1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Do any shops in the cities still have Lift Bridge Commander?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by DrHopenstein612, Feb 24, 2012.

1. I never got my hands on a bottle when I had the opportunity. I was also jobless and not spending money on beer for a while. Now that I'm back to being employed, I'm looking to stock back up again.
  2. tewaris

tewaris Advocate (595) Minnesota Jul 14, 2009

You are allowed to ask for two beers in the same thread :)

I am sure I saw Commander somewhere not too long ago (I think it was Zipp's)
  3. Haha thanks. I didn't think I could fit them in the subject line. I suppose I could've just wrote em both in the description
  4. If you get to Hudson at all, Casanovas has some.
  5. Tamarack22

Tamarack22 Savant (280) Minnesota May 19, 2011

No worries. You're also aloud to ask about 2 beers in 2 threads.

I've also been looking for some Commander, drop me a beer mail if you find a stash.
  6. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Zipp's is fresh out of Commander. Also, Casanova's is overcharging for it like its their job (which it might be...).

I know that RC Liquors has some left though. They're off 42nd and Botineau (sp?) in Robbinsdale / Brooklyn Center. Less than ten minutes from MPLS.

EDIT: There she blows - http://www.ci.robbinsdale.mn.us/rcliquor.shtml
  7. I think you mean the distributor that Casanovas is getting it from might be overcharging.
    arniepnminne likes this.
  8. yamar68

Regardless... it's expensive at Casanovas. I don't know who set the price but it's a silly one.
  9. tewaris

tewaris Advocate (595) Minnesota Jul 14, 2009

How costly is it at Nova's?
  10. yamar68

Haven't seen it for myself, was just told not to go and that it was $25+
  11. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

Try Pairings in Minnetonka. I saw a bunch there a little while back.

I was not all that impressed with the Commander. Tasted like a pumpkin ale. Barrel character was weak.
  12. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Not sure about the nova, but at Chicones it was 25.99, as I had posted on the old forum. Cellars Woodbury still has a row of them at 16.99. I had a sample on tap, its good, but i didnt think it was 17 dollar a bottle good. Especially not when Central Waters was 11 bucks a four pack.
  13. i saw some at lake wine and spirits and also France 44
  14. Same price at Casanovas.
  15. younger35

younger35 Savant (490) Minnesota Jan 3, 2007

Pairings in Minnetonka had probably a case left when I stopped for lunch Tuesday. $18.99 a bottle but 10% off if you have their discount card thingy.
  16. Douggo

Douggo Aficionado (235) Minnesota Oct 24, 2009

Don't quote me, but I think I've seen some fairly recently at Apple Valley #3?
  17. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

I am pretty sure I saw some at Liquor Barrel in Centerville this morning.
  18. Heritage still has some
  19. brewseum

brewseum Savant (275) Minnesota Nov 11, 2004

Pricewise,you'll be hard pressed to compete with the 15.99 (?) at a place on Rice St. near Mama's pizza.
  20. morimech

morimech Advocate (665) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

Haskell's in Chanhassen has at least a case left.
  21. You better get a pizza while you are there. So damn good. Mamas for the win!
  22. Can confirm that it is indeed the distributor that is doing the price gouging...
    wisconsinbeer1 likes this.
  23. TCMike

TCMike Aficionado (240) Minnesota Sep 30, 2010

On the rocks in Hugo had it today.
  24. BottleMan

BottleMan Zealot (85) Wisconsin Mar 16, 2008

I saw a couple of bottles at Cellars in Woodbury an hour ago.
  25. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (505) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

Big Discount Liquors
  26. Yep, and I happened to notice they still had some there this evening when I stopped in. Tons of other goodies in there as well. I cant stress how great this store is and Mike is a great guy to talk beer with too. Highly recommend stopping here.
    Ungertaker likes this.
  27. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

Mike has a hidden gem. I am torn when I post about his store; I like the fact that I have prolonged access to many harder to find beers (and don't want the trollers to usurp that benefit) yet I want to make sure he gets the business traffic that is deserved. Ultimately, I know the best thing to do is promote the place; very few stores in the metro have the service that Mike, Lisa, and their staff provide!