1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Dogfish Head Announces new year round IPA! Sixty-One.

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by flayedandskinned, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Savant (495) Indiana Jun 15, 2010

Sounds a little like Midas Touch with hops.
  2. larryi86

larryi86 Champion (760) Delaware Apr 4, 2010

That sounds good, can't wait to try it! Really hope it is one of the two IPAs for A Hop Eclipse Now!
  3. Wish we could get DFH here in Missouri...
    Jake1605, TheGoldsmith, bld81 and 2 others like this.
  4. Sounds interesting. I have yet to try a beer/wine hybrid.

5. It is. The other new one is Rhizing Bines
    larryi86 likes this.

6. I doubt it will be sweet though. Syrah grapes aren't very sweet, unlike Muscat grapes.
  7. This better ship to Cali fresh.
  8. beerborn

beerborn Savant (345) Georgia Jan 22, 2012

Looks cool, I'll mess with it, in more ways than one I'm sure
  9. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

Mr. Calgione mentioned something about coming up with the idea after pouring red wine directly into a pint of 60 minute. I may give this a whirl, except I hate wine.
    hardy008 likes this.
  10. gwdavis

gwdavis Aficionado (190) Georgia Feb 8, 2012

It's definitely a departure from a normal brew. I'd like to try this new one from DFH, but noble rot did not blow me away at all.
    waddellc2 likes this.
  11. waddellc2

waddellc2 Savant (400) Pennsylvania Aug 23, 2012

I would rather see a bourbon aged beer out of DFH instead!

12. Palo Santo scratches that itch for me.
  13. Sounds tasty.
  14. I enjoy DFH and will try anything they put out. That being said, I'm not a wine guy, so I'd be surprised if this grabbed me. We shall see.
    TheMonkfish likes this.
  15. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Barrel Aged Bitches Brew please!
  16. thompsojmd

thompsojmd Disciple (55) Maryland Jul 17, 2009

This is the first DFH beer in a long time that has excited me. Aside from Rhizing Bines. Probably because these are both IPAs and not some concoction of inedible ingredients. I'll be heading to the brewery to pick up both.
  17. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (760) Florida Feb 1, 2012

Bourbon barrel aged wws!
  18. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (760) Florida Feb 1, 2012

This beer looks super cool. Can't wait to try it.
  19. LBIsurf

LBIsurf Initiate (0) New Jersey Mar 17, 2009

I might have to go down to the brewery for the release of this one. Really want that Bonnie "Prince" Billy record!
    ZacJay and Vonerichs like this.

20. hah good one
  21. abkayak

abkayak Savant (330) New York Jan 8, 2013

in Dogfish we trust........basicly
    dan027, dipalova and ESeab like this.
  22. ImJ2x likes this.

23. Im fine with a month old IPA.
  24. waddellc2

waddellc2 Savant (400) Pennsylvania Aug 23, 2012

Sure is!
  25. Continuously hopping a beer for 90 minutes was a gimmick once too.
    ufmj, gwdavis, Brew33 and 2 others like this.
  26. MilkManX

MilkManX Savant (320) Arizona Jul 10, 2012

I can't wait to try this myself.
  27. Radome

Radome Savant (495) California May 24, 2009

Anything Sam C. does is OK by me. I'd say he's the most original brewer working in the US today, which also makes him the most original in the world. How many times have you found yourself saying, "He put WHAT in the beer?" Yet when you try it, the beer is always amazing and delicious.
    dan027 and JulianC like this.
  28. This excites me. I like DFH, but never really go out of my way to buy it. I will buy this though, in a second.
  29. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (595) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

I'll drive up there when it releases and give it a go. But will certainly add a few to the collection for posterity. :)
  30. shahn

shahn Aficionado (140) Maryland Jan 13, 2010

Strange, it goes straight to year-round?
  31. I had it the other day at the brew pub and it was terrible! I was really excited for a new IPA from DFH but this one more than missed the mark. It was a pink bitter disaster. It was like a bitter sparkling wine with no distinct characteristics. I enjoy both 60 minute and syrah but not together. It is not going to be a “year round” but a not so limited release a few times a year.
  32. I wasn't into this at all at first. Sounds interesting now though. I'll try it. It would be a lot better than trying black crown
  33. MossMan5

MossMan5 Initiate (15) Feb 3, 2013

34. Just was at the Dogfish brewpub yesterday, and had the test batch 61. It was pretty awesome.
  35. gwdavis

gwdavis Aficionado (190) Georgia Feb 8, 2012

Well fuck
    phooky, meanmutt and claspada like this.
  36. That was just my opinion. They have been doing some great things at the brew pub but I felt it wasn’t all that hot, but what do I know.
    pressedmeat likes this.
  37. got to try this baby the past two nights. it is very good, it tastes like midas touch mixed with 60 min. hoppy yet slightly sweet. not anything i'd buy a case of, but its pretty tasty and worth trying!
  38. Hey, it also could've been me having a great time, plus some world wide over espresso beans, old school, bitches brew....etc. I don't know, I'm not saying it's the greatest beer I've had, or even close, I'm just saying that I enjoyed it. I do agree, no way everyone will like it. Let's see how it is when it's released, I guess.