1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Distribution in Louisiana

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ZethOfTheNorth, May 12, 2012.

1. The red may be the best of the bunch...

2. I think Mechahopzilla is their best offering. I've had it on tap at The Bulldog in BR a few times.

Speaking of which, they have a lot of good stuff right now.

Casedogg43 likes this.
  3. Stein's now has an expanded selection of Pretty Things bottles.

Baby Tree, Meadowlark, and Our Finest Regards are now available.

4. Anybody heard that Bear Republic is pulling out of Louisiana? Trying to verify if the rumor is true.

5. You know, I've been wondering why Racer 5 and the Rye had gone extinct. The red is still around in various places, probably old.

6. avenuepub

avenuepub Savant (295) Louisiana Apr 23, 2009

Bea

Bear Republic was never officially "in" louisiana. It was basically purchased from over stock from a Texas distributor and resold by a local Distribuor. Before things like Stone and Green Flash came into the market I carried BR regularly but the quality wasn't dependable since it wasn't really coming through normal channels and being taken care of correctly.

7. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

I'm going to visit the ave pub this week with a friend. Almost stopped in tonight.
    Should I bring some Zombie Dust to share?

8. avenuepub

Ooo! I love zombie dust!

9. wyatt

wyatt Savant (290) Louisiana Nov 18, 2009

Has anyone seen Parish Grand Reserve on tap anywhere? Not sure if I missed that or not.

10. My buddy picked up a bottle from The Cove in Baton Rouge and I think he said they had it on tap. That was about a week ago.

11. avenuepub

We had it on tap the night before Zwanze . Will likely tap it again this weekend or next week.

12. wyatt

thanks polly. i was actually there that night, but i was preoccupied with all the cantillon. the zwanze event was great by the way. i'll keep a lookout for it.

13. is there still some cantillon on tap?

14. avenuepub

Nope it's ll gone:( we do have the Evil Twin Über tart sour cherry Berliner Weiss which is spectacular though and a keg of Tilquin we will tap soon. Also put some Cantillon Iris and Grand Cru Brouscella in bottles out. Next scheduled Cantillon is our annual New Years eve Fou Foune.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread but everyone should check out the Bayou teche Christmas beer Joie a Tous. They didn't keg very much but several places have bottles and it's Definetly worth the effort ....along with the Parish grand Cru... Also...as you probably know Lazy Mag has just released their Gulf Porter and NOLA has released their Irish
    Channel Stout.

15. I picked up a case if you want a bottle. I should have all of my Bruery allotments by next week, so I could have a box ready for you soon.

16. A case? I could use an extra bottle or two if you're looking to unload.

17. wyatt

I just had a bottle and it is outstanding. Still had 5 or 6 bottles at Stein's.

18. Anyone have news on whether we can expect this year's batch of Palate Wrecker in New Orleans?

19. I'd be willing to be we will. Palate Wrecker was release just prior to them entering louisiana, but we've seen virtually every production beer since then.

I'm stoked for sure. I was upset we were brought in too late to catch it last time, so bring it on!

20. In other news: 2013 BIGFOOT HAS ARRIVED

(also Ruthless Rye)

21. I'm sure everyone knows by now, but Palate Wrecker has arrived in all the usual places! Limited amount of draft in NO and BR.

22. Don't get nervous if Bigfoot 2013 goes back into hiding very briefly (like a week or two), it will make a return according to a source in the know.

23. Aaaaaand the Avenue Pub taps Palate Wrecker.

God bless the Avenue Pub.

avenuepub likes this.
  24. Fister

Fister Aficionado (120) Louisiana Jan 9, 2013

Anyone going to the Abita thing thats going on tomorrow? Just so happend that I was heading there for a flight lesson and stumbled upon it

25. wyatt

Barrel Aged Old Rasputin and Palate Wrecker are at Steins.

26. DavidDulock

DavidDulock Zealot (85) Georgia Dec 22, 2011

Anything new hitting LA/NOLA any time soon? NB and DFH I assume are still coming.

Tastings. Who does 'em? I got beers to share.

27. I heard a rumor that Boulevard is hitting Louisiana...

Any truth to that Polly?

28. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

Bigfoot is now in BR. There is still some Palate Wrecker at Matherne's on Highland.

29. avenuepub

I've been hearing the Boulevard rumor for two years so I've stopped paying attention to it. At some point I guess it will be true...

new Belgium made a distributor decision announcement yesterday. Still on track for April 1 st..first release is Fat Trie in bombers market wide. Nothing else for 30 to 90 days I think.

30. Anybody know if we are going to get any of the Barrel-Aged Bigfoot down here?

EgadBananas likes this.
  31. DavidDulock

DavidDulock Zealot (85) Georgia Dec 22, 2011

I asked Dan about BA Bigfoot-he said it wasn't hitting his store. So I can assume it probably won't be hitting anywhere else around here either, sadly.

lionoa7x likes this.
  32. wyatt

Can't let this fall to the second page.

Any news from Parish or Nola on sours? There were rumors on twitter but I would love to know more.

33. avenuepub

I have a case of it. Haven't put it out yet. Wll likely do a tasting where we open the bottles and pour individual glasses. 4 cases came into he state...I have no idea where the other three went.

ZethOfTheNorth and lionoa7x like this.
  34. avenuepub

Th

35. Sounds awesome! Keep us up to date on when y'all plan to do that.

36. Parish sent a guy to Belgium recently to meet with brewers regarding sours. It will be awhile before anything happens though.

37. Saw some prairie artesian ale and upright brewery stuff in NO last week

38. At Rouse's in Youngsville saw Goose Island and Southampton for the first time. Also had Palate Wrecker. Fresh Market has Palate Wrecker for 8.99 a four pack.

39. avenuepub

Yep, Pairie arrived in bottles last month. We just got a shipment of kegs in today so you will see those popping up in places before too long also. Don't know that you will see a constant supply of either so grab it when you see it.