1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Does is take Whales to get a Double Galaxy Growler?

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by penniwisdom, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penniwisdom

penniwisdom Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2010 California

What does it take?!

Have had this beer before and it's great.

2. founder26

founder26 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2009 Michigan

Personally I wouldnt trade whales for any ipa, pretty much anything from HF is gonna be a great beer

3. kscaldef

kscaldef Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2010 Oregon

Good timing and a regular trading partner in the area would be my best bet.

jl28r1 and biglobo8971 like this.
  4. nathanjohnson

nathanjohnson Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2007 Vermont
    Deactivated

I accept one-off cantillons and first born sons.

Squidly and franklinn like this.
  5. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2008 California

I would guess that the 750 growlers aren't too hard to get, but the 2L, given what a pain in the ass they are to package, would be hard to let go without someone hitting one of your top wants.

6. Levitation

Levitation Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2009 California

hill farmstead is in the middle of nowhere, and it has a +5 unplottable power, so it cannot be found on a map. traders only stumble upon it by looking for the magnetic flare when desmond forgets to reset the computer in the hatch. once found, you must get past the flaming horntail using nothing but your wits. then, sean hill will only sell to you if you pledge fealty to his kingdom.

so yeah, the beer is pretty hard to get.

given that it's a growler-only rotating seasonal with limited access, i would at least offer a rare growler fill from your area as a starting point.

MarkIntihar, Shilt, pschul4 and 16 others like this.
  7. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Deactivated

Are you serious?

Offer up some fresh Drakes IPA's or some of their other better offering, this should be easy. Not enough love for Drakes on these boards.

pschul4, Squidly and biglobo8971 like this.
  8. FunkyMacGroovin

FunkyMacGroovin Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 California

If there isn't enough love for Drake's on BA, then why would you think offering up some Drake's will get you a growler from HF, arguably the most loved brewery (of the moment) on this forum?

ShogoKawada and penniwisdom like this.
  9. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Deactivated

The OP is from San Francisco so I thought if he offered up some fresh local stuff from Drakes he might get some action. I know that Aroma Coma would not be fresh currently, but they have some other great hoppy brews.

He asked, I responded.

franklinn likes this.
  10. TheLostGringo

TheLostGringo Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2011 Connecticut

If he is lucky enough to find someone in the HF area I would think it wouldn't be that big of a deal for a 750. Problem is there is a limited amount of people in the area. :flushed:

11. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2008 California

And anyone from Vermont offering insight is more helpful than other NorCal folks like ourselves, I would add.

12. penniwisdom

penniwisdom Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2010 California

I can just FT: Norcal

Of course I can get anything Drakes. All that is available right now that is remotely special is Jolly Rodger which isn't that special. Not looking to trade anything too crazy. It is an IPA after all. Thanks for the insight here everyone. I guess this is just the problem I originally thought... No one really lives in the area.

Remote Breweries = Whale Factories

13. omniscientcause

omniscientcause Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2010 District of Columbia

Why dont you have some one send you some now, then you send them something later, when better options are around? I get that some people need to be compensated for right away, but I could care less as long as I got something good down the line.

So if I could go to VT I would do this trade no problems asked. Im sure someone that is close to HF would jump at this all the same. It isnt like there is a bottle limit on this so to speak.

14. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Pundit (790) Feb 9, 2009 Canada (MB)
    Trader

You forgot to mention crossing the drawbridge:

YOU. SHALL. NOT. PASS!

AlexFields likes this.
  15. Creetoper

Creetoper Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2011 Ohio

That all depends. Are you willing to trade whales for one?

Bluecane likes this.
  16. SubpoenaDeuces

SubpoenaDeuces Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2011 California

The last time this was on tap was, I want to say, a year ago. I think I traded a 2009 Cascade Apricot for one. We gave eHighfives, and all was well.

I never understood this arbitrary distinction, the line is drawn in the sand by some people for a limited, top 100, extremely delicious bee- WAIT IPA?! No way, nevermind then. I thought we were talking about legitimate beers, not that old "fade instantly" half breed, you will accept bottles of Finch's Cutthroat Pale and LIKE IT.

Amazing beer is amazing by tautology, regardless of style. If a new beer came out that they filled 120 growlers of, 2 per person, and it was sitting around a 4.4 on the site, I would not be like "WAIT NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS A DORTMUNDER, YOU CAN ACCEPT MY SMOKING WOOD AND LIKE IT" I would give similarly limited, amazing beer.

inb4 "he said personally, don't make prescriptive statements based upon your officious subjective beliefs" etc.

17. Finatic

Finatic Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2011 Florida

18. JacksDad12109

JacksDad12109 Initiate (0) May 15, 2011 Pennsylvania

My cellar has been ravaged by frequently trading for IPA and IIPAs from HF. You don't need to give up white whales but you will need to make it worth somebody's time and effort. If you love hoppy beers, you will not be dissapointed.

Gosox8787 likes this.
  19. founder26

founder26 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2009 Michigan

Drink much?

20. SubpoenaDeuces

SubpoenaDeuces Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2011 California

Hahah way too much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.