.

1. Now we have to change the laws in LA in order to get some more breweries opening here!
  2. LSUPT

LSUPT Initiate (0) California Feb 3, 2011

Toured lagunitas yesterday and the guide said they are installing a new bottling line in the west coast facility in addition to opening the brewery in Chicago. He said they hope to expand to 46 states by the end of 2013 and LA will be one of those states. Also the new bottling line will accommodate 32oz bottles. So they weren't joking about sucks in 32s like I thought they were.
    ZethOfTheNorth and EgadBananas like this.
  3. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

Beer Camp finally made its way to Baton Rouge. I found some at The Beverage Store for $18.49, but I haven't checked the other stores just yet. I also found six packs of Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 12 at Matherne's yesterday for about $15. Anyone have any word on when Stone 16th Anniversary IPA should drop in Louisiana?
  4. avenuepub

avenuepub Savant (295) Louisiana Apr 23, 2009

Supposed to be in this week.
  5. ksmi116

ksmi116 Aficionado (115) Louisiana Feb 12, 2011

Stone 16th is on tap at The Bulldog, Baton Rouge as of today! And it is delicious
  6. acevenom

Calandro's also still has plenty of bottles of the stuff. I picked some up recently and I greatly enjoyed it. Calandro's also has Samuel Adams Fat Jack, Stony Brook Red, Thirteenth Hour Stout, and New World Tripel.
  7. Exciting new updates as per the recent Avenue Pub e-blast:

*NOLA MechHopZilla DIPA releases at the pub Thursday, Sept.20
    *Goose Island arrives Sept.24! I had no idea this was happening.
  8. acevenom

Would that be draft first or is this an overall release for bottles and draft?
  9. Not sure about that... maybe Polly can chime in here? Recently anyway, the bottles tend to actually come first (Green Flash, Clown Shoes, Southampton).
  10. More news:

*Pumpkinator showed up for like five minutes a few days ago. Stein's had a few left as of yesterday and Whole Foods Veterans sold out. On draft at Avenue Pub. Anyone got leads for bottles?
    *Two new Sierra Nevada bombers! Northern Hemisphere Wet Hop Ale and Estate Grown Ale are both available.
    *Timber Beast bottles have finally shown up.
    *Also, Hopitoulas is now in great-looking tall-boy cans and proves how much we've been missing by not having super-fresh packaged IPAs until now.
  11. acevenom

Baton Rouge is all cleaned out as far as I know. The Beverage Store only had two cases and sold out in two hours. Whole Foods had five cases and I think Calandro's did as well. Both sold out pretty quickly. Matherne's also sold out. I unfortunately missed this release. If anyone spots some, I'll gladly make the trip. If not, oh well.

All excellent news. I picked up some Hopitoulas cans over the weekend and I have to say this is far superior to what I had on draft.
  12. Totally agree about Hopitoulas. Way better in cans than the drafts I've had.
  13. acevenom

I already replied to this once, but it deserves an update. Stein's still has some bottles of Pumpkinator, but they are limiting it to one purchase per customer. They also just got Sierra Nevada Narwhal in today.
  14. BRoss242

BRoss242 Savant (305) Louisiana Mar 13, 2005

Where did you see the Timber Beast bottles?
  15. Singles at Stein's and four-packs at Whole Foods.
  16. nolabrew

nolabrew Aficionado (160) Louisiana Apr 20, 2010

Avenue was out of Pumpkinator when I went on Saturday.
  17. avenuepub

Our keg lasted 3 hours. I may Get another keg this weekend. I'll post of Facebook if we do. It went fast. Much faster than last year.
  18. avenuepub

In the case of Goose Island they decided to bring it in draft only initially. I haven't heard the latest on when the bottles were going to arrive but I Southern Eagle was hoping for Late november / December last I heard. Also only three beers were brought in: Pere Jacques, Matilda & Sofie. It's my understanding that those will be all we get for while.
  19. jhhollier

jhhollier Savant (275) Louisiana Feb 4, 2008

Any more word on Lagunitas coming to LA? Or maybe Great Divide or Oskar Blues?
  20. avenuepub

I keep hearing laganitus rumors....but nothing firm. Nothing on Great Divide or Oskar Blues.
  21. We have some highly anticipated seasonals around the corner:
    -Celebration
    -Double Bastard
    -Lucky Bastard
    -Abita Christmas.................................................... (I kid)

