1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Does this warrant a trader warning / bad trade feedback?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by thetomG, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C20Percent

C20Percent Savant (315) Virginia Aug 24, 2011

If the sender truly believes he sent the beer, and the OP truly didn't receive the beer, then the only things that could have happened: 1) Lost somehow during shipment; 2) Sender packaged beer in wrong box and sent to wrong person. If I was the arbitrator here, then I'd probably suggest sending another bottle of something. But, I wouldn't have anything more to do with OP in future BIFs and I might actively advocate against trading with him. But, I'm an SOB, so...
  2. C20Percent

I agree. To some extent, his actions have led him to this situation. But, OP knew he didn't have that Elderberry before he chose CardsWinAgain as his sender.
  3. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

I chose him because the Special Herbs was the beer I most wanted to try out of everything available in the BIF. It was that simple.
  4. mishuggah

mishuggah Savant (255) Illinois Jul 14, 2009

Pure class.
  5. C20Percent

I'm not questioning why you chose him. Just explaining that the lack of Elderberry did not dissuade you from choosing him.
  6. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Ya, that comment makes me lean even more towards the OP. Either way. It doesn't sounds as if this is going to get resolved. Both parties are adamant about being right, and both have a good trading history, so best case scenario OP chunks it up as a loss and moves on. But unfortunately I'd be leery of trading with either of them unless it was something I absolutely had to have
    SlightlyStoopidG and C20Percent like this.
  7. This is where we disagree. In a "he said she said" situation, I look at how the situation was handled. The OP puts out great efforts detailing out his side, amicably. Cards flat out called him a thief and a dick in his very first public response. I'd much preferred dealing with the OP.
  8. thetomG

Thank you! Seems like common sense and decency are hard to find around here these days. Sheesh.

I still feel like something must have happened to the bottle en-route and that's why I've done my best to be as non-judgemental about the whole ordeal as I can be... just sucks that Cards has taken such offense to it all when it was possibly just something out of his control (well other than possibly packaging things even better than they were) that created this situation...
    Charlie_Richardson and Rainblows like this.
  9. C20Percent

I hear you, dude, but if you truly believe that you sent the beer; and there are no signs of damage and no note from Fed-Ex that contents had to be repackaged; and then OP creates a thread in which you are called out; then I can understand that initial passionate reaction. He could have been more eloquent, but I can put that comment in context.
  10. party's over folks. problem solved. thanks for the input.
    UHCougar12 likes this.
  11. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (635) Texas Aug 16, 2005

Glad to hear it.
  12. No.
  13. thetomG

WHY would I go to all this trouble and just make all this up, take photos, send you photos, weigh the bottles, packaging & box, wait weeks for responses, make every attempt to hide your username, etc? WHY?
  14. bc you drank the special herbs and wanted another bc its amazing? I have no clue...
  15. Look, lets end this.. I'm going to send you a beer.. Any further comments/arguments are a waste of energy..
    jbaker67 likes this.
  16. thetomG

That would be an explanation if I was a terrible person. But I'm not. And I don't really think that you are either.

But the bottom line is that SOMETHING happened to that bottle on its way to me and, as you likely know having been trading for awhile, shit happens sometimes and as the shipper its your responsibility to make it right.
  17. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (635) Texas Aug 16, 2005

I really want to try Special Herbs now.
  18. Why are you so defensive if you didn't do anything wrong?
    JesseLara, riemster, jrnyc and 8 others like this.
  19. agreed.
    claaark13 likes this.
  20. party's over bro. do something productive with your time.
  21. thetomG

Ok sounds good. Once that Special Herbs arrives I'll post back here to let everyone know that it's all taken care of. And again I honestly did not intend on "outing" you in this situation - I simply wanted feedback on everything from neutral parties, so once its been made right, I'll do what I can to clear everything up here in this thread.
    nsheehan and claaark13 like this.
  22. but I do need your address again
  23. thetomG

ok PM sent.
  24. The party sounds like it's over for you "bro".
    jrnyc likes this.
  25. ageed, bro.
  26. Alright then bro, carry on and stop trying to rip people off.
  27. F2brewers

F2brewers Moderator (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2005 Staff Member

Ok then...looks like we have some resolution to this.

No more inflammatory comments, please.

Leaving this open until OP receives the box and posts here about it...and will leave it up afterward for reference so everyone can see and judge for themselves.
    nsheehan, jrnyc and thetomG like this.
  28. lowbit

lowbit Initiate (0) Wisconsin Jul 24, 2013

Well, this has been both entertaining and instructive.
  29. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (620) New York Mar 21, 2010

Even when these threads don't end in an official bad trader they are very informative as the thread gives real insight as to whether someone is someone I would Ike to trade with. I think I just found someone else to my personal do not trade list as I think you have too!
  30. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (620) New York Mar 21, 2010

I like your style F2brewers, you do a very good job moderating this forum.
  31. markgugs

markgugs Champion (960) New Jersey Dec 20, 2006

agreed. he moderates the hell out of me (lol) all the time but it's all fair
    jrnyc likes this.
  32. F2brewers

F2brewers Moderator (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2005 Staff Member

Now, now, gents...no buttering up the mods. ;)

Seriously though, it's refreshing to hear that I'm not the worst *all* the time. :D
    tommyz, mythaeus, MattOC and 2 others like this.
  33. tommyz

tommyz Savant (475) Michigan May 28, 2007

Everybody has complaints against every mod, no matter how good/bad..comes with the territory..No huge complaints from me..just a little here and there...And thanks for keeping this thread open...
  34. AlienSwineFlu

AlienSwineFlu Savant (375) Ohio Dec 14, 2012

Seems clear to me... box arrived in a different box than the sender (at first) claimed he sent it in. Bottle missing, no real reason to believe either party would lie about hiding a bottle... sounds like it was damaged and repackaged. In which case, it's the sender's responsibility to make things right (did this myself like a week ago).

Only thing I'm confused about it why a good BA would be so reluctant to fix the situation.

Anyway, at least it's resolved now (kinda).
    nsheehan and jrnyc like this.
  35. thetomG

OK just to follow up -

The bottle has now arrived safely. Unfortunate that it had to come to this, but the issue has been resolved.

Thanks to CardsWinAgain for making it right in the end.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.