1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Do you prefer drinking from cans or bottles?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Alextricity, Feb 17, 2013.

?

Would you rather drink your favorite beer straight from a can, or a bottle?

1. Cans

95 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. Bottles

80 vote(s)
    45.7%
  1. CincyTK

CincyTK Aficionado (195) Ohio Dec 21, 2010

All beer should be poured in a glass.... period.

BoneyardBrewer likes this.
  2. pitweasel

pitweasel Advocate (545) New York Jun 11, 2007

^^^

Thanks for playing, guys!

Personally, if I had to choose between one of the two, I think I'd go with bottles. I prefer canned beer for a number of reasons, but when it comes to which of the two containers I'd prefer to actually drink from, I just enjoy the feel of bottles a little more.

And if for some stupid reason I decide to set my beer down and take an eye off it, no soda drinker is going to accidentally pick up my drink and steal precious sips from me ;)

3. Bottles. I reuse them in my homebrew.

Judgie likes this.
  4. It's not the metal changing the beer inside the can, but rather the outside of the can that meets the nose that changes the drinking taste.

5. supermodified

supermodified Aficionado (220) Ohio Nov 28, 2012

I drink from bottles while I'm on the can.

It's more sanitary that way.

6. Both! Depends on the situation, but 99% of the time I'm pouring into a pint glass. Oh! So the real answer is neither ...

7. adamant1912

adamant1912 Savant (395) Michigan Jan 10, 2010

Bottles, never been a can guy- probably due to the fact I got into craft beer in the last few years and most craft is in bottles until recently. Either way, I prefer to pour into a glass- I know that negates the question but I think being able to see and smell it enhances the overall tasting experience.

8. I think many people are misunderstanding the question, or didn't read the entire post. I don't believe he meant do you prefer your beer to come in, bottles or cans, I believe the original poster mean which would you prefer to DRINK STRAIGHT OUT OF.

Bottle all the way

9. Alextricity

Alextricity Champion (775) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

I even said that in the TITLE.

"Do you prefer drinking FROM cans or bottles?"