Anyone seen these yet?
  22. wyatt

wyatt Savant (290) Louisiana Nov 18, 2009

I just opened this to ask about Double Bastard and Lucky Bastard. Please post here if you see them.
  23. jhhollier

Can't wait for Double Bastard. Split a 3 liter bottle with friends last year but was unable to get any bombers of it. Celebration will be tasty as well. Really looking forward to Narwhal but haven't seen it yet in Lafayette. We don't seem to get quite everything other areas of LA get, though. Still haven't got Black Chocolate Stout, didn't get any Pumpkinator, no Ayinger Oktober Fest-Marzen. New Orleans needs to share more! LOL ;)
  24. avenuepub

There wasn't much Pumpkinator to go around but Narwall and black Chcolate stout are in plentiful supply. talk your local bar or store into ordering it.
  25. jhhollier

Yeah, I know Pumpkinator was in short supply just a bit jealous that I didn't get to sample it. I've been asking for Narwhal and BCS to no avail so far. It's Double Bastard that I really want, though. One of my top 5 favorite beers easily.
  26. avenuepub

Both Narwall and BCS are distributed by CC in New Orleans. I'll send a note to CC and let them know you guys are looking for it. What store in Lafayette would normally stock those beers and is it possible that they didn't order it? CC also distributes stone here. I'm not sure if at truck is in ... We cellar all our double bastard and tap it one year after it arrives. Still a very tough sell...but not as tough once it's booziness has dropped a grade or two.

Sounds like you need to make a little road trip to Calandros or stiens deli!
  27. avenuepub

Just got a note back from crescent crown on this. In Lafayette: Marcellos, Felipe's, &Ambassador wine and spirits should have double bastard and BSC in stock now. albertsons got the Narwall.

I'm just repeating what the email said:) one thing to keep in mind is that its very common for beers to take several days or more from delivery time to actually get put on the shelves because stores have to get them out into their POS systems. Small places like the Pub and Stiens can usually get new beers on the shelf faster than a chain or large store can.
  28. jhhollier

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the Double Bastard lasts until Monday. Might have to call and try to get a couple of bottles held. I'll definitely have to make a trip to the Pub and Stein's soon to see what I've been missing
  29. There is plenty of Narwhal in Baton Rouge. BCS was widely available here last year, so I assume it will be back soon.
  30. Update: Stein's has Celebration. None of the seasonal Bastards.
  31. jhhollier

Finally got my hands on Narwhal. As delicious as I expected. Tastes similar to Old Rasputin IMO. Gonna have them side by side later on.

Was told by the beer guy at Phillipe's that Double Bastard and Lukcy Basartd should be in this week, not sure when Celebration will show up. Finally had bottles of Pretty Things show up as well (not sure how long it's been available elsewhere in LA). Having a Jack D'Or right now. Decent enough but now I'm wishing I opted for the Meadowlark IPA instead.
  32. acevenom

Does anyone have news on Celebration, Double Bastard, and Lucky Bastard in Baton Rouge? What about Merry Mischief in Louisiana?
  33. The Beverage Store had Celebration but they sold out.

The Bulldog has Double Bastard and Lucky Bastard on tap right now.
  34. acevenom

There's more Celebration available in Baton Rouge. I heard Double and Lucky Bastard bottles should be here this month. I have yet to hear anything about Merry Mischief making it to Louisiana.
  35. jhhollier

Has anyone seen Celebration in Lafayette?
  36. acevenom

If all else fails, give your local Winn-Dixie a shot. They usually carry Sierra Nevada products. I scored some Celebration at a Winn-Dixie in Baton Rouge on Sunday.
  37. Nice! What location? I didn't know Winn-Dixie delved that deep in SN's lineup.
  38. acevenom

I found some at the Burbank location. I also saw some Celebration at Matherne's yesterday, so you should be able to find some somewhere in BR.
  39. Good to know. I've got my fill... for now. Thanks.
  40. jhhollier

Gonna have to agree with both of you. Had Hopitoulas on draft and wasn't impressed at all. Picked up a 4-pack of cans today and had one... much better. Might become a staple IPA for me. Wonder if the Mechahopzilla will ever get canned and released outside of NOLA? 2nd nice beer I've had from them (Irish Channel Stout being the other). Didn't care for the blonde or brown at all.