1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Divine Reserve 13

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by JohnBender, Dec 19, 2012.

1. JohnBender

JohnBender Savant (475) Texas Apr 20, 2012

2. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

Let the ridiculous hype-train that ends up leaving thousands booty-hurt and "done with SA" BEGIN!

Grendle, Clonies720, cfh64 and 2 others like this.
  3. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (610) Texas Nov 27, 2011

I haven't even cracked into any of my 12s yet, since apparently I have to age them first.

4. jamescain

jamescain Advocate (660) Texas Jul 14, 2009

What is 13 supposed to be? Either way I'm sure I'll buy some but I'm not going out of my way to get it. Good thing the SA hype-train does not have a station in San Antonio :)

pwsoldier, jl28r1 and canadianghetto like this.
  5. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (495) Texas Oct 15, 2011

6. jamescain

jamescain Advocate (660) Texas Jul 14, 2009

You dont have to. If you like boozy beers drink them now. Or you could let SA store them for a year and then pay twice the amount for the 6-pack/bomber o_O

TxUltraRunner likes this.
  7. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (610) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Its one of those things where they're sitting in the beer fridge, but every time I open the door, I find something else I'd rather drink, so I havent grabbed one yet. Who knows when that will actually happen

8. HoustonZ33

HoustonZ33 Savant (335) Texas Sep 10, 2012

Alllllllllllllllllllllllll aboard!!!!

9. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Pfft... DR12 was EASY to find. Heck, I was finding 6-packs 2 months after the fact this year.

You Houston peeps need to find all the hoarders and tell them to calm the FUCK down this year. Specifically the cats.

jbeezification and cfh64 like this.
  10. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

It's crazy down here on release days. I've noticed people at work, who are your avg BMC drinkers, go bat shit crazy after the releases

11. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

It's exactly this. People who don't even want to drink it buy it because they "heard about it".

I'm all for people getting into craft beer, but being a temporary convert just to hoard beer you are never going to drink ruins it for a lot of people.

Clonies720, Ford and icetrauma like this.
  12. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Savant (325) Texas Aug 22, 2012

They don't just hoard the beer, they try to post it on Craigslist or Ebay demanding some outrageous price for it just so they can try to "hussle" someone out of money.

Clonies720 likes this.
  13. DanzBorin

Some people buy it thinking they will like it. And buy way too much. And then it just rots.

I'm sure some ends up on craigslist, but I'm sure a lot gets given to other people that don't really appreciate it either.

Sad thing is I talk to people in line and can tell that they only care about Saint Arnold and Divine. I even hear them talk about how they didn't really care for the last release.

I think they search for it because they think it's cool. lol

14. champ103

champ103 Champion (920) Texas Sep 3, 2007

To be fair, I did not really like 12. Though that is not going to stop me from trying to get this if I can. Some are amazing, some are not. Just the way special releases go sometimes.

cfh64 likes this.
  15. Texas_Speed

I do realize that this is what happens with most of it. I know people hear Divine Reserve and just rush out to get it without knowing anything about it other than it's Divine Reserve.

I also know, first hand, that some people wait for special releases (Divine Reserve, Pumpkinator, and others) just so they can hoard large quantities, 4+ cases of pumpkinator, just so they can try and hussle the average Joe out of their money. See the "Cat" from other threads. Granted if someone wants to pay $40 for a bottle of pumpkinator that is their business.

16. HoustonZ33

For the record, The buddy of mine that tried to make a buck... is still sitting on ALL of it - I don't think he'll be doing that again.

jbeezification likes this.
  17. Texas_Speed

I wasn't trying to call anyone out or throw anyone under the bus I was just stating that it happens.

HoustonZ33 likes this.
  18. HoustonZ33

No, no - I know man don't worry lol I was just putting it out there for all the other folks that think they have a running joke when in actuality, they are just beating a dead horse.

19. tofuspeedstar

tofuspeedstar Savant (255) Texas Jul 12, 2012

eh. I wasn't too impressed with 12, but I loved 10 and 11, maybe 13 will be good..but who knows, I will try to get some to support my local brewery.

Krumb and UHCougar12 like this.
  20. HoustonZ33

I heard nothing but good things about 10, Too bad I missed out on it and 11 was my first one.

UHCougar12 likes this.
  21. DanzBorin

Oh, I know we may not like a particular one. But I've talked to people that have only bought it once (in this case 11) and bought in heavy on 12. I asked what other beers they liked and didn't get an answer that would lead me to believe they would enjoy a 10% old ale that was very strong. lol

Hype train has been mentioned. As much as I respect Saint Arnold, I think the DR series bubble has got to burst eventually. I hope people spending big cash that don't even want it will start to realize it's not worth their time, effort, or money.

Texas_Speed likes this.
  22. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Advocate (520) Texas Feb 21, 2011

For those who are interested in more dr12. I herd that the heb on bunker hill may/or may not be releasing some soon.

23. Texas_Speed

I agree with you. But I don't want to see it burst to the point where it starts to effect the operations at Saint Arnolds. I enjoy having a Brewery like this in my backyard and want to see all the Houston/Texas breweries grow and thrive.

24. DanzBorin

I'm all for continued success for Saint Arnold. I'm all for DR success. But I'd like it to get in the hands of people who will enjoy it and spread the gospel of craft beer.

I've sent out a few of them to friends so they could try it. Including former Texans who had to move out of state. :D

champ103 and Texas_Speed like this.
  25. Texas_Speed

This is by no means close to where I live, but I still haven't been able to get my hands on some so I may have to keep my eyes open for this.

26. Texas_Speed

Agreed.

27. UHCougar12

Off topic: Anyone have dr1, 3 ,4 & 5 they want to part with? bm me

28. tofuspeedstar

ISO DR5 as well.

29. UHCougar12

Whoa whoa slow down on the trade blocking ;)

30. JohnBender

JohnBender Savant (475) Texas Apr 20, 2012

If anyone has some DR5, lemme know.

31. tofuspeedstar

Won't block, if I get, I'll share. ;)

UHCougar12 likes this.
  32. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (360) Texas May 17, 2012

They released their stockpile this morning (along with DR11 and Pumpkinator) and by 2:30pm they were out.

33. djd07

djd07 Aficionado (200) Texas Oct 3, 2012

Mycah leonhart?

34. UHCougar12

Wow was not aware of the dr11 of pump. Congrats to those who obtained some

35. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (380) Texas Aug 13, 2010

The hype train stops in Corpus. Divine disappears in hours. I don't get it.

36. Lutter

The funny thing about Pumpkinator is down in Corpus... it's still easily attainable. Like, right now! That place is where good craft beer goes to die, lol.

37. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (415) Texas Jun 6, 2012

ISO Pumpkinator FT Krunkin Punkin, Frageelay, other Karbach goodies.
    :D

38. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (380) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Last year it was gone in like 2 days, and we received more last year than this year. There were 3 left at Liquid Town this past weekend. The HEB in Flour Bluff has a ton of it left, but I quit taking illicit drugs so I have reason to venture that far.

Long story short, Divine Reserve is the only series that flys off the shelves down here.

39. Lutter

If you're serious, I have a bottle or two of Pumpkinator I can spare for some Karbach.

Now, getting it to Houston. That's the difficult part.

40. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (415) Texas Jun 6, 2012

I was half serious, I have two bottles from 12 but having more wouldnt be a bad thing. What are you looking for? I have no problem making a drive to Columbus with some bottles/ cans next week.