DLD Eve?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by joedodger, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joedodger

joedodger Aspirant (295) May 6, 2008 Michigan

We have some guests from Austria arriving into town (Merrillville) for the weekend. I have no intention of taking them to 3F on DLD, the 27th of April. But what is it like there on DLD Eve, the 26th? Would it be a normal/typical (whatever that implies) day at 3F? Or might day after, the 28th, be a better time?

2. Jake1605

Jake1605 Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 Missouri

Randomly take them to DLD and act like it's not a big event, but an average day at the local brewery. Anything to help change foreign views (even if they're right) about this country lol. How much are tickets going for DLD on the black market?

3. DrewskiWhit

DrewskiWhit Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

2 pair on ebay each closed at $800.

4. beerborn

beerborn Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 Louisiana

Did a quick search...ebay is clean but craigslist has them going from $80 to best offer

5. kodt

kodt Pooh-Bah (2,262) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's going to be way busier than normal on Friday with tons of other people in town for DLD trying to go there.

6. Infinite1

Infinite1 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Floosmore Station for DLD eve

aasher likes this.
  7. Jake1605

Jake1605 Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 Missouri

I heard that there will be death matches for the last cases of 3 day old Zombie Dust lol.

8. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Pooh-Bah (1,776) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

OP, Friday will definitely be worse than normal. Expect long waits unless you get there in the early afternoon. And I would still expect a good wait then. The Sunday after DLD is a fun day to go as well since they have leftovers on tap, but definitely expect lines. I'm talking getting than at least an hour before opening, if not earlier.

9. pointyskull

pointyskull Zealot (651) Mar 17, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

SHHHHHHH!

Treebs, aasher and pmoney like this.
  10. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

You should email Three Floyds and ask how early one is allowed to arrive on Sunday. Please post their response so we can all be appropriately respectful!

(sorry... couldn't resist -- don't phase me, bro!)

11. BUNZILLA

BUNZILLA Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2011 Indiana

I see what you did there ... and I approve

12. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Pooh-Bah (1,776) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I think his feelings have been hurt.

13. SimonesRules

SimonesRules Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2012 Illinois

Last year I went an hour before opening on Sunday and drank a few pours of Dark Lord on tap. All of the variants will be gone, but it's a good chance to try it without the hassle of DLD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.