Does anyone else have a problem with the Zymatore Project?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ahalloin, May 6, 2012.

1. Everything I have had from the Zymatore Project I have enjoyed very much - no complaints here about the arrangement.

urielxvi likes this.
  2. KAF

KAF Advocate (600) Iowa Jun 22, 2007

I can understand this line of thought, but I do not agree with it. There are numerous brewers who continue to put out various versions or additions to the beers they already brew. Take FFF for example with their Dark Lord and its variations and then the Baller Stout they produced with three other brewers. I did not think Baller Stout was better than DL or its various versions, but I was happy to try it and thought it was a interesting idea. Or something like GI Bourbon County and then later releasing Night Stalker. Sometimes it is fun and interesting to see how the beer develops and becomes what the final product is. Although sometimes the brewer fails, I appreciate the effort and the ability to try the product.

3. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,110) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Yes, Jesskidden beat me to it. However, by the glass, a 10 ounce tulip of the draft version was selling in the $8 to $9 a glass range.

4. azorie

azorie Advocate (725) Florida Mar 18, 2006

oh hehe sorry I did not read it, and I assume its not on tap here in this town of mine. I try any beer once, if the price is NOT to crazy. so 6 to 7 for 10oz would count me out on this 1.

5. azorie

ouchies, I hope it was worth that?????

6. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,110) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Not in my opinion. I tried a couple of them, just because I was curious, but I wouldn't order any of them again.

7. azorie

Good to Know. Thanks!

8. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (450) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

I could ask him if you would like?

9. immobilisme

immobilisme Savant (400) Illinois Nov 8, 2005

Seems like a strange time to re-visit this thread, but sure, I am interested in hearing why he chose that combination.

10. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (450) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

I am curious too!

11. jbarone

jbarone Aficionado (100) New York Jan 24, 2013

Funny... I went to a Zymatore tasting and thought all 5 Zymatore beers were better than the originals.